Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:34 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Today's email from [email protected]

ENJOY HYATT REGENCY LA JOLLA AT AVENTINE STARTING AT JUST USD$99 AND EARN 5,000 BONUS POINTS

Experience luxury in San Diego when you stay at the Four-Diamond Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine in San Diego. Right now weekends start at just USD$99 a night and weekdays start at just USD$179, plus earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport® bonus points per stay of two nights or more.

The Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine is perfect for business or pleasure, offering you wonderful amenities and services including our brand-new complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit Gym. Relax by our junior Olympic-size pool, take in a game of tennis or dine at any one of the six restaurants on property. Come discover why La Jolla has been nicknamed "The Jewel of the Pacific," with incomparable beaches, shopping, dining, galleries and attractions.

To take advantage of this great offer on your next two-night stay, visit hyatt.com now, book by March 15, 2011, and request Offer Code HRLJ5K.

https://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/reservat...11_EN_BOOK_NOW
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
ENJOY HYATT REGENCY LA JOLLA AT AVENTINE STARTING AT JUST USD$99 AND EARN 5,000 BONUS POINTS

Experience luxury in San Diego when you stay at the Four-Diamond Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine in San Diego. Right now weekends start at just USD$99 a night and weekdays start at just USD$179, plus earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport® bonus points per stay of two nights or more.

The Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine is perfect for business or pleasure, offering you wonderful amenities and services including our brand-new complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit Gym. Relax by our junior Olympic-size pool, take in a game of tennis or dine at any one of the six restaurants on property. Come discover why La Jolla has been nicknamed "The Jewel of the Pacific," with incomparable beaches, shopping, dining, galleries and attractions.

To take advantage of this great offer on your next two-night stay, visit hyatt.com now, book by March 15, 2011, and request Offer Code HRLJ5K.

https://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/reservat...11_EN_BOOK_NOW
so the same one that thc told us about earlier?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Spent last Friday and Saturday nights on the HRLJ5K offer mentioned above. First time at the property and found it to be pretty much what I expected after reading about it: a suburban business hotel more aloof than attentive with okay rooms and a servicable club.

At check-in was perfunctorily thanked for being a diamond and told that I was given the "best available room in the hotel" which was on the club floor. Sounded fine but turned out to be a fairly small king room on top floor with interestingly shaped, high-silled windows that make the room seem even smaller than what it already is. The windows also don't open, a minor annoyance as I do like some fresh air circulating occasionally. Toiletries are the usual nausiating ginger product but now in the new, improved smaller size which seems to be the new norm for Hyatt. Fine by me, large or small I never use the ginger puke anyway and have about given up hope that Hyatt Corporate will ever change to something decent. Room did have large flat panel tv and two nice sitting chairs but with the odd windows one is unable to see out (except for the sky) from the chairs. Obviously not a room in which to spend much time lounging but worked fine as a base for visiting the northern San Diego area.

Regency Club was also fairly small and the cramped layout led to some awkward navigating during the late morning breakfast rush. Club staff were very pleasant and accomdating as most Hyatt Club attendants are. The offerings seemed limited in scope if not quality. Both morning and evening presentations included a hot (warm) item- pumpkin ravioli first night and beef tamales the second; egg/spinach fritata first morning and egg/bacon breakfast burrito second morning. The hot egg dishes in the mornings were much better than the hot evening profferings. Evening desert item the first night was a very small basic brownies/cake bites. Usual wine and beer for purchase on honor system.

Stay Fit Gym was typical hotel gym with the minimum required allotment of equipment. Didn't ask about rates for the extensive Sports Club next door as the Stay Fit sufficed for a quick workout. Didn't eat at any restaurants as too many decent places in nearby La Jolla village and Del Mar just up the road. Location was certainly convenient for access to those areas.

Stay already posted to GP account but of course was incorrect; about half what it should have been. Called diamond line to have them determine/explain what I had been awarded and after agent contacted hotel she explained that the hotel said I was staying under a special offer that would include 5000 bonus points - that will post in 6 to 8 weeks - but that I would only receive stay points for one night of the stay, not both. I asked the diamond line agent why that is the case when the emailed offer never specified anything to that regard? She checked the specifics of the offer and said perhaps the FD agent at La Jolla was confused and then finally corrected my stay total to include both nights. She also said she would make a note of the 5K bonus that should be posting sometime prior to the end of May in case I need to call back about it. (Guess she isn't too optimistic either.) A somewhat annoying end to the visit but perhaps not totally inconsistent with the experience.

I do have another weekend stay reserved under the 5k offer for later this spring that I may or may not keep.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:59 am

Any stay updates here? Have an upcoming stay here and was wondering if street
parking is still an option?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:04 pm

Yes, there is ample parking on the main street in front of the hotel. There is also parking in the back part of the hotel in a residential neighborhood.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by TheMysteryTraveler
Yes, there is ample parking on the main street in front of the hotel. There is also parking in the back part of the hotel in a residential neighborhood.
Thanks ^.
Old May 1, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
I stayed here last weekend. It was really easy to find parking on either La Jolla Village Drive or on the street in the back of the hotel.

The RC did seem a little cramped. They had a nice quality smoked salmon for breakfast.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Any recent updates? Rates are at $103 a night, currently booked at Manchester for 18K points a night since daily rate is at $200 for that property.. considering a switch here and burning a suite upgrade but worried as the property looks dated...
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:19 pm

Anyone? Also, is the club open on the weekends? Diamond breakfast recently?

I am tempting to stay out here due to the rates and the recent promo rather than burning points, and love being close to the beach.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Anyone? Also, is the club open on the weekends? Diamond breakfast recently?

I am tempting to stay out here due to the rates and the recent promo rather than burning points, and love being close to the beach.
My last stay here was back in April of last year and as a Plat I upgraded to a club room
with points. The Regency Club is open on weekends. The breakfast offerings were good
and stocked with plenty of snacks and drinks in the evening. The room was a bit worn
but clean and quiet. Plenty of free parking behind the hotel and a few restaurants within
a 15 minute walk. The hotel is currently under renovation so you might want to contact
the property directly to find out when construction takes place.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by mr27
My last stay here was back in April of last year and as a Plat I upgraded to a club room
with points. The Regency Club is open on weekends. The breakfast offerings were good
and stocked with plenty of snacks and drinks in the evening. The room was a bit worn
but clean and quiet. Plenty of free parking behind the hotel and a few restaurants within
a 15 minute walk. The hotel is currently under renovation so you might want to contact
the property directly to find out when construction takes place.
Thanks for the response!! Any hot food offered in the club?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:32 pm

They usually rotate between two hot egg dishes plus a choice of potatoes or
bacon/sausage. The evening spread was a bit limited during my last stay. One evening
they had chicken lettuce wraps and the other night was hot wings and grilled veggies
with dip. Certainly not a large club but its kept clean and the attendants are nice.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:51 pm

That is good enough for me.. Wonder if they'd let us have in room dining instead, will ask at check in and report back. I did burn a suite upgrade so I'll report what I get back too. It is my birthday when I check in so perhaps that will help!!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:54 pm

Yep, never hurts to ask. They might be able to arrange something special for your
birthday. Look forward to an update after your stay.
Old May 17, 2014, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Called today and their $12MM renovation is complete.

Any room U/G reports recently for Platinum members? The FD rep. said "yes, if available" I just smiled to myself. With parking & taxes the lowest rate for later this month is ~$205>$210. Also looking at the Estancia La Jolla (about the same rate). Any recommends for that general area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.