Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jorge18
....I plan on leaving the resort on Sunday afternoon (13th) and heading back to spend a night in DEN since my flight out would leave at 9am the next morning and I don't want to wake up at 4am to drive back.

What are your thoughts on this plan?
Nothing wrong with it but don't expect to get late check out during ski season.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 12:05 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Overall, great idea. I did the same thing in 2014, booked it in 2013 right before a Hyatt devaluation.

I realize the cost for more than one person may be greater for the shuttle. However, I recommend the shuttle. I don’t like the idea of a relatively long mountain drive in a Rocky Mountain snowstorm and some of the roads (including the I-70 between Denver foothills and the ski resorts) REQUIRE chains with certain weather conditions. On the other hand, Colorado Mountain Express (CME), the main shuttle between DEN and the ski resorts, drives that route every day, in all weather conditions. Although the drive can take as little as 2 hours under ideal weather and traffic conditions, with a little of either it can take much longer. I’m happy in that situation to leave the driving to someone else, while I nap or read or sightsee (Woody Allen’s Sleeper spaceship house is easily visible from I-70 approximately exit 254) or surf the net (CME vans have WiFi). The thought of making that drive after a long flight or after a day of skiing is not pleasing to me. Most of the ski resorts have excellent free public transportation and/or excellent dining within walking distance which makes a car unnecessary.

Excellent idea to drive to DEN the evening prior to your flight, lodging cost will be much lower near the airport compared to the ski resort and much less worry about making your flight. Sunday evening traffic between the mountains and Denver will be horrific, especially if there was new snow that weekend, lots of weekenders heading back to Denver.

Middle of March is a crap shoot; you could have a blizzard, you could have 50-60 degree temps and bright sunshine. No way to predict it ahead of time.

Most importantly, even a mediocre day of skiing in the Rockies is better than a day at work! And a powder day is absolute heaven!
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
+1 Dr Jabadski. On top of that, if you are renting a car, the valet (no self parking in hotel) is $50 per 24 hours / day / night (don't remember the exact terms).
The shuttle has many options and last time i took the latest one (4pm?) works out fine, got 2pm check-out as well.
Enjoy ur trip!!
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:08 pm

Hoping you guys could help me out here...

Looking at staying at this resort using points. Here's my plan:

March 10th-14th

Flying into DEN (can't find any award flights going into EGE) renting a silvercar ($218 after discounts). I've read to do the shuttles, but the shuttle for 2 people is $200 each way, which is more than the car rental and parking fee combined.

I plan on leaving the resort on Sunday afternoon (13th) and heading back to spend a night in DEN since my flight out would leave at 9am the next morning and I don't want to wake up at 4am to drive back.

I think your plan sounds great in terms of getting there. Other shuttles might be worth looking at but the CME shuttle (owned by Vail Resorts) is unbelievably inefficient - you arrive in DEN, wait forever to actually get on the shuttle, stop on the way there (at a location owned by Vail Resorts) and the Park Hyatt almost inevitably is the last drop off in BC. The Park Hyatt is not owned by Vail Resorts - many of the other properties in BC are. The CME shuttles, plane to hotel take hours more than they should.

If you have a car, you could ski the last day in Vail or somewhere else on the way back to Denver.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
... but the CME shuttle (owned by Vail Resorts) is unbelievably inefficient ...
My experience with CME, with about a dozen trips over 7-8 years, has been very different. They ain’t perfect and suffer the same problems of all shared shuttle services and you will need to allow more time, but overall I’d still recommend them. They are better and more efficient than many other airport shuttle services. And if chains are required on the day you’re supposed to drive you’ll be even more pleased.

And they have a frequent rider program!
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:12 pm
fMD

Hi everyone, I'd like to stay here for Saturday - Monday during presidents day weekend but they will only allow me to book a 5 day stay on points during this time period online and over the phone. Is there any way to break this up and book a two day stay?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fMD
Hi everyone, I'd like to stay here for Saturday - Monday during presidents day weekend but they will only allow me to book a 5 day stay on points during this time period online and over the phone. Is there any way to break this up and book a two day stay?
That weekend is the busiest of the year. You chances are slim but you can try calling PHBC direct to their inhouse reservation.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:49 pm
fMD

Originally Posted by TerryK
That weekend is the busiest of the year. You chances are slim but you can try calling PHBC direct to their inhouse reservation.
Thanks! I'll give it a whirl
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Weekend getaway at the Park

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

136 E Thomas Pl Beaver Creek, CO US 81620

Weekend getaway at the Park (12 Photos)

The Park Hyatt Beaver Creek is a great place to visit, anytime of the year. This time was no exception. I went with three friends for a guys weekend in the mountains, thanks to an $80 cheap fare from Dallas to Denver. We booked two rooms at a great rate of $140 a night.

Check In

We arrived at the hotel around 5pm and were greeted by the front desk staff, who informed us we had been upgraded to the lobby level Mt. Lincoln suite. This was my first time staying in a suite here, so I was extremely excited.

Room

The Mt. Lincoln suite, room 1059. Located on the lobby level, just past the cafe. This is a cozy suite with great views of the ice rink and the mountains in the background.

The suite consisted of a king bed, a queen size sofa bed, and a connecting room with two doubles. With the connecting room, it was around 1400-1500 sqft, which was plenty for us!

The living room had a huge wraparound couch and two comfy chairs. My only complaint would be the couch was a little hard.

A very comfy king size bed.

The connecting room with two double beds.

The beautifully appointed master bathroom.

The bathroom featured amenities from their very own Allegria spa.

Fantastic views of the ice rink and Beaver Creek village, with the mountains in the background.

Dining

We were lucky enough that they had the buffet running one of the days we were there. Thanks to my Diamond status, all four of us enjoyed eating from the buffet and ordering off the menu.

Omelet bar

Grits with sausage and cheese!

Chicken and waffles. Amazing.

Property

Looking towards the hotel from the ice rink.

Antlers!

Nothing beats sitting out by the fire, sipping onhot chocolate and eating some delicous smores. (The hotel provides complimentary smores kits!)

Overall

Whether you're here for skiing in the winter, hiking in the summer, or just want to getaway for a few days, you can't go wrong here.

All the photos in this review were taken by the extremely talented Andy from Andy's Travel Blog. For more photos and details, see the following links:

Weekend getaway at the Park

Would you like to write a review on the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Allegria spa access

Happy Holidays! I see there is a $21 fee to access the spa's Aqua Sanitas if you are not having a treatment. Is that fee waived for diamond members? Thank you for any assistance.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachbride2003
Happy Holidays! I see there is a $21 fee to access the spa's Aqua Sanitas if you are not having a treatment. Is that fee waived for diamond members? Thank you for any assistance.
Nope. I've heard that some were offered one-time pass from time to time but not as a rule.

Last edited by TerryK; Dec 30, 2015 at 10:47 pm
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Smile Thank you.

Nope. I've heard that some were offer one-time pass from time to time but not as a rule.
Thank you TerryK.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by beachbride2003
Just finished a 4 night award stay as a diamond and a repeat guest. Aside from a very good breakfast, don't expect any special treatment. You will have to pay for access to the spa and $50 per night for parking. We received the lowest possible room category - a standard king with view of the road and no balcony. The rooms are nothing special and the bathtubs are tiny.

Having said all that, we love this hotel for its location and service levels. In particular, the ski valets go above and beyond to sure a memorable experience.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Thanks for the review. I enjoyed the pictures!

My wife and I will both be getting the Hyatt CC sometime this year (and just emailed them for a status match) and this looks like this property would be a great way to use our 4 nights (or maybe the new PH on St Kitts).

Last time in BC we stayed at the Westin (one of the nicest Westin's we have been to actually) and the ski valets there were amazing as well, but the location of the Hyatt is much better.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: A few
Sorry it's a little unclear reading between the lines... does this property charge the $50 resort fee is staying on points? I see indications it does not when using credit card free nights, but ambiguous about points bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.