Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 18, 2006, 4:27 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
Quick update - I"m there on a mattress run tonight - and the Grand Beds have been installed at least on the RC floor (21).
was just at this property on a $49 Priceline stay (sunday night).

was put on 3rd floor IIRC and bed was delicious, AC unit was an in wall model and produced large amouts of cool air, the room cooled very quickly ^

I found a spot on the street to park so I didn't have to pay for the parking which I thought I overheard was $20

--
Old Sep 7, 2007, 8:12 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
I was here last night (9/6/07). I will try to be as specific as possible. Bear in mind, I dont stay too often at HR's (Marriott guy here), but since had a match to diamond and will bring a good portion of my stays over to Hyatt.

Valet parking-Quick, and HELPFUL! Almost insisted on helping with my bags, which I didnt need. I think the posted rate was $18/nt. (Had a package, so it was included!)

Checkin-QUICK AND EFFICIENT! The front desk was great. I had a package waiting for me, and this took a few minutes. (NOT the front desk fault). The desk/lobby area were clean, and well air conditioned.

Room-Had a room on the RC level (21st floor). GREAT city views (I love city views though!). Room was clean, "smelled fresh" and well worth the $$$. Bathroom was tiny, but no issues other then size. Desk chair was....sub-par.

RC-Had appetizers in there. ONLY person in the club (except for the attendant). Nice spread was served. TONS of soft drinks out! Nice selection of water-Perier and aquafina. GREAT tasting chicken wings!

Gym-GREAT equipment. NEW (looking) treadmills. Had tv's in them, making the hour+ workout go by fast. Only problem was it was HOT! It seemed as if they closed off a once exterior area and put the treadmills in there! It was 93 or so outside, and felt 110 in the room!!! New equipment, with plenty of it from weights to treadmills to bikes.

Roomservice-^^^ I am an absolute die-hard steak CONNOISSEUR! I ordered the NY Sirloin and onion soup. (I know, shouldve spent 2 hours in the gym). Let me tell you, this steak would blow most restaurants away! It was WELL PREPARED (med-rare), TASTED GREAT ^, had a good sauce, and was a decent size....all for $20 or so! Presentation was great. I didnt even eat the soup as the steak was so good. Came with mashed potato's (again, GREAT) and beans that were cooked perfect! The $40 dinner would be hard to beat as a $90 plate at Mortons!

Overall-I have to say that I stay here again. Not the most convienent to the airport, but WELL WORTH every penny. This stay was way above the night before, where I plunked down 30% more for a FAR INFERIOR product at the Marriott, northwest!
Old Sep 7, 2007, 8:42 am
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I was there last Monday -- checking in was a zoo as the hotel was just checking out a full house (from the fireworks the night before), but the staff was working hard and did a good job. No problems with room, but the RC, which is tiny, was mobbed with families. Had a waitress in the AM that didn't know what Eggs Benedict was! (It was on the menu) Other than that a decent stay. BTW the valet parking is $20
Old Oct 13, 2007, 2:18 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - small but significant update - I just got a letter ("as one of their top customers" - lol) that the RC will be closing indefinitely on Mon 10/15 due to lack of demand.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 5:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Delta Gold
Ok - small but significant update - I just got a letter ("as one of their top customers" - lol) that the RC will be closing indefinitely on Mon 10/15 due to lack of demand.
Wow, the RC is busy nearly everytime we stay there. This stunt will make MR's there even less enjoyable.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 5:07 pm

Grrrrrrr - what is the date today? (I think 10/14) - the RC is closed despite what the letter that I received yeseterday said - also all signs for opening times etc are down. What's more annoying is that RC rooms are still being sold out till next October. Also, kiosk check-in still indicated Lounge access etc.
Old May 20, 2008, 4:51 pm

PNC Bank (the lender) apparently has filed foreclosure on this property - http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...=2008305190035 - supposedly it won't interfere with operations.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 9:20 am

Hyatt Regency Cincinnati "sold" to lender in foreclosure - http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...in+foreclosure - should be no effects on operations.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 7:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond
any updates to this post? I was wondering if anyone has experience with the VIP suites. will be staying in a bedroom and was wondering what its like? site has no pictures, but says 1000 sqft and two bathrooms. Any advice?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG gold,Marriott silver, AA, UA, Delta
Been there 3 of the last 7 nights on mattress run. Whole place needs sprucing up. No RC! Solid brkfst buffet for diamonds. G2 bonus. They consider a river view a diamond upgrade - was denied a suite.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Peteropny, do you have any new information on Hyatt Regency Cincinnati? Do you know where can I park cheaply? The hotel charges 15 USD for parking.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
Peteropny, do you have any new information on Hyatt Regency Cincinnati? Do you know where can I park cheaply? The hotel charges 15 USD for parking.
Nothing really new - RC still "permanently" closed - if you are there on a weekend of strictly overnight (in after 5PM and out before 8AM) the city operated garage under the Westin (about 2 blocks away) charges $2 for the entire period (I believe). Other choice is a city operated lot across from the Hyatt but you're only saving $2 over night.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Thanks. Do you know if one can receive the compensation points for the lounge being closed?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
Thanks. Do you know if one can receive the compensation points for the lounge being closed?
I wouldn't even try - its been closed for over 1 year.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond
Just returned from an over night stay thought I would share somes thoughts on this property
First of all FD staff was excellent greeted warmly as we first walked up checked in and Diamond status was recognized.As someone stated before they do consider a river view an upgrade and that's what we were given as well on the 19th floor.
After room assignment they showed us the aminity card have several nice choices I wasn't really feeling this at the time since we had dinner reservations a couple hours after check in and I would had rather had the points but the GF seen some of the choices and wanted something so you can guess what happened.After selecting items I told FD what we would like and how I would had rather had the points and he said ill give you the points too very cool and appreciated.
Having recived room keys we preceded to our room elevators are pretty quick and we arrived at 19th floor after getting off elevator met very nice cleaning person who greeted us very nicely and asked us several times if we needed and who she was kinda different but nice.

Entered room was about average king room but did have nice views of river so I guess that is the upgrade but as others have said tv is a joke I have better in the garage but it was a tv I guess bed was typical hyatt comfort little firm for GF but perfect for me.
After dinner came back and went to sports bar at hotel for drinks and watch football game nice place with good tvs and pool tables pretty nice
After game went back to room and recived welcome aminity at 11:07 pm and had it set to arrive at 11pm so not bad we got they chef made oreo cookies and sodas but when they brought it also had two large glasses milk and four sodas for the two of us along with a card from executive chef welcoming us to the hotel nice
After aminity went to bed pretty quite didn't hear alot of noises so it was good
valet was fast and efficient and was 23 dollars
Overall not a bad property and will stay again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.