Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 21, 2009, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I was told the new club is going to be much larger than the old club and that it was being moved to one of the suites with the really large balconies on the 14th floor. Perhaps it has a connector that can be opened when RC occupancy is high and made smaller when it's not.

But, I'm not surprised at your review. I said a long time ago the GM of this property needs to go. He's ruined the hotel.
The RC that is open now is on the 12th floor. I don't know if it is temporary.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
No that's probably correct. I got my floors confused
Old Dec 23, 2009, 11:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
I completely agree with Mary and others on this thread. This hotel, while previously one of my favorites, has really become a property I am reluctant to even return to. The management, while claiming to be supportive of repeat and VIP guests, really does nothing at all to accomodate us. In fact, at every turn they quote a rule or policy to tell you NO. This is despite the fact the hotel clearly needs the revenue, even with the renovation that by all accounts is a disappointment.

The hotel needs to take a few plays from the playbooks of other hotels that do not talk the talk but walk the walk and really make their VIP guests feel like a VIP guest.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
We've switched our MCO hotel patronage from this Hyatt to the JW Marriott and never looked back. Of course, we don't have any real loyalty to either Hyatt or Marriott, but it's sad to see the decline in this hotel over the past several years.

Mike
Old Dec 25, 2009, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
Live from the GC--A Huge Disappointment

I was anxiously awaitng a return to the GC after the renovation and the Regency Club opening. I am as disappointed and shocked as I was excited. The property is in huge trouble and should be avoided until things hopefully improve. First, they have destroyed any notion of the previously amazing Regency Club. Instead they now have the club on the 12th floor with literally hardly any food and drinks and the club is dirty with glasses, dishes throughout and NO STAFF whatsoever. The tables are dirty constantly, no hot water, the ice machine is empty and the people you call are almost rude.

The new rooms are dark, very un-userfriendly and the management is the pits. I was booked and guaranteed certain room configerations and it was completely ignored. I do not know what Hyatt Corporate is thinking with the leadership in this hotel, but they are clearly driving this train into disaster. They need change and fast. They are extremely unaccomdating, rude, and have no idea how to run a hotel.

While the rooms have been renovated, the elevators are old, common areas are in disrepair and the staffing is poor.

I would strongly urge Hyatt to make major changes to the senior leadership in the hotel as it is being run HORRIBLY.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA LTP 3.3 MM, VS G, BA, Hyatt D, Hilton D
Amazing Service and a Great Stay

After reading the last few posts I was hesitant to book.
We had 4 rooms and stayed 3 nights (Dec 27th to Dec 30th 2009)
Breakfast was decent (in the Cascade restaurant)
Staff were amazing (in the Cascade restaurant) - they really took care of my 3 year old daughter + her 4 year old cousin.

Regency Club was very small and busy, but functional.
RC didn't have bottled water or canned drinks, but did have alcohol at certain times of the day.
I didn't eat breakfast at the Regency Club.

I read a few complaints about the Decor , but i thought it was really nice and fresh and very clean.
Rooms were also clean and taken care of.

I used a suite upgrade cert and got the parlour room bolted on to our room.
the parlour room has a fold out sofa bed , so our daughter slept there.

Apparently the hotel was fully booked so no complimentary upgrade ( apart from pool view )

The food at Hemingway's restaurant was very nice and great service too. - well worth a visit

Front desk manger was awesome.
Check in was very smooth

there is a resort fee of about $20 per room per day (this is just an annoyance that its not included in the room rate) Lots of people were complaining while I was checking out.

Valet was about $20 per day as well.

Overall a very pleasant stay, well worth a visit.

Staff - 9.5/10
Value - 7 /10
Old Jan 5, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Originally Posted by LamboRich

there is a resort fee of about $20 per room per day (this is just an annoyance that its not included in the room rate) Lots of people were complaining while I was checking out.

Valet was about $20 per day as well.
We will be visiting this hotel soon. Are they waiving resort fee for Diamond members? Also did you use Free Nights for your stay and so resort fee was charged?

Are there cheaper alternative parking available?

thanks in advance for your response.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2 MM, DL PLT
Originally Posted by ORDLEO
We will be visiting this hotel soon. Are they waiving resort fee for Diamond members? Also did you use Free Nights for your stay and so resort fee was charged?

Are there cheaper alternative parking available?

thanks in advance for your response.
Self park was free as of our stay in September and not a long walk at all.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 5:42 am

Programs: AA LTP 3.3 MM, VS G, BA, Hyatt D, Hilton D
Orignal Questions :
Q. Are they waiving resort fee for Diamond members?
A. Not for diamonds, i did ask

Q. Also did you use Free Nights for your stay and so resort fee was charged?
A. For 2 out of the 12 nights we stayed i did use FFN and no resort fee was charged for those rooms for the FFN nights.

Q. Are there cheaper alternative parking available?
A. Yes Self park which is free, with about a 4 - 8 min walk.

Also as a side note we used the DEL5K promotion, the hotel already knew about it and were happy to fulfill it.
($150 Restaurant Food credit +5000 points one off - only valid on a paid stay and not for room service).
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I used a suite upgrade cert and got the parlour room bolted on to our room.
the parlour room has a fold out sofa bed , so our daughter slept there.

Apparently the hotel was fully booked so no complimentary upgrade ( apart from pool view )
Glad you enjoyed your stay. The decor is definitely very subjective

However, if you hadn't been to the hotel before the remodel you wouldn't understand why the rest of us are complaining. Also, the rooms are in good condition because the remodel was just finished in Nov/Dec

As well, you DID get an upgrade. Pool view is one of their best views.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Orignal Questions :
Q. Are they waiving resort fee for Diamond members?
A. Not for diamonds, i did ask

A. For 2 out of the 12 nights we stayed i did use FFN and no resort fee was charged for those rooms for the FFN nights.

Also as a side note we used the DEL5K promotion, the hotel already knew about it and were happy to fulfill it.
($150 Restaurant Food credit +5000 points one off - only valid on a paid stay and not for room service).
Thanks you very much for providing additional information. I was thinking if I should book a DEL5K night in addition to FFN. I also have a $150 food certificate I wonder if they will allow for FFN food credit.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 7:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
Angry New RC a disgrace

Originally Posted by bas5838
I was anxiously awaitng a return to the GC after the renovation and the Regency Club opening. I am as disappointed and shocked as I was excited. The property is in huge trouble and should be avoided until things hopefully improve. First, they have destroyed any notion of the previously amazing Regency Club. Instead they now have the club on the 12th floor with literally hardly any food and drinks and the club is dirty with glasses, dishes throughout and NO STAFF whatsoever. The tables are dirty constantly, no hot water, the ice machine is empty and the people you call are almost rude.

The new rooms are dark, very un-userfriendly and the management is the pits. I was booked and guaranteed certain room configerations and it was completely ignored. I do not know what Hyatt Corporate is thinking with the leadership in this hotel, but they are clearly driving this train into disaster. They need change and fast. They are extremely unaccomdating, rude, and have no idea how to run a hotel.

While the rooms have been renovated, the elevators are old, common areas are in disrepair and the staffing is poor.

I would strongly urge Hyatt to make major changes to the senior leadership in the hotel as it is being run HORRIBLY.
We were at the Grand Cypress as well over the holidays. The comments about the RC are accurate. The club was jam packed always. The food in the evening was the same every day and often there was no food at all because as soon as it was put down it was gone. They have done away with the attendants and were/are planning on having one conceirge do the entire job which is ridiculous. We heard one of the long term people Nancy Clapper quit. The conceirge was being helped out by pool staff, bellman, banquet staff and managers. It seems that the logical thing would be to bring back the attendants who knew the job instead of having whomever wanted extra hours fill in. If this were our first experience at this hotel it would be our last as it was a disgrace. What at one time was in our opinion one of the top clubs in the US now is at the bottom of the list. At night your choices are vegetables with dip and another cold item. All of the nice offerings are gone. One would hope the management will listen to the staff in the club and the long time guests before it is too late. Whomever has taken over the management in the club has no idea what they are doing.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 9:43 am

What the above poster described is all accurate. The club is nothing less than a complete waste of time and effort by the management there. They ruined what was definitely one of the best features of the hotel and it appears they have no intention of fixing the problem.

Hyatt's corporate officials need to do a take over of that hotel and as Mary has so accurately indicated rid the hotel of Paul Tang and company....they are destroying the hotel day in and day out.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 6:08 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Orignal Questions :

just spent two FFN's and agree with all LamboRich has stated above.

Pulled up and asked about parking options, Valet $20, self is free. I found THE last spot on Saturday night, farthest away from the resort, holy crap it was a busy night, I parked and there were still 6+ cars circling and waiting for someone to leave. Not a good situation, anyone else experienced this hectic lot here? The street was full also, quite insane.

Client paid for dinner @ Hemingway's. Food was good, pricy but he had the $150 F&B credit.^ We really enjoyed the corn meal crusted oysters over the blue cheese bacon sauce.

I never got to see the pool area during daylight, is there a lazy river at this property?

--
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
Thumbs down Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress "Grand Bow WOW"

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress "Grand Bow WOW" When you take a vacation, bring the whole family including your best friend! Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress rooms offer elegant Grand beds for your comfort and specially designed beds for your special friend. Little treats will await Fido or Fifi upon their arrival. Restrictions apply, please call 407-2...39-1234 and ask for In House Reservations.See More

Just saw this on facebook on the Grand Cypress page. I certainly would not want to go and have Fido or Fifi barking in the next room or share an elevator or be the next guest in the room after they checked out. Thought they just had a major renovation and are billing themselves as a luxury resort and now they are allowing dogs to share the property with the guests? Bad move in my opinion. Hotel is going downhill fast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.