Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Buffalo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Buffalo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Passing through with some pictures for an update.

1st night was a King room with previous occcupant's beard hairs in the sink. No upgrade given at check-in and didn't really enquire. Points were credited back for this night. No card from GM or any sort of welcome amenity.

Second night had some sort of suite that was really two rooms combined. It would be great for a family of 3 or 4 since the living room has a giant foldaway bed and its own bathroom. Both rooms have giant 75 inch tvs. Very nice to watch March Madness on!

Very lightly renovated bathrooms with shower tub combos. Very good water pressure but still an old feeling to these bathrooms.

Last edited by Aventine; Apr 9, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Old May 26, 2020, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Per local news, the Hyatt Regency Buffalo is permanently closing:

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...close-downtown
Old May 26, 2020, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Per local news, the Hyatt Regency Buffalo is permanently closing:

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...close-downtown
Article seems to indicate Hyatt Corporate is severing ties with the property. So it could reflag if there’s underlying business - am I reading correctly?
Old May 26, 2020, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
That sucks. It's a rather good redemption property when rates are high during peak times.

The hotel could use a solid reno to make it a competitive property. I wonder what the impact of the nearby Choice Hotel The Curtiss had on occupancy preCovid.
Old May 26, 2020, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's suffered through a lot of cost cutting over the years and I guess something had to give.
Old May 27, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I hope Hyatt Regency Rochester will not be next! This was a nice hotel, and always great to have HR service.... sad to see it go, hopefully the property gets reflagged, or becomes a Sheraton, or something.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:52 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
The Hyatt name will remain...for now

https://news.wbfo.org/post/hyatt-nam...-remainfor-now

The Hyatt Regency Buffalo will remain a part of the Hyatt hotel chain, at least for now.

The Snyder Corporation, the parent company of Genesee Hotel Properties, which owns the facility, filed suit Thursday against the Chicago-based hotel chain. The lawsuit comes after the chain announced last week it was ending its management agreement.

A State Supreme Court restraining order issued on Friday blocks Hyatt from "ceasing performance" under the agreement in effect when the hotel opened in 1984. That means the 396-room hotel can continue operating under the Hyatt name in the meanwhile.

The Hyatt departure was due to take effect Monday, the same day the hotel was scheduled to reopen after a two-month long closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

A court hearing is scheduled for June 15 to consider a preliminary injunction "pending a final determination." Some 350 full- and part-time employees work at the Hyatt.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This story is getting interesting.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:35 pm

I am quite intrigued now.... I wonder what the rationale is.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
website now says
"The safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues is always a top priority.
In light of COVID-19, the hotel has temporarily ceased normal operations and is not currently accepting room, restaurant, bar, or other reservations for stays before August 1, 2020. For inquiries, please contact the hotel directly."

Yet other downtown hotels are bookable and the HP Amherst, NY is available for booking as of June 15
Old Jun 4, 2020, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
website now says
"The safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues is always a top priority.
In light of COVID-19, the hotel has temporarily ceased normal operations and is not currently accepting room, restaurant, bar, or other reservations for stays before August 1, 2020. For inquiries, please contact the hotel directly."

Yet other downtown hotels are bookable and the HP Amherst, NY is available for booking as of June 15
Yeah, that’s just like how United Airlines can’t send you a plastic membership card nor serve you a proper meal *because* of Covid-19.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
website now says

I wonder if Hyatt shut it down or did Snyder group?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:47 pm

I wonder if you called the hotel directly if they would let you make a reservation.

I also wonder if they are honoring existing reservations as well. Anyone have a data point?

The plot thickens....
Old Jun 5, 2020, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1
I wonder if you called the hotel directly if they would let you make a reservation.

I also wonder if they are honoring existing reservations as well. Anyone have a data point?

The plot thickens....
Only one way to find out!
Old Jun 8, 2020, 11:46 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Snyder group renovated the hotel and has owned. The property since. According to rumors the hotel never made a penny of profit since opening in the 80s

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.