Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Many hotels have weight limits and some also limit the number of dogs. I'm all for that.

I also know that one hotel that was very pet friendly had to stop because people abused the priviledge and took the dog where it was not allowed. It was the Ocean Resort in Atlantic City, and last year they gave free rooms to hurricane evacuees. Unfortunately, it was those people who stayed for free for a week and brought their pets, who caused the policy to change.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
Originally Posted by Time traveller
This hotel has quietly transformed itself into a dog hotel. There are dogs everywhere, and some guests "sneaking" their dogs in without the extra fees. Not surprising it was downgraded a level on the award chart. It has gone downhill over the past few years unfortunately.
I have been to the HRGC many times in the past 8 months and agree that on many stays there were many dogs there. I was told a few years back that the dogs were to be only on the low floors, I believe the 3rd and 4th and asked about it after seeing them on 11,12 and 14. I was told they are still only supposed to be on the low floors. I also encountered dogs in the club, both inside and out as well as on the main lower Deck at the heated pool. When questioned about the afgan dog in the regency club I was told the owners are frequent guests and say he is a service dog. However that dog was eating off the table and they were allowing anyone who wanted to to pet him. They also only had him with them sometimes other times not which makes one question the service claim. It is difficult for the hotels as you cannot ask for proof that the animal is a service animal. For people who are allergic or uncomfortable around animals it certainly seems that their rights and concerns are becoming secondary to those who want to bring their pet and not abide by the hotel rules.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by diamond_46

I have been to the HRGC many times in the past 8 months and agree that on many stays there were many dogs there. I was told a few years back that the dogs were to be only on the low floors, I believe the 3rd and 4th and asked about it after seeing them on 11,12 and 14. I was told they are still only supposed to be on the low floors. I also encountered dogs in the club, both inside and out as well as on the main lower Deck at the heated pool. When questioned about the afgan dog in the regency club I was told the owners are frequent guests and say he is a service dog. However that dog was eating off the table and they were allowing anyone who wanted to to pet him. They also only had him with them sometimes other times not which makes one question the service claim. It is difficult for the hotels as you cannot ask for proof that the animal is a service animal. For people who are allergic or uncomfortable around animals it certainly seems that their rights and concerns are becoming secondary to those who want to bring their pet and not abide by the hotel rules.
Unfortunately this is now a societal problem. However, what you are describing in the lounge strikes me as a health code violation....
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:18 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Unfortunately the hotel is hungry for the business and while it’s helpful to share here on FT
without complaints to Hyatt Consumer Affairs /Guest Relations the likelihood of improvement of the disgusting behavior will even be more likely to continue
With enough folks filing cases there is a hopeful chance something may get accomplished
I would be disgusted if I saw it and likely checkout or perhaps not return to the club
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Unfortunately this is now a societal problem. However, what you are describing in the lounge strikes me as a health code violation....
You are allowed to bring dogs to the outside area of the lounge. Inside is a no-no.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:00 pm

For people who are allergic or uncomfortable around animals it certainly seems that their rights and concerns are becoming secondary to those who want to bring their pet and not abide by the hotel rules.
These are the people who ruin it for the rest of us who have well behaved and small dogs.

I think I was on the 11th floor and didn't bring the little guy anywhere he wasn't allowed to be. Nor would I.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Unfortunately the hotel is hungry for the business and while it’s helpful to share here on FT
without complaints to Hyatt Consumer Affairs /Guest Relations the likelihood of improvement of the disgusting behavior will even be more likely to continue
With enough folks filing cases there is a hopeful chance something may get accomplished
I would be disgusted if I saw it and likely checkout or perhaps not return to the club
I know, for a fact, these boards are monitored by Hyatt corporate.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by Mary2e
These are the people who ruin it for the rest of us who have well behaved and small dogs.

I think I was on the 11th floor and didn't bring the little guy anywhere he wasn't allowed to be. Nor would I.
If you were on the 11th floor that in itself is a violation.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:40 pm

Well, I didn't put myself there, did I? I didn't break any rules, and actually made sure I read them before reserving and arriving.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
You are allowed to bring dogs to the outside area of the lounge. Inside is a no-no.
We were told dogs are not allowed inside or outside in the RC unless they are service animals. This was told to us on several stays.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:23 pm

Well, I didn't put myself there, did I? I didn't break any rules, and actually made sure I read them before reserving and arriving.
Oh snappy... no one said you did. Just saying the upper floors are against Hyatt policy.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:47 pm

We were told dogs are not allowed inside or outside in the RC unless they are service animals. This was told to us on several stays.
Well, I double and triple checked and was told outside was OK. We also asked when entering the club.

Originally Posted by Maui4me1

Oh snappy... no one said you did. Just saying the upper floors are against Hyatt policy.
It's not Hyatt policy. It's up to each individual hotel to make the policy. Some don't allow pets at all, some allow them on all floors, some have specific floors.

My point was that *I* did not break the rules. The hotel assigned that room to me.

I get it. You folks don't like pets - even if they're tiny and don't bother you. But some of us really make the effort to do only what is permitted. It's the other people who are lying about ESAs and bring their badly behaved pet along that is causing all the problems.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:28 pm

I just booked a room here and it says there is a $40 a night "hotel fee", that isn't a "resort fee". Is this still waived with award nights?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by UCitiFlyer
I just booked a room here and it says there is a $40 a night "hotel fee", that isn't a "resort fee". Is this still waived with award nights?
i have a reservation there and I don’t see any additional fee.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:06 am

I would ask my concierge if they, in fact, had renamed the resort fee to a hotel fee to sidestep having to waive it.

If it is the equivalent of a resort fee, I would then ask to be connected to consumer affairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.