Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Stayed here recently as an Explorist.... some quick thoughts.

Was upgraded to a room on the top floor. Hotel heating system didn’t seem to be able to keep up with the cold temperatures outside. Took a while for the room to warm up.

Room was pretty standard Hyatt fare.

No club to use a club pass on the reservation.

Good self parking option located right across the street from the hotel driveway.

Pool area didn’t have a hot tub. Health and fitness centre was alright.

A solid meh out of 10!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 8/17 - 8/18

Location: Excellent for Downtown Cincinnati. It's located on the corner of 5th and Elm Street across from the Millennium and one block from the Hilton. Both downtown sports stadiums are about a half mile walk away and you can walk to Nederlander Plaza and a bunch of restaurants and bars. There is little in the way of street parking nearby but there are parking garages.

Hotel: Pretty standard for an urban HR though its thankfully not the central atrium/rooftop revolving restaurant vintage. Currently there are renovations underway but the lobby is still pleasant enough. There's an attached Sacks 5th Avenue which is a bit odd for a hotel and a large restaurant and bar which does breakfast and dinner. The 5th floor has an indoor pool as well. The people working valet also did a good job getting my car out quickly.

Check In: The agent was very friendly and helpful to me and thanked me for being Discoverist. I had booked an accessible one because it was cheaper and she moved me to a standard two queens without my asking which was nice.

Room: Very nice with two large beds with outlets next to them, desk, large TV and a small but usable bathroom. Noise wasn't an issue and the Wifi worked well.

Dining: The lone disappointment. My brother and I returned to the hotel at 9:55 PM and went to the bar. We ordered two drinks and two desserts. The waitstaff were awful and the bar staff clearly overwhelmed. It took a half hour to get two cocktails and one of them was wrong. They were also out of the ice cream I ordered and when they brought me my second choice, it was melted. This culminated in the waitress bringing the bill without an option to put it on the room, disappearing, 5 minutes later bringing the room charge slip with no pen and again disappearing.

On the plus side, breakfast was really good. The buffet was way above average for a HR. Omelet bar, cooked to order pancakes and French Toast (you have to ask the waitstaff for that), scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, good breads, cereal and fruit. I was really glad I bought a breakfast rate.

Overall I liked the hotel even with the bad service at the bar, I'd be back.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:49 am

CMK10's review is a good one, and accurate, based on my experience. So I'll just briefly confirm. I was at the property for nine days. Nine good days. I was assigned a basic room, but at the end of a hallway (as requested) with a beautiful view of the river. Everything in the room worked and the space was clean.

The Globalist breakfast benefit was nice; the restaurant is open from 6:30AM until 11:30AM for breakfast. Oddly, some days I turned in my voucher and (after adding a cash gratuity) I was "done". Some days I received a bill. In the end, the only thing I was charged for was gratuities that I signed for on the bill. Restaurant staff takes orders for pancakes, waffles, egg dishes (sorry to be vague; not things I eat); these are cooked up by nice guys (all guys during my stay) in the open kitchen.

The hotel was ideally situated for my needs, and was connected to the downtown "skywalk"; the skywalk is pretty limited, compared to some cities, but it was fine. Buses run nearby, including the one to the airport.

The fitness center (24 hours) met all my needs and the equipment was all functional.

Staff, from check-in to check-out was pleasant and professional.

Go back? Heck yeah.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
After a lackluster stay a while back, I had stayed away from here, but I found myself back in Cincinnati last week, and the Westin was full, so I booked here again. The "studio suite" was only $35 more than a base room, so I booked two of those (one for myself and one for a colleague). I arrived around 11 a.m. and was pleasantly surprised to be able to check into one of the rooms; the other was ready around 1 p.m. (before colleague got into town, so all good).

Bed is great, suite has plenty of space & allows hospitality, and the service was generally better than in the past. Valet was quick and friendly.

Breakfast was more than adequate -- eggs cooked to order came out quickly, and there are the "German" sort of cold cuts, vegetables, and cheeses, plus smoked salmon, along with all the usual suspects (fruit, yogurt, pastries, cereal, and hot buffet items).

Also for the first time I figured out how to get from the Hyatt to the Westin via the semi-defunct "skywalk" system -- a nice touch when it's raining outside.

All in all, a good stay and will likely return.
365RoadWarrior and CMK10 like this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 8:36 pm

Mostly good seven-day COVID-era stay. Hotel mostly open and operating, though restaurant is closed EXCEPT FOR Thursday - Saturday evenings. Globalist breakfast in the form of a $20/day voucher for Market. Fruit cups $3; yogurt $4; wraps $10-12; flat bread $9...just to give an idea of pricing. Fitness center open. Business center open. Servicing of rooms only on request.

I wish there had been some enforcement of hotel and State COVID rules. Two dozen people in the lobby, hanging out, mask-less and not staying distanced from me. I made comments to the hotel through several channels (email, survey, front desk) about this. Maybe it will improve.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 8:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
So far everyone seems to be adhering to COVID rules, though I did have a group try to cram into the elevator I'd just entered. Nope. Get out. I'm not sure what flavor of suite this is but got upgraded from a cheap king room. Glob voucher for breakfast at the store downstairs and comped parking across the street (though I think this Glob benefit goes away in January). Plenty of delivery and take-out options nearby. Might try the restaurant when it opens tomorrow night as I hate eating in my room. There's a microwave and a full-size fridge but zero utensils/plates/glasses.

The comped parking is a huge deal for me; usually I can't stay in downtown hotels because the parking fees are usurious and often put my nightly over the limit (and I'm really trying to keep costs down overall for now) unless there's a nearby garage with decent overnight rates.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:40 pm

Any recent stays? Will be in town end of October. Will probably use points for a standard room. Interested to know about current breakfast as well as the parking setup. As Globalist, I would get free parking on a points stay, but it might be that the parking is off-site and thus perhaps not free.

ETA: Tripadvisor reviews indicate valet parking, so perhaps parking will be free for Globalist award stays.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by xooz
Any recent stays? Will be in town end of October. Will probably use points for a standard room. Interested to know about current breakfast as well as the parking setup. As Globalist, I would get free parking on a points stay, but it might be that the parking is off-site and thus perhaps not free.

ETA: Tripadvisor reviews indicate valet parking, so perhaps parking will be free for Globalist award stays.
DId you end up staying? How was it?

Planning to stay here Saturday, was looking to leave Monday however confirmed that valet stops sunday nights, so will just be here for one night. If anyone has anything recent to share, please do! Especially a place to head out for dinner around the area (big fan of fish and chips if anyone has a certain irish pub/ brewpub).
Old May 23, 2022, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme

Planning to stay here Saturday, was looking to leave Monday however confirmed that valet stops sunday nights, so will just be here for one night. If anyone has anything recent to share, please do! Especially a place to head out for dinner around the area (big fan of fish and chips if anyone has a certain irish pub/ brewpub).
We did stay 2 nights for a friend's wedding. I liked the hotel itself. The art exhibits were interesting. Our room was pretty standard fare as I recall, but we have no Accor status. Since it was a wedding, we had planned activities, though I do recall we walked around the corner to Nicholson's for a drink or 2, which I would recommend. Didn't eat there, so unsure of the food bit it is right there so easy to check out the menu.

We would definitely stay there if returning, though I do tend to hit Marriott or Hyatt to glean the points.
Old May 24, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by xooz
We did stay 2 nights for a friend's wedding. I liked the hotel itself. The art exhibits were interesting. Our room was pretty standard fare as I recall, but we have no Accor status. Since it was a wedding, we had planned activities, though I do recall we walked around the corner to Nicholson's for a drink or 2, which I would recommend. Didn't eat there, so unsure of the food bit it is right there so easy to check out the menu.

We would definitely stay there if returning, though I do tend to hit Marriott or Hyatt to glean the points.
Is this about the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati? What does Accor status have to do with things - the hotel doesn't seem to have been reflagged? Not trying to be snarky - just confused.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:15 am

I was saying that as an Accor nobody, I got no upgrade. If I return to Cincinnati, I may stay at Hyatt or Marriott where I have status, though the 21 is nice.

ETA: Hahaha... Now I see, I thought I was responding to a post in the Accor thread about the 21C hotel that I DID stay at! Sorry... I did not stay at the Hyatt, bit rather the 21C hotel previously. I need to pay more attention!!

Last edited by xooz; May 24, 2022 at 2:17 pm
Old May 24, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold

I would second Nicholson's if you want fish and chips.

But for a younger dive bar crowd my preference is O'Malleys in the Alley, fun times!
BThumme likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I enjoyed my stay at the Regency on Saturday night.

Couple things to mention:

Despite Valet being advertised as available on the weekends until Sunday night, I arrived around 9pm to a "Valet Closed" sign. I was a bit frustrated because I didn't want to have to pay for parking since I was on an award stay, and would have had no problem staying at one of the surronding Hyatt Places. Also there was a valet person in front, I think maybe they were just full? Vehicles appeared to be valet'ed at the checkin/dropoff area, not somewhere else.

At checkin, was told to park directly across the garage and it would be covered (and it was). The parking garage is literally across the street, it's not more than 2 minute walk to your car. And bonus, the parking garage had several EV chargers, so it worked out even better than normal vale for me.

-Was upgraded to the presidential suite on the 22nd floor, which was really nice. It reminded me very much of the suites I stayed at at the Columbus Regency downtown - two large rooms, with a large TV and bose sound system and kitchen area off to the side. There was also a telescope that didn't work too well, with a good view of the football stadium

-Breakfast buffet was included due to status - it's normally $16/person. Standard breakfast buffet these days - eggs, bacon, black pepper chicken sausage, diced potatoes, fruit, and small assortment of pastries. Breakfast was perfectly average, I wouldn't pay $16 of my own money though

-I liked the location, right off I-75 downtown and easy to get back on the freeway.

-Nothing really else to say, I received all benefits expected as a globalist. It was 6k points the night before and after my stay unfortunately, but at 8k it's not a bad redemption. Unless I had actual business downtown, I'd probably save the extra points and just stay at one of the HP's in the northern portion of Cincy (I like the Sharonville Convention Center one, which is also very close to a pappadeux). Cash rates were sub $100 before tax this holiday weekend at those HP's. Cash rate saturday night at the Regency was a crazy $315, it appeared to be pretty busy. Perhaps due to the Reds/Giants game?
59Impala likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
(I like the Sharonville Convention Center one, which is also very close to a pappadeux). Cash rates were sub $100 before tax this holiday weekend at those HP's. Cash rate saturday night at the Regency was a crazy $315, it appeared to be pretty busy. Perhaps due to the Reds/Giants game?
I'm at that HP now. Decent location but the Pappadeaux is a couple miles away. $106 for a king suite.

There's a brewpub kind of close, and the Delta hotel across the way probably has a restaurant, and bar/food offerings here are VERY limited compared to the HP I was at two weeks ago in Verona WI. Doesn't seem to be a standard for HP food options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.