Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
.....The 2 nights at PHBC were also awards -- one Cat 7 night and then 30k points. We were upgraded at check-in without request, to a fireplace slopeside junior suite.....Didn't have to ask for resort/parking to be waived.....
Must because of your dashing look. I was not upgrade to suite and was charged resort fee. I was told that my rate was not an eligible rate and resort fee wavier doesn't apply. I booked direct with PHBC reservation at locally advertised rate which was lower than hyatt.com rate.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Great to be back. Upgraded to a fireside suite for our four night stay. Jeff (Director of hotel operations) reached out the morning of the stay to welcome us. I mentioned we were visiting for my wife's birthday and it was her first time here. Birthday cupcakes, prosecco and a signed card by the F&B team awaited us in the room, a very nice touch. I don't think we could have picked a better weekend with the snow conditions.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:32 am

FWIW - On a sold out weekend during peak season. I was given a standard room, supposedly an upgrade due to slope view/balcony. This is with a cat 1-7 cert. And as globalist.

They did waive parking/resort fees without a mention. Breakfast at 8100 was great too.

Originally Posted by TerryK
Must because of your dashing look. I was not upgrade to suite and was charged resort fee. I was told that my rate was not an eligible rate and resort fee wavier doesn't apply. I booked direct with PHBC reservation at locally advertised rate which was lower than hyatt.com rate.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by PHX_SOUS
It's a nice place on par with the Westin Mammoth but don't come here expecting a St Regis, Ritz Carlton, or Four Seasons level of service and attention.
We just finished a 4 night award stay and the line above sums up my feelings as well regarding the PH Beaver Creek.

Pros
- Ski valets worked really hard!
- Lobby/Antler Bar had live music from 3-6pm which made for a nice way to kill a couple hours
- Ski in/ski out location is fantastic for access to the Buckaroo gondola which is helpful for kids in beginner lessons
- Smores supplies are freely given to guests at any time (need to ask front desk for it).
- Laundry facilities available
- Kids robes available - ask concierge

Cons
- Ski valets are understaffed. During the morning and afternoon rush, they are present but swamped. At other times, they are frequently not visible (because it might be 1 person trying to provide coverage for multiple areas).
- Confusing as to where to go to for the ski valet. Sometimes I would have to go to the skiers lounge, sometimes I would have to go to the counter on the way out, and once I was told to knock on a door in the hall. Consistency here would have been nice. Same with where to store shoes (self serve in the skiers lounge or ask the ski valet to get a bin or be provided automatically by the valet).
- There was no complimentary Hot Cocoa anywhere on the property. This really needs to be offered in the Lobby/Antler Bar as well as in the Skiers Lounge. It's a nice little thing that some other hotels do.
- Housekeeping came by around 3pm. It would have helped to have them clean the room when we were out skiing as opposed to when we got back. Communication with housekeeping was challenging as well (e.g., telling them to come back in 2 minutes).
- Turn down service happened around 8pm. Again, too late. It felt like they were just going through the motions for this.
- Gave a hard line of no late checkout (standard checkout is noon). Told they were completely sold out. Checked online and there were plenty of rooms available. Only have Hyatt Discoverist and we were staying on an Award. Felt like it might have been different otherwise. We didn't escalate but did mention at checkout and in survey comments.
- Room was decent but nothing great. Had 2 double beds. 2 queens would have been much better. Standard tub with shower.
- Pre-stay communication was more of a newsletter than the personal touch you get from Ritz, St. Regis, Four Seasons, etc (asking about your party, assistance with transportation, reservations, activities, etc)

We really enjoyed the Beaver Creek ski resort and will likely try other lodging next time.

Last edited by Billy Bandit; Mar 4, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by factory81
FWIW - On a sold out weekend during peak season. I was given a standard room, supposedly an upgrade due to slope view/balcony. This is with a cat 1-7 cert. And as globalist.

They did waive parking/resort fees without a mention. Breakfast at 8100 was great too.
Slope side with a balcony is def an upgrade. I've never gotten this room in my three trips there, even as a Diamond
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
We had a really nice stay here over memorial day long weekend. We had booked a standard room using the 3rd night free promotion. $400 for 3 nights seemed like a great deal. We got a globalist upgrade to fireside junior suite with slope view. The view was amazing. The room was nice enough but definitely not the nicest Park Hyatt. I guess the main draw of this hotel is the location near ski lifts and not the rooms. It seems like that's why the off season rates are low.

The lobby is very nice with a fantastic view of the mountains. The mountains were really green in May. The globalist benefits are pretty good. $70 per day towards breakfast in the 8100 Grill. The buffet is offered only on weekends. The price is 26.99 plus tax/tip. So 70 is enough to cover the full buffet. Another day we ordered off the menu and the bill came to $78. The whole amount was taken off at check out. The service at breakfast was very slow but we were in no rush.

The resort fee is waived for globalist but you have to ask. Definitely check your folio before leaving. They had not adjusted the resort fee until I asked.

Parking is mandatory at $30 a night and there is really no way to avoid it on revenue stays. There are buses from town of Avon to Beaver Creek but upon preliminary research, there was no overnight parking in Avon either. On a short stay, it's cheaper to rent a car and driver here rather than take the shuttles from Denver airport. For longer stays, shuttles might be worthwhile. You don't really need a car when you are in Beaver creek. They have on call buses that are wonderful. We used it multiple times to go to different places within beaver creek like the ritz carlton in bachelor gulch area.

Beaver creek is a beautiful place and there are weekend events in summer. There was live music on saturday and sunday afternoons. Overall, this is a great location for skiing in winter and the low summer rates make for a nice relaxing mountain vacation.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:37 am

So in the summer, how many nights is it worth to stay here? Better to be here on weekdays or weekends? Is the rodeo worth planning to be there for?

I've planning 8-10 nights (gotta get out of Texas, it's too hot!) overall in colorado (a couple in denver, some here, and maybe somewhere closer to RMNP) and am just trying to gauge whether it's worth a stop here for a few days.

Last edited by ClarkGriswold; Jun 26, 2018 at 10:46 am
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
So in the summer, how many nights is it worth to stay here? Better to be here on weekdays or weekends? Is the rodeo worth planning to be there for?

I've planning 8-10 nights (gotta get out of Texas, it's too hot!) overall in colorado (a couple in denver, some here, and maybe somewhere closer to RMNP) and am just trying to gauge whether it's worth a stop here for a few days.
This hotel has a 3rd night free, so 3 nights is a great stay length for the summer and offers great value. Im a Hyatt Prive agent, so Send me a PM as I have a close relationship with the hotel and Im sure can work out some additional extras for you!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:41 am

Hey Cityguy,

Thanks for the info, but from what I understand the 3rd free night + Prive aren't compatible, correct?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:42 am

Hey Cityguy,

Thanks for the info, but from what I understand the 3rd free night + Prive aren't compatible, correct?
See the PM I just sent you!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Hey Cityguy,

From the PH St Kitts thread, Prive can get pretty much all of the same rates/deals as you can see online. HOWEVER - note that your 3rd night will NOT earn night credits (Hyatt sees the "free night" as "you only paid for 2 nights, so the third night doesn't count).

One other tip/trick that we've found found:
If you have the Citi Prestige, Citi's travel agents just got Prive certified. So picking a random 4 days stretch, July 12-16
$449
$449
$0
$449

Then Citi will reimburse the average nightly rate ($337). You'll get Prive benefits (upgraded room, $100 credit).
So your total for 4 days would be $1010. Then if you're globalist, the resort fees get waived. And then they would likely do a room level upgrade from the already-upgraded room. And you'd still earn 3 night credits from Hyatt, plus the points on $1,347 (449*3).
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
So how likely are they to honor my $242/night weeklong stay in the Rial Oxford suite for November? (Im globalist). Is there any suites above this to get upgraded to as Globalist ?

Still available looks like all rooms and suites are the came
price.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
So how likely are they to honor my $242/night weeklong stay in the Rial Oxford suite for November? (Im globalist). Is there any suites above this to get upgraded to as Globalist ?

Still available looks like all rooms and suites are the came
price.
This looks like the top suite, but a Hyatt Prive booking will make this less likely to be cancelled as its a VIP booking (plus the normal benefits of $100 credit, welcome amenity etc in addition to Globalist perks). PM me for more info.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Cityguy1

This looks like the top suite, but a Hyatt Prive booking will make this less likely to be cancelled as its a VIP booking (plus the normal benefits of $100 credit, welcome amenity etc in addition to Globalist perks). PM me for more info.
ih tink the deal is only for adv purch. you can do hyatt prive with adv purch?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
ih tink the deal is only for adv purch. you can do hyatt prive with adv purch?
While Prive is slightly higher, it looks like its doing the same thing by charging the same (standard price) for all room categories in Nov 2019! You can only get the Prive rate when paying the standard flexible rate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.