Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2012, 8:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I've "stayed" at the property on a Mattress Run again recently, they've started renovations in the lobby but not the rooms yet.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
http://www.travelpulse.com/hyatt-reg...enovation.html

Yay!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Any news on the progress of the rennovations? Thinking of staying here early March.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:02 am

I'm looking at staying next weekend. Any updates?
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
This property needs to be avoided at least currently. Checked in last night at 2am for a 3 night stay for Reds opening day. The check in area is a makeshift desk, as 80% of the first floor is walled off for renovation and there are exposed wires, etc. I believe there is only 1 elevator currently operational, as I have ridden the lift 6 times and it has always been in the same elevator car... as a result, you can sometimes wait for literally 10-12 minutes for the elevator to come. I am on the 18th floor and the room has been renovated and looks nice- new LG HDTV which is nice, as I know a lot of previous posters complained about the the television. Breakfast is being served on the 4th floor in a small room. Spread is similar to what you would find in a regency club- so no real restaurant dining which is a bummer. I inquired about 2500 bonus points for the regency club being closed and they said there has never been a regency club which I found interesting since it is a Hyatt Regency, so no bonus points. I will contact Hyatt and complain about the stay because the rates are still quite high for Cincinnati and the hotel is just not adequately prepared to make a guest's stay enjoyable. For what it is worth, and it is worth a lot in my opinion, all of the staff here have been very, very nice.
EDIT: Just contacted the front desk and explained my concerns- they had taken one elevator out of service for upgrade and they had a malfunction on another elevator early in the morning on a second elevator and they are waiting for maintenance to fix it. They have two working elevators right now. They apologized profusely for the long wait times for the elevator and are fully understanding of the inconvenience it is causing guests. She proactively offered to comp this night's stay which was far more than I had anticipated but it was greatly appreciated. As I said earlier, the staff here has been very, very nice.

Last edited by taipeiflyer; Mar 30, 2013 at 9:36 am
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:14 am

The RC permanently closed 4-5 years ago - so no closed club bonus unfortunately.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:48 am

So this is about $40 cheaper than the Westin. Which do you recommend? It irks me that I can't get extra stay credit for booking more than one room. I may go with the Westin even though I'm only SPG Gold and Hyatt Diamond.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:29 pm

Quick update. The lobby renovation is about complete as is the new restaurant. Not sure about the rooms since I only went there for dinner in the last 2 weeks. The lobby is in the new contemporary mid-century design which is quite stark.

The restaurant's concept is the trendy farm to table concept and the food is very good. At least a much better concept than the sports bar that was there. They've also combined the restaurants, the breakfast is now served in the main restaurant and the former breakfast restaurant is now a conference room.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:30 am

Currently staying here for the weekend. All rooms have finished renovation, as the front desk stated yesterday. Although they are renovations, the tub/shower can still use some work. The bathroom lighting is a little outdated and there is no fan in the bathroom (probably just being an older property). The lack of a Regency Club irks me, but I keep forgetting that it is only a category two and perhaps the RC never worked out great for them.

The employees are awesome. My key card did not work the first four (!!) times, but they were finally able to work it out. They need to upgrade to the "wand" system where you just wave the card in front of the door.

Location is GREAT! One block from the square, close to shopping, across the street from the convention center, near Vine Street (hosts most restaurants and bars), and within walking distance to both parks.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:45 pm

did you get 1,000 points for there being no RC? and is it per stay or per night?
Originally Posted by jennbar
Currently staying here for the weekend. All rooms have finished renovation, as the front desk stated yesterday. Although they are renovations, the tub/shower can still use some work. The bathroom lighting is a little outdated and there is no fan in the bathroom (probably just being an older property). The lack of a Regency Club irks me, but I keep forgetting that it is only a category two and perhaps the RC never worked out great for them.

The employees are awesome. My key card did not work the first four (!!) times, but they were finally able to work it out. They need to upgrade to the "wand" system where you just wave the card in front of the door.

Location is GREAT! One block from the square, close to shopping, across the street from the convention center, near Vine Street (hosts most restaurants and bars), and within walking distance to both parks.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by iruvmattree
did you get 1,000 points for there being no RC? and is it per stay or per night?
You are not entitled to DN (2,500 points) because the RC was permanently closed a few years ago - hence equivalent to no club. The DN is only if the club is temporarily closed (weekend, weekday, seasonal, etc) or if the club access is denied because of too crowded.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
You are not entitled to DN (2,500 points) because the RC was permanently closed a few years ago - hence equivalent to no club. The DN is only if the club is temporarily closed (weekend, weekday, seasonal, etc) or if the club access is denied because of too crowded.
I asked for it and received it during the renovations. I would still ask.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by keirnna
I asked for it and received it during the renovations. I would still ask.
No luck for me last week. Just for fun, I asked if they offered any alternative amenities; breakfast was the answer to my inquiry.

I have to say the renovation makes this property much more palatable. If only they could do something about the very awkward entry to the hotel.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Peatisback
No luck for me last week. Just for fun, I asked if they offered any alternative amenities; breakfast was the answer to my inquiry.

I have to say the renovation makes this property much more palatable. If only they could do something about the very awkward entry to the hotel.
I'm talking about emailing Gold Passport about it.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by keirnna
I'm talking about emailing Gold Passport about it.
I'll give it a shot- but I was told 'no' by both the property and GP Concierge's Twitter account....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.