Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Guam and Saipan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Guam and Saipan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Very nice pics. Thanks!

Did you find a laundrymat nearby within walking distance? There is one on the way to the Sheraton, but you need a car.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:43 am
DH

Originally Posted by kevino
Very nice pics. Thanks!

Did you find a laundrymat nearby within walking distance? There is one on the way to the Sheraton, but you need a car.
I'm not sure whether there is one within walking distance or not. FYI, Westin Guam also has coin laundry on 6th and 14th floors.

P.S. I asked GM about the possibility of adding of self laundry but he told that it's against corp policy.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DH

I meant to post a while ago but... (better late then never )
I spent one month at RC Guam and it's my favorite hotel in Guam among Sheraton, Westin and Hilton. Physically Westin Guam is in better shape but the staffs and service at the Hyatt were much better. The hotel must sell a lot of RC lounge access though tourist packages. There were many times the lounge was jam packed but its staffs did excellent job of cleaning and refilling food and drinks.

Pluses:
* RC lounge and its staffs
* nice pools
* all rooms have ocean view
* no fee ATM (by the elevators)
* free daily coffee coupon at deli or restaurant for HGP members

Minuses:
* no laundromat - not good for long term stay
* no variation in RC lounge food offerings same/similar menu everyday
* RC lounge closes early (at 8pm) and can be very crowded
* will be needing renovation in few years - there were carpet spots that weren't replaced/cleaned thoroughly

Link to the pictures -
https://picasaweb.google.com/dshahn96/HyattRegencyGuam#
Great pictures, and video of the rainbow!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
BUMP!
Any current reviews/comment concerning Hyatt Regency Guam??
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:34 am

Hyatt Saipan

HOLY CRAP!
what a dump!!!!
Just got back from this hotel after having flown all the way from North Carolina to relax and unwind. 28 hours later and considerable monies later we arrived.
The driver fro the hotel at the airport did not bother to identify himself, and had no sign. Thus I waited 45 minutes after I arrived to get collection (only after I called the hotel....even though we re-confirmed pickup 24 hours earlier). The cab was a private cab chartered by the hotel and was gross and smelly.
Finally got to the hotel, which is in a seedy part of town. Looks like Miami in the 70's at the hotel. Hotel had no idea about the tour included in my room package.
Went to my Regent Club suite, and when I got off the elevator in the 'regent club' I was met with mouldy, green, soiled carpeted halls....in a tropical place. VERY musty, very outdated and depressing.
Room was a museum to the 70's. Painting on the wall said 1976, and I swear to god the rooms have not been renovated since. The TV's were old school cathode rays, the internet very slow (sign in the room advertised wifi since may 2012!) haha...room dirty, bathroom hot and weird. Couch was horrible and all pillows flattened due to over use. Bed was rock hard and the decor horrendus. I really wished I could have checked out and flown home.
Pools were physically dirty and had green on the walls of the pool. Staff at regent club told us to avoid the main pool as it is always 'dirty'.
Beach loungers old fashioned and ALL cushions were cut and growing black mold. A health hazard and depressing.
Food was OK, club lounge a dump and full of prostitutes and airline pilots.
For $300 a night....my rate, I was seriousely NOT impressed.
How on earth is this even a Hyatt hotel? I assume it is a cashcow as it is full of Russians and Japanese who never complain (and dont know better). As the sole mainland American I was repulsed.
Hyatt is not a franchise so someone knows this little outpost exists.
Give me park hyatt anyday, and Hyatt regency Dulles airport whenever, but Hyatt Regency Saipan needs to be demolished.............DUMP!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CLTF
HOLY CRAP!
what a dump!!!!
Just got back from this hotel after having flown all the way from North Carolina to relax and unwind. 28 hours later and considerable monies later we arrived.
The driver fro the hotel at the airport did not bother to identify himself, and had no sign. Thus I waited 45 minutes after I arrived to get collection (only after I called the hotel....even though we re-confirmed pickup 24 hours earlier). The cab was a private cab chartered by the hotel and was gross and smelly.
Finally got to the hotel, which is in a seedy part of town. Looks like Miami in the 70's at the hotel. Hotel had no idea about the tour included in my room package.
Went to my Regent Club suite, and when I got off the elevator in the 'regent club' I was met with mouldy, green, soiled carpeted halls....in a tropical place. VERY musty, very outdated and depressing.
Room was a museum to the 70's. Painting on the wall said 1976, and I swear to god the rooms have not been renovated since. The TV's were old school cathode rays, the internet very slow (sign in the room advertised wifi since may 2012!) haha...room dirty, bathroom hot and weird. Couch was horrible and all pillows flattened due to over use. Bed was rock hard and the decor horrendus. I really wished I could have checked out and flown home.
Pools were physically dirty and had green on the walls of the pool. Staff at regent club told us to avoid the main pool as it is always 'dirty'.
Beach loungers old fashioned and ALL cushions were cut and growing black mold. A health hazard and depressing.
Food was OK, club lounge a dump and full of prostitutes and airline pilots.
For $300 a night....my rate, I was seriousely NOT impressed.
How on earth is this even a Hyatt hotel? I assume it is a cashcow as it is full of Russians and Japanese who never complain (and dont know better). As the sole mainland American I was repulsed.
Hyatt is not a franchise so someone knows this little outpost exists.
Give me park hyatt anyday, and Hyatt regency Dulles airport whenever, but Hyatt Regency Saipan needs to be demolished.............DUMP!
Did you choose to fly all the way to Saipan just to stay at the Hyatt? Did you not research Saipan? I'm not attacking you but If you would look at the pictures (even on the hotel website) you will see this place is a bit Polynesian old school.

Japanese do complain and expect better but Saipan is the budget place. It's basically cheap and they expect it to be a beat down. You paid 300 a night but this place can be had usually for 120 or less. The Guam property is a bit nicer.

The location and the prostitutes. Have you been to Hawaii? Same thing. This is part of life for the islands and most Asian countries.

I'm sorry you had a bad time, but if you came from North Carolina to just "vacation in Saipan" then you really should've done better research.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:32 am

none of what you said is valid jusitification for a rubbish old hotel.
Hyatt needs to renovate or ditch. Its simply not in keeping with the brand standards
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: Club Carlson, Hyatt, National, Le Club Accor,
Stayed here a couple of weeks ago. Hyatt saipan is nice. I stayed in the Regency side and I suggest you do the same. This gets you free lounge access which means bottomless beer. The food is far better than other Hyatts that I have stayed, but I was disappointed with their hot items as they were few and far between. The regency has a private pool area which is fun. Internet needs way more work. Lines are short and there's not much room to spread out from. Beds are hard, but that's because it caters to a mostly asian crowd. Style at Hyatt Saipan needs more help, decorations look like they weren't thought out. Even so, the staff is wonderful. It's a great retreat property and one of the few multinational hotels in Micronesia. I would recommend Sunday brunch at Giovanni's. Out of this world, but it's also may be pricey for some.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Just completing my stay here on Guam and returning to DC. Stayed at the Hyatt Guam and it's very dumpy. The hotel lobby is newly renovated so it looks modern and nice but the rooms and corridors are in great need of refurbishment. It seems there is some effort to refurbish parts of the corridors but it's moving at a snails pace. The carpets and flooring in the rooms are also worn and dirty. Stains abound in the hallways. I normally walk barefoot in the room but NOT at this hotel.

The rooms have new beds and TVs but the décor is very dated. The bathrooms also need an overhaul as they have tiling from the 1980s and haven't been updated since then. Furthermore, the AC unit didn't work well. I asked them to come fix and they claim it was working but it barely kept the room cool.

Finally, the service at this hotel is severely lacking. When I checked in at 10pm it took them an hour to make sure my room was "ready" (I had a suite). I'm not sure what they needed to check nor did they tell me. I just assumed the room hadn't been cleaned which is amazing given that I arrived at 10pm after a long flight. In-room dining ends at 10pm so don't count on eating here if you have late meetings. Overall I found the staff to be unhelpful or unwilling to do things that most other hotels would provide like more water etc....

The hotel could be good given its location but the owners are cheapo and need to invest in their property. Won't be staying here until some improvements are made in the future.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Shuttle charge per person, or per trip?

Can someone who has stayed here confirm for me whether the shuttle charge is per person, or per trip each way top the airport? I've been going round and round with them via email but they're still not making sense to me. If they're going to charge $25 per person each way to the airport I'll rent a car for the one night we're there (all in price ends up being cheaper).
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz Five*, SpotClub
Question Hyatt Guam vs Marriott Guam

Trying to decide which I should stay at - anyone been to both? Hyatt is much higher rated on TripAdvisor, but I don't completely trust those scores
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The Hyatt Guam is much nicer than the Marriott Guam in my opinion. The Hyatt Guam is also usually more expensive.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz Five*, SpotClub
Originally Posted by kevino
The Hyatt Guam is much nicer than the Marriott Guam in my opinion. The Hyatt Guam is also usually more expensive.
Makes my choice easy, then I'm going on points, so cost not an issue. Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:48 am

I think you'll like the ambiance of the Regency Club, esp. at night.

You might consider cash and points if you want stay credit towards the current promo.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:26 pm

Bump. Any updates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.