Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
I did a short review a page back. The lounge there is fine. Standard lounge with different offerings each day. I used a DSU but was upgraded to the VIP suite so I can't comment on the Exec Suite. Great hotel though. Definitely one of my favorites.
How did you ask for a VIP suite?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
How did you ask for a VIP suite?
I actually didn't. (But I would highly suggest now that you do). Here's what happened in my case though. I was in the middle of my Diamond Elite Tier Challenge when I booked the rooms. I was scared that they would sell out of the Exec Suites before I completed my challenge (a few weeks away) so I booked those too in an effort to release later and rebook with DSU.

The VERY day that my DSUs hit my account, sure enough the hotel sold out. I called the HGP and explained that I wanted to release my suite to use a DSU. Agent explained that they don't necessarily go back into the inventory pool that fast and she could only see one suite available. (I had booked 2 rooms to be upgraded to DSU.) She called the hotel on my behalf and worked out to block off a room.

When I checked in, I was told that my rooms were on different floors. I asked if they could be near each other. The clerk went to the back to talk to the manager and came back to say they had booked the other room across the hall from mine. And boom 2 VIP Suites w/o me asking. First was booked in advance and the other at check in. I had no idea of either until I walked into the rooms. The only downfall (very very minor) was that we weren't on the side that overlooked Disney.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
I actually didn't. (But I would highly suggest now that you do). Here's what happened in my case though. I was in the middle of my Diamond Elite Tier Challenge when I booked the rooms. I was scared that they would sell out of the Exec Suites before I completed my challenge (a few weeks away) so I booked those too in an effort to release later and rebook with DSU.

The VERY day that my DSUs hit my account, sure enough the hotel sold out. I called the HGP and explained that I wanted to release my suite to use a DSU. Agent explained that they don't necessarily go back into the inventory pool that fast and she could only see one suite available. (I had booked 2 rooms to be upgraded to DSU.) She called the hotel on my behalf and worked out to block off a room.

When I checked in, I was told that my rooms were on different floors. I asked if they could be near each other. The clerk went to the back to talk to the manager and came back to say they had booked the other room across the hall from mine. And boom 2 VIP Suites w/o me asking. First was booked in advance and the other at check in. I had no idea of either until I walked into the rooms. The only downfall (very very minor) was that we weren't on the side that overlooked Disney.
Sweet story. Though it will be hard to duplicate. Glad to hear that you liked the hotel though!
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Sweet story. Though it will be hard to duplicate. Glad to hear that you liked the hotel though!
LOL yea a complicated way to get to the "suite" ending. Highly YMMV but I say though just ask. (Some may argue against this.) However, you never know if you don't try. If they say no, you don't lose anything. I did that at the Grand Hyatt Atlanta. I pretty much knew that they were out of the upper level suites but I wanted to ask. The desk clerk on the phone genuinely looked for an upgrade but couldn't find it. I suspect that he would have given to me if so. But yes I loved the hotel and plan to return soon! As did my entire family from 6 to 70.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Doesn't seem to be hard to get VIP suite. Used DSU and confirmed Executive Suite. At check-in was given VIP suite.

Lounge is not 24 hours. Resort fee for Diamond is $20 vs $25.

WiFi speed

Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
I used a DSU here a month ago, and ended up with a Exec suite. It was two large corner rooms connecting. Great view of the pool and nightly fireworks from different places. I enjoyed the outdoor part lounge. I didn't notice the resort charge on my bill but I an sure it was there. They did comp the parking since Diamond.

On a side note, its a great property. But they had a couple conventions while I was there but I would definitely go back.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ceres
They did comp the parking since Diamond.
Interesting. Has anyone else had parking comped as Diamond?

Also, I saw reference to a VIP rep here...does anyone have their contact information? I have a two-room stay in mid-Aug I'm trying to prepare for. TIA!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:57 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by DaveH

Also, I saw reference to a VIP rep here...does anyone have their contact information? I have a two-room stay in mid-Aug I'm trying to prepare for. TIA!
I was not charged parking earlier this year despite Front Desk saying otherwise at check in.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist

She will reach out to you via email about a week before your arrival.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thank you seawolf and Maui4me1.

The VIP rep, is out for a week. Her cheerful associate did reply within a couple of hours. She said no comped parking, as it is billed by a third party. She also informed me that uber was the cheapest way to get from MCO to the property, even though uber is banned from airport pickups.

Checking in next Wednesday Aug 10, and will report back how things go.

Any suggestions on best way to cheaply and efficiently get a party of three from MCO to the Hyatt?

Last edited by DaveH; Aug 5, 2016 at 2:37 pm
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:41 pm

The VIP rep, is out for a week. Her cheerful associate did reply within a couple of hours. She said no comped parking, as it is billed by a third party. She also informed me that uber was the cheapest way to get from MCO to the property, even though uber is banned from airport pickups.

Any suggestions on best way to cheaply and efficiently get a party of three from MCO to the Hyatt?
I was there a couple of weeks ago. Cab fare from MCO to hotel was $70ish, Uber from hotel back to airport was $20ish.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:47 pm
Original Member

Are we talking about a different hotel? Overnight parking is not billed thru third party as it is charged to room and only the front desk can do so.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:47 pm

We're talking the same hotel. I didn't think it made much sense either.

It's possible that Hyatt handles the billing for the third party, and remits payment to them. But I doubt it.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress - Disappointed in the beds & food

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

One Grand Cypress Blvd Orlando, FL US 32836

Disappointed in the beds & food (0 Photo)

Overall

Just finished a week at this property for a conference & I was disappointed in both the beds & food, but having a minifridge & ceiling fan in the room was great.  Room overlooked the main entrance to the hotel, but no noise issues & none from the hall, either, until the last night when a rather rowdy group checked in.  Pool is amazing & 'pool' doesn't do it justice!  Lunch at Hemingways was fine, but the Lakehouse was a disappointment.  When not so danged hot & humid, plenty of other options w/in an easy walk.  Hotel is not far from Downtown Disney (now known as Disney Springs, for some reason) & Spaceship Earth @ Epcot can be seen from the upper levels.  Can also see what turned out to be some of Universal from the upper floors.

Disappointed in the beds & food

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 8, 2016, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
What was the issue with the beds?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.