Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 15, 10, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by 4aks View Post
Nice price - do they ever have snow by Nov 21st ?

Am planning a ski trip in Jan/Feb - anyone have much luck using fall FFN awards during ski season at this property ? Currently award nights are available at 22k points each
I was able to use 5 FFNs during Spring Break this year, but I booked them using points 6 months in advance and converted them to FFNs later.
Old Jul 16, 10, 3:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by snwire View Post
The slopes do not open until Nov 24th.
hah - good catch, Vail opens a week earlier - Nov 19th
Old Jul 16, 10, 4:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by DealDetective View Post
I was able to use 5 FFNs during Spring Break this year, but I booked them using points 6 months in advance and converted them to FFNs later.
I suppose I could try by booking one point-based night at a time, I only have 30k to work with
Old Aug 9, 10, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you a quick summer review of this resort.

So, first of all, I've NEVER seen a place with more children than beaver creek in the summer. If you are looking for a romantic getaway, then forget it. this is NOT your resort (or even possibly town). Now, if you're willing to deal with children (and I mean a lot), then continue reading.

So I used 3 different sets of BWB's here:

I did 2 one night stays, and one 5 night stay all overlapping.

The 5 night stay (first check in) got me into a deluxe room which had a gas fireplace. It was a decent size and small balcony (with no chairs). It also had a pull out bed in the couch. The working desk is terrible and I almost broke my toe tripping over it one night.

The 2 one night stays yielded a giant suite with no fireplace but an awesome rain shower, and one normal room. The suite was quite sizable, but interestingly enough, for all its size, it could only fit as many people as you are willing to put on a King Sized bed. There was no pull out couch, but it had a giant walk in closet. All in, very nice.

The diamond breakfast was outstanding. Full breakfast buffet in the restaurant. You could also eat in this cafe they had, but we never bothered.

As others have stated, you MUST valet park. This is very annoying because they are horrible at dealing with volume. Call the car in well in advance or you'll be stuck waiting. When they get really busy, they actually just stop picking up the phone too, which is charming.

I read reviews that the dinner there is terrible, but can't speak from personal experience.

Each night in the summer from 7-8 they offer smores over their firepit. This is actually a great ploy to keep the kids happy. They descend like vultures, but with some well timed punches and kicks, you can get in there and toast marshmallows to your delight. They are just as good as you remember them from your childhood too.

The hotel itself is awesome, but I couldn't help but feel like they brought their B- staff for the summer months and mostly cater to wealthy parents with children. All in, well worth the 0 dollars I paid, but if you don't have kids...I would probably stay well clear of the establishment if there isn't snow.

As a final note, Verizon is AWFUL at this hotel. It seems to vary widely room to room or even where you stand in the lobby. If you are expecting to make any kind of business calls during a trip, you may consider a different hotel as the phones cost over a dollar a minute to use. Either that, or go walk up the hill a little ways and try from there. AT&T is fine though (ironically). So, Verizon's coverage map ploy is definitely lying to us.
Old Aug 9, 10, 12:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
There were a few questions about parking. We actually parked 2 cars down in the main elk lot and valeted one (take a right as soon as you get through beaver creek "Security"). You do have to register the car, but it's pretty fast to do this. That's the only way to leave it overnight.

You then take a shuttle up to the park hyatt. It works, but it's annoying and will only work if you have no plans of moving your car ever again (which begs the question of why did you pay to rent a car).
Old Aug 18, 10, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie View Post
The prime free Summer parking gig mentioned earlier in this thread is over.
Originally Posted by SkiUtah View Post
If you are visiting when a particular event is going on any day at the ford event center then you wont be able to park in the garage and they'll usually make you park below. I have been forced to park in several different lots based on just who is working, events going on, and length of stay. Again if there is an event at the ford center you wont be allowed to park in the garage usually so i wouldn't assume its over.
Originally Posted by astan100 View Post
As others have stated, you MUST valet park.
So it looks like they changed the parking situation a little bit since I was there last summer. Their is new signage in the Beaver Creek Village parking garage that specifically says "Park Hyatt Reserved Parking" along with a stall #. IIRC that is where I parked for free last summer. However I still was able to find parking in the same garage, just a level lower with a different entrance. It's where the public parks in the summer when visiting BC Village or the Ford Center. Sometimes there's attendants manned at the booth but they will let you park in there. Just don't tell them that you're parking overnight and nothing seems to happen. We parked there for 3 nights without a problem. It's a little difficult to find, ESPECIALLY if you've never been there before, but it IS available nonetheless if you don't mind taking the small risk. Just park towards the end and you can either exit the garage directly into BC Village which is right next to the PH side entrance (by the business center and Concierge), or else if you step over the halfway roped off gate and hook your second left, you will come upon the garage elevator which will take you directly into the PH lobby. I wouldn't recommend this for newbies on their first day, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to do it again myself. ^

BTW, the 8100 Bar & Grill had some pretty good Happy Hour deals during July from 4-6PM and 9PM-Close. $3 draft beers (including my favorite beer, Guinness) and $5 cocktails and appetizers of which there were some pretty good selections including a mini-steak which was quite tasty. Also they had $10 burger and a beer specials everyday from Noon-Close.

I had the buffet breakfast a couple times and then grabbed a quick takeaway breakfast one morning when we had to be out of there for our rafting trip before the buffet opened. I would definitely stick to the buffet, although the lady in the Cafe was pretty nice and ended up letting us order pertty much anything we wanted in their. We even grabbed a sandwich for lunch and threw that on our free Diamond breakfast tab. ^ Although I still don't think our total was anywhere near what they would have charged for the buffet.
Old Aug 18, 10, 8:03 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AA ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire/Ambassador
Originally Posted by gregorygrady View Post
We parked there for 3 nights without a problem.
This summer (2010) or a previous?
Originally Posted by gregorygrady View Post
... but it IS available nonetheless if you don't mind taking the small risk.
with the free BC shuttle (both from the free lots at the base of the mountain and within BC village), I personally don't think any risk of ticket or towing is worth it, others clearly differ
Old Aug 18, 10, 4:35 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, American AAdvantage, Hyatt
Beaver Creek Hyatt

I have Platinum Gold Passport membership that I received from my Continental Airlines credit card. I've never used it but read up on the benefits. I know that Platinums aren't supposed to get room upgrades, but has anyone received one by asking? Beaver Creek is probably going to be busy for the Labor Day weekend and wasn't sure if I should even ask.
Old Aug 18, 10, 6:38 pm

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
you won't go very far with platinum except free internet.

Originally Posted by cody77 View Post
I have Platinum Gold Passport membership that I received from my Continental Airlines credit card. I've never used it but read up on the benefits. I know that Platinums aren't supposed to get room upgrades, but has anyone received one by asking? Beaver Creek is probably going to be busy for the Labor Day weekend and wasn't sure if I should even ask.
Old Aug 18, 10, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cody77 View Post
Even Diamonds have trouble getting any meaningful upgrades at this property. Don't know if they are busy around Labor Day, PHBC is primarily a winter resort.
Old Aug 25, 10, 5:38 pm
LRD

Programs: AA LT Plat/6MM, MVP 75K, Marriott LT Titanium
Offer Code GPSP

SPECIAL $99 RATE AND 35% OFF ALLEGRIA SPA SERVICES AT PARK HYATT BEAVER CREEK

Escape to the magnificent Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa and enjoy the perfect summer and autumn getaway in the breathtaking Colorado Rocky Mountains.

Take advantage of these exclusive savings:

Rooms starting at $99 per night*
35% off all Allegria Spa services
Soothing, renewing and innovative water-based treatments at the Allegria Spa
Take in beautiful mountain views and al fresco dining at 8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill
White-water rafting, fly-fishing, golfing, hiking and other recreational excursions
Enjoy the convenience of direct flights and 30-minute transfer from Vail Airport

This offer must be booked by September 17, 2010, and is valid for stays through December 18, 2010. Be sure to request Offer Code GPSP when making your reservation. Blackout dates apply.

*$99 valid 8/13/10 through 9/18/10 and 10/1/10 through 12/18/10
Old Oct 4, 10, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
We parked there for 3 nights without a problem.
This summer (2010) or a previous?

With the free BC shuttle (both from the free lots at the base of the mountain and within BC village), I personally don't think any risk of ticket or towing is worth it, others clearly differ
Sorry for the delay in responding. The stay I was referring to in that post was in July 2010.

FWIW, I was there again in Septemeber 2010. This time I specifically looked for signage that prohibited overnight parking in the Ford Center parking lot. I could not find any signage ANYWHERE prohibiting this. Not at the entrance, not in the actual garage or even the exits going into Beaver Creek Village. So I would say the risk is quite minimal. Worst case you will get a slap on the hand IMHO, but I doubt you will even get that. Of course winter is a different story as I believe they charge for parking there.

And to update my post from a couple months ago, when I was there in Sept 2010, luckily they had the Allegria Spa Peach Ginger (?) toiletries again. In July I got the vile Portico White Ginger junk, worst toiletries I'd ever seen at a PH. Seems like maybe they were just changing the packaging or something as the packaging is different, but the product inside is the same.
Old Oct 6, 10, 12:52 am
Suspended

Just to get back to everyone on my stay this summer. It was exactly the same as it has been for years parking wise. They originally wanted me to park down below but i politely asked and they politely allowed me to park in the garage up top by the hyatt after they re-radioed the request into the security. summer of course and i was only one night. They will never at ski season.

YES ski season is COMPLETELY different than the rest of the year for parking. Special events are also different and nothing is guaranteed its just the way the parking always seems to work out. Longer stays are also less likely to get the parking garage by permission if any day there is an event they will want you to park below.

You go to the guard station back entrance not the same person who greets you or the information desk. You actually need to enter the gates swing immediately in and talk to them. I think several people are confused on this. You also will be given a different parking tag than the one that just says guest. They at a minimum need to write a date on your existing one but i have always been given a new one. You also need to give them your car plate info, phone number and where your staying. They want to be able to contact you and despite belief on here they do tow cars and keep track of them so dont skip this small step.

As a former verizon customer i can confirm there are several rooms with great reception and several with literally no reception at all so you might want to check that first thing if that is important to you. I have had alot of dropped calls here.

This hotel is often PACKED with kids summer and ski season. Fall and Spring much less so. I think this is why you get a pretty different park hyatt experience than most. The staff spends alot of time picking up after the kids and cleaning.

Its also a hotel that actually sells the suites in the winter so they have no reason or usually a way to upgrade, but some people luck out. Platinums and diamonds just usually get nice rooms. This hotel has literally been more than half of my hyatt lifetime stays so i can confirm they do honestly sell the suites in ski season that is why there is no upgrades usually. Most of the high spenders here buying the suites dont even belong to gold passport. I was told this by a staff member first hand. They are not loyal hyatt customers just high spenders and this hotel happens to be a hyatt so that is also why diamonds/platiunums get so little perks, that part is my opinion. Plus most of those elites here are the people staying on points lol not spending cash and most of the cash spenders are non passport members just people with alot of money in the Winter who have this hotel booked for them mostly by travel agents, assistants, or businesses. It is a very different hotel ski season than the rest of the year and different than most if not all park hyatts.

I love this hotel so it has some not so great things but its still an amazing property with the best location.
Old Feb 8, 11, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
Stayed at Beaver Creek Park Hyatt from 2/5 - 2/7.

Check-in: Had reserved a courtyard king and called the day before to request an upgrade. Was told that they would try and upgrade me but the property was almost sold out so it might be tough. At check-in on 2/5 at around 11amthey told me they upgraded me to a king w/ a view of the ski slope. Room was the same, but view was better. To be honest, not a great bump, the room was a typical king room, just a better view. But considering this is peak season, I was pretty happy with the upgrade.

My only complaint is that I checked-in at 11amand was told room wasn't ready (I didn't expect it would be). The front desk person was extremely friendly and helpful. Told her I was going to hit the slopes and would be back later to get my room key. She said they would call me when the room was ready. Got back from skiing around 3:30 and went to grab my key. Was told room wasn't ready yet. Sort of disappointing given the fact that they knew I was at the hotel already. But not a big deal since room was not guaranteed to be ready till 4pm. At about 3:58 they told me the room was ready.

Room

Was greeted in the room by a small bottle of red wine and a hand-written note from the GM. Also, got 2 chocolate skis and a boot. Very nice touch. Room was your typical king sized hotel room, nothing spectacular. View was nice, looked right over the fire pit and ski slope. On the second day when we got back from skiing, we had a full bottle of white wine another note and an apple. Very nice touch! Absolutely no complaints on the room.....

Property

The property is beautiful. Gym was empty, the equipment is all new and high end. Didn't use the spa, but it looks really nice. Location is amazing, right in the middle of everything and the ski valet is so convenient! Had the free breakfast every morning (which would be extremely expensive if it wasn't free). The food was great, the buffet had tons of choices. Definitely wouldn't pay for it out of my own pocket (I think breakfast for 3 was about $100), but huge bonus if you get it for free.

All in all this is a great place to stay for a ski trip. They make skiing as convenient and hassle free as possible. Right in the middle of the village, which is great. A bunch of restaurants within walking distance.

Will definitely stay here again. Have only stayed at one other Hyatt Ski Resort (Lake Tahoe) and the PH Beaver Creek was better in just about every aspect.
Old Feb 28, 11, 12:36 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
All non-refundable reservations?

I am trying to book a late summer stay, and all reservations (regardless of rate selected) show a required deposit and then then cryptic, poorly worded cancellation and deposit statements about all nights charged as a deposit. Is this normal?

Cancellation Policy:
Deposit on File of Time of Cancel is Forfeited.

Deposit Policy:
Deposit Required By February 28, 2011. Deposit By Credit Card Required. Up To 3 Night(S) Deposit Will Be Charged To Credit Card

Search this Thread
Search Engine: