FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/133597-park-hyatt-beaver-creek-colorado-review-master-thread.html)

TerryK Mar 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady (Post 13651407)
....I looked and looked but couldn't for the life of me find a lift ticket anywhere for under the $96 daily rate...

The daily rate is $98 now. It is likely to top $100 next season. :mad: If you ski for more than a few days each season, you may want to look into this:

http://www.snow.com/epicpass/home.aspx

jkc22 Mar 26, 2010 7:31 pm

Pass

Originally Posted by TerryK (Post 13656408)
The daily rate is $98 now. It is likely to top $100 next season. :mad: If you ski for more than a few days each season, you may want to look into this:

Absolutely - it makes no sense NOT to buy an EPIC Pass if you are skiing more than 5 days at Vail Resorts mountains.

Alternatively, if you only ski Vail/Beaver Creek less than 10 days a season, the Colorado Pass is a deal at $450 - unlimited Breck/Keystone/ABasin, 10 days Vail/Beaver Creek, restricted. No Heavenly acess with CO Pass.

I have the CO Pass, will most likely get the EPIC Pass for next.

gregorygrady Mar 28, 2010 1:30 am

Originally Posted by TerryK (Post 13656408)

Unfortunately I was only planning on skiing 1 or 2 days. So all I could find was $96 (or maybe it was $98 like you mentioned). At least the Costco Check Certs bring that rate down to $78, that's a good discount. :)

thc Mar 28, 2010 8:18 pm

I'm staying here now and am enjoying the property, but honestly I think Starwood does ski lodges better. The St. Regis Aspen, Westin Whistler and Westin Mammoth are great. I walked through the Westin here in Beaver Creek too and it looks outstanding.

That said, the PH Beaver Creek is a very comfortable place to stay. You can't beat the location, and the ski valet is nice. The afternoon s'mores service is fun albeit, it can get a little crazy with all the little kids and everyone trying to get access to the one firepit available.

I stayed here once a few years ago, and got a great junior suite. This was before they turned one wing into permanent residences. This time, I just got a standard room, which was fine. It didn't really scream out luxury to me like the St. Regis Aspen does. Also, I didn't like the bed in my room, as it was too soft for my taste.

The gym is top-notch and offers group fitness and yoga classes, but only open till 8pm. The spa looks fine, but I didn't indulge. I know Beaver Creek is an expensive place, but geez, those spa prices were high.

My favorite thing about this Hyatt, besides the location was the breakfast. The breakfast is probably the best breakfast buffet I've ever seen at any Hyatt.

If you're looking for a ski in/out Hyatt property, this one is your only choice. But if you just want to ski, and don't have to be on the mountain, I would say go to the Hyatt Lake Tahoe (if you're looking for a Hyatt credit.) I prefer that one. Or go for one of the Starwood ski properties (I wanna try the new one in Deer Valley). Also, in terms of apres-ski life, Beaver Creek is a little boring. Everything goes on at night over in Vail.

DealDetective Mar 28, 2010 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by thc (Post 13666989)
The spa looks fine, but I didn't indulge. I know Beaver Creek is an expensive place, but geez, those spa prices were high.

Take a look at their Spring Break Specials. $60-$69 gets you a choice of 30 minute services as well as access to the Aqua Sanitas Water Sanctuary.

thc Mar 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by DealDetective (Post 13667084)
Take a look at their Spring Break Specials. $60-$69 gets you a choice of 30 minute services as well as access to the Aqua Sanitas Water Sanctuary.

I did get a list of their specials when I checked in. I didn't partake because I prefer services longer than 30 min.

I also got two $25 coupons for use on any spa treatment or retail shop purchase of $75 or more.

SkiUtah Mar 28, 2010 11:10 pm

I am frequent visitor to this property. A few different things i have noticed this winter

On my last two stays i was given crystal geyser water instead of the usual Fiji

On my last stay coffee machine was automatically in the room. I have requested one on everyone of my previous stays so maybe they just remembered or made a note.

The pens were the cheap silver hyatt generic type not the sharp looking park Hyatt beaver creek black ones that were so nice for years. Noticed this on my last stay at least. Maybe they were just out or something?

My last few stays i have checked in and they didn't ask my name as they usually do from the valets but they knew when i was up at the reception counter.....i thought that was a nice touch

I will be staying here again this week so i will give an update if anything new is going on at this property

astan100 Mar 29, 2010 12:12 am

Does anyone know what the availability is like here in the summer?

thc Mar 29, 2010 12:16 am

Originally Posted by astan100 (Post 13667955)
Does anyone know what the availability is like here in the summer?

Do you mean for regular stays or award stays? Either way, I would imagine that availability is fine since summer is off season for this area. Also the rates are much lower in the summer.

thc Mar 29, 2010 12:18 am

Originally Posted by SkiUtah (Post 13667774)

The pens were the cheap silver hyatt generic type not the sharp looking park Hyatt beaver creek black ones that were so nice for years. Noticed this on my last stay at least. Maybe they were just out or something?

Funny, I noticed that too, but forgot to mention it in my previous post. and they really don't write well. I kept having to sign my name over and over again whenever i signed anything.

Sweet Willie Apr 13, 2010 11:22 am

Looking to use a couple of NBT nights here towards the end of June.

Originally Posted by edsh (Post 1262274)
Although the hotel is surrounded by the Beaver Creek gated community, the town of Avon is 15 minutes drive down the mountain. The majority of area restaurants area located there.

Originally Posted by SkiUtah (Post 11530462)
There are much cheaper dining options in the village so no reason you need to eat here if its too pricey.

When one states the village, is this Avon or the immediate area surrounding the HBC?

If the latter, are there good restaurant choices within walking distance of the HBC?

Originally Posted by gregorygrady (Post 12324482)
I just got back from another stay here. I learned my lesson last time so I just parked in the free garage. It turns out that garage has a door that goes directly into the PH BC elevators!! And the garage is the same one that PH BC uses for valeting cars. Complete waste of money to valet your car here IMHO (at least during the summer when the garage is free).

Seeing as we are staying at the HBC in the summer, we would like to park in the free garage, is the garage entrance easy to find?

Originally Posted by el_jefe (Post 13579430)
The Spa was wonderful and the Arnica Sports Cure was great, albeit expensive at $265....Virtually none of the resort charges count for points (the Spa is not owned by Hyatt) .....

Can one charge Spa services to one's room ?

thanks in advance for replies^

W2B Globetrotter Apr 13, 2010 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 13762078)
Looking to use a couple of NBT nights here towards the end of June.

When one states the village, is this Avon or the immediate area surrounding the HBC?

If the latter, are there good restaurant choices within walking distance of the HBC?

Seeing as we are staying at the HBC in the summer, we would like to park in the free garage, is the garage entrance easy to find?

Can one charge Spa services to one's room ?

thanks in advance for replies^

BC Village - immediate area surrounding HBC

Good restaurant choices - Blue Moose (inexpensive, family-friendly pizza parlor) and Toscanini (Italian right across the ice rink) are within immediate area; plenty of others from romantic, fine dining (Beano's Cabin - on mountain) to casual can be found here:
http://www.beavercreek.com/the-resort/dining.aspx

Town of Avon, just north of the Village, has lots of good dining choices: Columbine Bakery and Ti Amo (hard to find though) are two of my favorites

Free parking in summer: don't know as I've always gone during ski season when valet is worth it (they lug all your gear to the ski valet and back)

For a lot more terrific dining choices, a short drive away is the town of Edwards. A favorite of mine there is Lark Burger, wonderful burger joint done by the famed Larkspur restaurant in Vail

And yes, one can charge Allegria spa services to their room.

Sweet Willie Apr 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by W2B Globetrotter (Post 13762221)
(Beano's Cabin - on mountain)

we went to Beano's a number of years ago in the summer, wrote it up here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west/...co-dining.html

Thanks for the dining link & other answers.^

I'll assume the garage is not hard to find.

gregorygrady Apr 17, 2010 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 13762441)
I'll assume the garage is not hard to find.

Not too hard if you've been there before, but not easy if you haven't. Just continue driving up the main road and don't take your left to go to PH. On the left there will be the covered bridge, continue past the bridge and then on the left there is a booth to the parking garage. Pull in there, there may be an attendant in the booth but the parking is still free. BTW, if you see a small/quaint church on your left side, you've gone too far so turn around. Might be useful to try to figure it out on Google Maps before you go there. Basically I believe it's the main visitor parking garage for Beaver Creek.

travelismylife Apr 17, 2010 3:50 pm

Transportation

Looking to stay here in August. Fly in on AA to EGE and arrive at 6:20 p.m. Avis, Budget, and Hertz (Alamo and National close at 5) all close at 6:30. Anyone know if they stay open if flight is delayed? What are other transportation options? Any other tips also appreciated.