Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Guam and Saipan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Guam and Saipan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Hope everyone currently in Saipan is hunkered down to weather this latest storm.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Second half of March, there seems to be no avaiability at HR Saipan.
Is there reconstruction work going on? Or, due to high season?
How is the treatment for Globalists, any recent experience?
Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:04 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I'll be staying at the HR Saipan for 5 nights in May. Any recent trip report? I've seen some recent pics on TripAdvisor and I don't expect anything modern but is it worth the $220 a night? Saipan is tough, there are very few mid-range hotels. You go from super cheap to rather quite expensive...
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by enelym1978
I'll be staying at the HR Saipan for 5 nights in May. Any recent trip report? I've seen some recent pics on TripAdvisor and I don't expect anything modern but is it worth the $220 a night? Saipan is tough, there are very few mid-range hotels. You go from super cheap to rather quite expensive...
It's probably not worth that much but the beach and sunsets are.
kevino and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 8:02 am

Just to bump an old thread, was looking to stay at the Hyatt Regency Guam in early October, however it seems unavailable on the website. Anyone know if it's open?

Edited to say it was just a website error. No issues booking now.

Last edited by Dave_C; Jan 15, 2023 at 11:00 am
Old Feb 2, 2023, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Dave_C
Just to bump an old thread, was looking to stay at the Hyatt Regency Guam in early October, however it seems unavailable on the website. Anyone know if it's open?

Edited to say it was just a website error. No issues booking now.
The website says roundtrip airport shuttle is $150....is that right? It's like a 3 mile trip?
Old Feb 8, 2023, 4:15 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by BThumme
The website says roundtrip airport shuttle is $150....is that right? It's like a 3 mile trip?
That is probably indeed their rate for a "luxury" car that can accommodate a party of 4 or more, but if you tell them you only need one person, hopefully, they'd do it for $10 or mb $15. A taxi with no meter would probably charge you $25, which is way too much, in my opinion. Welcome to Guam.
BThumme likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
any recent stays here? ....Explorist here.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The new GM at Saipan is Simon Graf, ex-PH Busan GM.
kevino likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 9:13 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by EqualOpp
any recent stays here? ....Explorist here.
Stayed there this past January. First time visiting Guam. Had a great time.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 10:13 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by thekaica
Stayed there this past January. First time visiting Guam. Had a great time.
cool. Do you have Hyatt status and did you get any upgrades? thxs

Planning to stay at Crowne Plaza as well.....a split stay. Budgeting 3 nights right now. Part of a much larger trip, flying in from time in Japan.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 9:56 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
HR Saipan Report

I stayed at the HR Saipan last week for three nights. They've got to be hurting... hotel occupancy might have been at 10% on the busiest night. Globalist breakfast is being provided in the restaurant right now since the Regency Club is shuttered (temporary, apparently due to low occupancy). We were given a room on the top floor in the Regency tower/wing. No suite upgrade was offered, which is a bit suspect given the occupancy rate. The room itself was fine and pretty much what I had expected: 1980's Florida.

Overall Saipan was quite an interesting place to visit. Lots of WW2 history of course, and some really nice beach snorkeling. One highlight was "Wing Beach" (on google maps, see [1] below), which is about a half mile down an extremely narrow dirt road. We were there on a Saturday and had roughly a mile of beach completely to ourselves. Clearly the tourist economy has not recovered here post-Covid.

[1] https://maps.app.goo.gl/2U1rvpdFCjRtaB5e8
gadberry likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 10:37 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Does HR Saipan still have a Regency Club? The Hyatt app doesn't show one. Also, I believe there used to be a regular ferry service from Saipan to Tinian, but I hear it no longer exists. What is the best way to best to get to Tinian for a day trip?

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Nov 22, 2023 at 10:54 pm
Old Nov 25, 2023, 4:31 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Does HR Saipan still have a Regency Club? The Hyatt app doesn't show one. Also, I believe there used to be a regular ferry service from Saipan to Tinian, but I hear it no longer exists. What is the best way to best to get to Tinian for a day trip?
Yes, the HR Saipan has a Regency Club, but post covid, it has only been serving food for a very short time, if at all. You can still go there and sit though the small lounge swimming pool area may be closed. And with no food, the cats that hang out there are probably not around (better offerings for them at the beach).

Star Marianas Air for an easy day trip to Tinian. Not a lot of parking spaces at the Commuter Terminal area though (where all the vans park), if you have a rental car, but there are some spaces.
SPN Lifer and Nagasaki Joe like this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Globalist here. Beware of staying at the Hyatt Guam. Wonderful staff. Very dated and humid rooms.

Brief overnight stay for a transit in late-Jul2023. Used the hotel SUV for transfer convenience. Most of the property food outlets just reopened after the May typhoon. Some signage on businesses around the hotel were still not repaired.

The main lobby areas looked fine upon arrival. Took elevators up to room to find excess moisture and dehumidifiers in the hallways. Entered guest room and the carpet was squishy moist.

Immediately left the Hyatt Guam and checked into the Dusit Thani next door. Amazing new hotel and stay experience. Ironically was cheaper than the Hyatt Guam. Beautiful sunset dinner. Hotel SUV transfer at 4am helps for convenience.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by SF_DUKE; Nov 26, 2023 at 3:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.