Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
I visit Osaka a few times a year, and for the past five years have mostly been staying at the St Regis and Intercontinental, and occasionally, the Sheraton or Westin. What brought me to the HR was the insanely good value of P&C; with the current promos, you earn back the points portion of P&C, meaning a night here costs no points plus some $60. Hard to beat on a Saturday night in Japan.
Care to elaborate on the current promos where you earn back the points portion of P&C? Anything currently being offered that would help offset the points portion for a November stay? Thanks for any pointers.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

2 generic prom's are currently running... a 500 points bonus by booking through the mobile app and the fall promo "more points, more play" that has bonus points after every 5th night.

So not exactly something where you earn the P+C back, but staying now can earn you a bonus.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:46 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by RTW1
2 generic prom's are currently running... a 500 points bonus by booking through the mobile app and the fall promo "more points, more play" that has bonus points after every 5th night.

So not exactly something where you earn the P+C back, but staying now can earn you a bonus.
You can earn back the points component of C&P at a Cat 2 if you max out the current promo with 25 nights. A one night stay at HRO then yields 3k points (promo) + 1k points (1W) + 500 points (online booking bonus) + points for spend.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You can earn back the points component of C&P at a Cat 2 if you max out the current promo with 25 nights. A one night stay at HRO then yields 3k points (promo) + 1k points (1W) + 500 points (online booking bonus) + points for spend.
If the stars are aligned you might even win the lotto....
Sure, this can work for a few if this single night is giving you the 25night promo benefit. But mostly it is just wishful thinking. In reality people (Diamond status required) will be earning 1500-2000 points for a single P+C night here, if there is one available that is.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:15 am

If the stars are aligned you might even win the lotto....
Sure, this can work for a few if this single night is giving you the 25night promo benefit. But mostly it is just wishful thinking. In reality people (Diamond status required) will be earning 1500-2000 points for a single P+C night here, if there is one available that is.
I'm not sure how it's wishful thinking. When there's a 75k points for 25 nights promo going on and you manage to hit the 25 night goal, every night will be worth 3000 bonus points.

You seem to be confused by the payout structure of the bonus points. These are granted in 5 night intervals, with a different amount of points earned at every stage (5k for the first 5 nights, 20k for the last 5 nights). If "the stars align" and you happen to cross the 25 night mark at SRO, that night earns 20k points for completing the promo. That's not what my math was based on, though. I just suggested that if you max out the promo, you earn 3000 bonus points per night, and depending on the length of your stay, welcome bonus, online booking bonus, and points for spend, you earn back the points component of a C&P stay at SRO.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You seem to be confused by the payout structure of the bonus points. or spend, you earn back the points component of a C&P stay at SRO.
I'm not confused about anything... I just find it a dumb comparison to state that you can regain the points from the P+C rate. The promo is just that you can earn a bonus, however much that is depends on lots of factors.
No use pretending that all bookings on P+C here will be done via mobile, in the promo period, all will be Diamond and all will meet the 25 nights. This hotel earns the same points as any other....
Old Oct 31, 2016, 12:10 pm

I'm not confused about anything... I just find it a dumb comparison to state that you can regain the points from the P+C rate. The promo is just that you can earn a bonus, however much that is depends on lots of factors.
No use pretending that all bookings on P+C here will be done via mobile, in the promo period, all will be Diamond and all will meet the 25 nights. This hotel earns the same points as any other....
A little cranky today? The statement in my trip report was "with the current promos, you earn back the points portion of P&C, meaning a night here costs no points plus some $60. Hard to beat on a Saturday night in Japan." The point was that the downsides (mostly: location) are so significant that I wouldn't consider staying here if the conditions of (a) promo and (b) Saturday night (or other high rate situation) weren't met.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Accommodation Tax on all Osaka stays begins January 1, 2017.

https://www.osaka-info.jp/en/news/accommo_tax.html
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does this hotel still offer club lounge benefits in the Lobby Lounge?

What happens when events like this are going on? Do Diamonds get to partake in them as well?

http://www.hyattregencyosaka.com/res.../ll/index.html
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm

What happens when events like this are going on? Do Diamonds get to partake in them as well?

I was there the second week of November and the lobby lounge bar apparently offered the cocktails/hor d'oeuvres reception in the evening for Diamond guests...I just arrived too late (as usual) :-(
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA

Diamonds and Club guests are sent to the Cafe, where they have the same comp drink menu with the unfortunate exception of the royal milk tea, which is only served in the lounge. The Cafe will also offer a couple of pastries, which the lounge did not. Otherwise there is the coffee machine (and nothing else) in the 26F lounge.

These events are pretty much every Sat, Sun, and holiday and are very popular,
Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Diamonds and Club guests are sent to the Cafe, where they have the same comp drink menu with the unfortunate exception of the royal milk tea, which is only served in the lounge.
My wife got the royal milk tea during breakfast in the restaurant once, as she didn't realize at the time that it was a Lobby Lounge only thing. Apparently they made it in the lounge and brought it to the restaurant. Took about 20 minutes to get it.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:00 am

My wife got the royal milk tea during breakfast in the restaurant once, as she didn't realize at the time that it was a Lobby Lounge only thing. Apparently they made it in the lounge and brought it to the restaurant. Took about 20 minutes to get it.
Yes, they said if we wanted it in the afternoon that they would bring it from the lounge, but we didn't bother.

The weekend afternoon desert buffet in the lobby lounge has always been there, but before it got so popular they were also serving Diamonds and Club guests. The last 3 stays (all Sat nights) it was completely dedicated to the desert buffet on both Sat and Sun. When they had the matcha event people were lined up and waiting from more than 30 minutes before service began.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Neither the Regency Suite nor the Diplomat Suite has any type of coffee maker, just the same T-fal hot water kettle as in the regular rooms.
Was upgraded to Diplomat Suite during my stay this weekend. It had a Nespresso machine!

Am wondering if I spotted OsakaWino in the club lounge Saturday Night, talking with the Assistant F&B Director?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:01 am

Was upgraded to Diplomat Suite during my stay this weekend. It had a Nespresso machine!

Am wondering if I spotted OsakaWino in the club lounge Saturday Night, talking with the Assistant F&B Director?
Gee, we've never been upgraded to the Diplomat Suite unless using a DSU.

We did use a DSU in Dec and just got the normal suite, which did not have a Nespresso machine (yet), but it did have Ren toiletries, which is new, so I imagine you also had then in the Diplomat suite.

No it wasn't me at HR Osaka, we were at HR Naha and jut got back today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.