Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 6, 09, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiUtah View Post
......If you have the chance to stay here do it. The location is great in the village. It is a great hotel if you can get a good package rate or use points. I personally do not think its worth 500 a night as there are so many lodign options in the vail/beaver creek area, but it is a great hotel with the best location.
I agree with everything you said and I have been there every year since the early 90s. Try to book using points or FFN and you will surely enjoy it. $500 is actually an excellent rate during the ski season. The rates are around $1000 during the holiday peak season with 7 night minimum.
Old Jul 29, 09, 7:23 pm

The stingiest Hyatt worldwide has improved!

Well, I was skeptical it would happen based on all the old horror stories I read in this thread, but the PH Beaver Creek has actually improved their Diamond breakfast offering. For the first time in my life, I came to a hotel armed with a printout of the (new) GP T&Cs fully expecting a fight at checkin. I was pleasantly surprised though that I didn't even need to bust out my printout. I was given $22 per person breakfast buffet certs for 2 in each of the rooms I had booked (each room was booked under a separate Diamond acct):

However, I'm not sure if you can get your hopes up too high just yet. The stingy old (Diamond) quick breakfast cart/cafe is closed for the summer the waitress said when I asked about it. So it's possible that during high season they will try to stick Diamonds with the old paltry pastry/coffee/juice. But for now the breakfast is quite good. ^

I was also given a Diamond amenity card that was slightly outdated (still has the full buffet breakfast as an option). I chose the 1k points as usual so I can't comment on the quality of the F&B offerings:

We were upgraded to a Slopeside King and Slopeside 2 Doubles upon checkin. There were no Exec Rooms (Jr Suites) when I looked online before I checked in, so I didn't try to argue myself any further up. The room location was pretty good with a nice view of the mountain:

SkiUtah gave a fantastic summary of this place 3 posts above this, so I'll just add a couple limited extra thoughts of mine:

1) I was charged $12 (per room) Resort Fee, + $1.20 tax. It was listed online as being $18, not sure if you get a discount in the summer? That said, Diamonds basically get almost nothing extra. It sure would be nice if you could reject the Resort Fee, which includes:
a) Free Internet (Already a Diamond benefit)
b) Access to the fitness center (Already a Diamond benefit)
c) Complimentary spa access with any spa or salon service (most laughable Fee I've ever heard of since ANYBODY who purchases a spa service gets spa access. , you certainly don't hafta pay a Resort Fee for that privilege).
d) 800 and local calls and faxes
e) 2 bottles of water
f) Smore's Hour from 4-5PM

Since I arrived for a 1-night stay after Smore's hour was over, I basically got free local phone calls and 2 bottles of water (neither of which I used), so in reality they stuck me with $26.40 in Resort Fees for ZERO extra services for the 2 rooms. But what can you do about it, unfortunately that's what all the Resorts do these days, right?

2) Valet parking was only $18 even though the parking ticket said it would be $24 (so did the website). Nice to have something cheaper than advertised for once, although during the summer they have FREE parking at all the Beaver Creek parking lots. The closest one is maybe a 2-3 minute walk from the hotel. I would DEFINITELY park in those lots if I were going again rather than valeting my car. I asked the parking lot booth attendant if we could park overnight in the lot and he said although you're not technically supposed to stay overnight, they don't do anything if you do, as long as you don't leave your car there for months on end. ^

3) We booked one room under the $99 GP99 rate. The other room we booked on a higher rate (~$160) in order to use the DEL5k Special Offer Code. I was contemplating booked both rooms under the higher rate so we could get DEL5k for each room (and $300 in F&B credits). I'm very glad I didn't. I've never known how hard it is to eat $150 worth of food, even though there were 4 of us. We arrived just after midnight, so everything was closed in terms of dinner. We had the free buffet breakfast for all of us at 9AM. We were still pretty full by the time we ate lunch at 2PM. We knocked out all $150 at lunch right before we checked out, but we were completely stuffed after that meal!!!! We had a variety of food at 8100 Bar & Grill. It was all pretty decent, although not spectacular.

4) At check-in at ~1AM, I asked if we could get a late checkout since we had arrived so late. I mentioned that we would only need it in one room. He clicked his computer keys and said that would be okay since they only needed one of our rooms for a later arriving guest. Turns out that the $150 F&B credit was on the room he had to checkout earlier, so he allowed us to stay checked into that room until 2PM, even though we had vacated it at like 10AM. We ended up checking out of both rooms at about 3:15PM. I thought it was nice of them to give us a late checkout. ^ All in all a nice stay, and a super deal on the combo of a $99 rate and a slightly higher rate with a $150 F&B credit and 5k bonus pts. BTW, the 5k bonus pts never showed up when my stay posted. I'll probably have to call GP to get those added.
Old Sep 2, 09, 2:58 am
Suspended

There is no reason to pay the high parking rate here. A few minutes on the bus will save you 24 dollars a day in the winter. You will park in the winter at the entrance gates to BC or in the Summer you can park walking distance away.

You probably won't need your car either since the location of this hotel is slopeside and right in the heart of the village. If you need to get to the town of Avon there is a free very nice bus to take you there.
Old Sep 3, 09, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by SkiUtah View Post
There is no reason to pay the high parking rate here. A few minutes on the bus will save you 24 dollars a day in the winter. You will park in the winter at the entrance gates to BC or in the Summer you can park walking distance away.

You probably won't need your car either since the location of this hotel is slopeside and right in the heart of the village. If you need to get to the town of Avon there is a free very nice bus to take you there.
Fully agree. I just got back from another stay here. I learned my lesson last time so I just parked in the free garage. It turns out that garage has a door that goes directly into the PH BC elevators!! And the garage is the same one that PH BC uses for valeting cars. Complete waste of money to valet your car here IMHO (at least during the summer when the garage is free). We left our car in the garage for~36 hours since we had no need for it while in BC. Saved ourselves ~$40 by doing that. ^^^

BTW, I also questioned/complained about the Resort Fee and it offering basically nothing extra that Diamonds don't already get, except the 2 waters in the room. The front desk guy said that we get UNLIMITED waters if we ask for more. Wow, thanks.

I asked if Diamonds at least get access to the spa facilities. He said no but he fished around the back and came up with 2 one-time access vouchers to use the Aqua Sanitas (?) spa facilities. So at least I got a little something from the $26 worth of Resort Fees I had to pay. But I certainly wouldn't expect that, he had to search fairly hard to find those vouchers, they didn't seem readily available for all Diamonds who question the Resort Fee and what's in it for them.
Old Sep 3, 09, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gregorygrady View Post
.....I learned my lesson last time so I just parked in the free garage. It turns out that garage has a door that goes directly into the PH BC elevators!! And the garage is the same one that PH BC uses for valeting cars.....
Good tip for the summer. However, I believe that garage is closed to self parking in the winter. It is valet only in the winter.
Old Sep 29, 09, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IC Plat AMB
We had a great stay here Sept 26, upgrade was to a slopeside room, very nice aspen views. Not up the international PH service, but acceptable @ $125 per nite. Free internet and breakfast coupons offered at check-in with the diamond amenity card. Small room, nice large bath, basic bath amenities.
Old Sep 29, 09, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Good tip for the summer. However, I believe that garage is closed to self parking in the winter. It is valet only in the winter.

Summer parking is incredibly easy there is no reason at all to valet. you can actually get your car quicker if you park it yourself for free.

Winter you can still park for free. There is still no reason you have to pay the NYC parking rates here when there is a very nice bus that will take you to your car even 24 hours a day. They will pick you up on call. Most people will never need a car with this location right in the village and slopeside anyway. even the town of Avon even Vail for a fee is accessible by bus if you need some variety on a long stay.
Old Oct 5, 09, 11:22 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
I got a promotional email with what seems to be a great rate

EXCEPTIONAL SAVINGS WITH RATES STARTING AT $149 AT COLORADO'S PREMIER SKI-IN/OUT RESORT

The recently renovated Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa offers an extraordinary escape with spectacular skiing and unforgettable amenities. This magnificent, chateau-style Vail resort perfectly incorporates its idyllic Colorado Rocky Mountain setting with impressive features including:

• High-speed gondola for a truly unique ski-in/ski-out experience with signature Ski Valet
• Renovated guest rooms, suites and Executive King rooms with breathtaking views
• Cozy fires for intimate gatherings in our new 8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill
• Soothing, renewing and innovative water-based treatments at the Allegria Spa
• Dog sledding, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and other recreational excursions
• Fly-in/ski-out with a convenient 30-minute transfer from Vail Airport

Hyatt Gold Passport™ members can enjoy exclusive rates starting at $149 during the winter's most sought after ski dates through April 11, 2010. Simply book your stay before October 31, 2009. For reservations, visit hyatt.com and request Offer Code GPSKI.
This is great in the middle of ski season. Blackout dates are December 18, 2009 – January 2, 2010, January 29 – 30, 2010, February 11 – 20, 2010.

I've done some digging though so far, and I haven't been able to find an actual $149 rate. Then again, I was only looking in late Feb/early Mar. I'll try some other dates later.
Old Oct 5, 09, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thc View Post
...EXCEPTIONAL SAVINGS WITH RATES STARTING AT $149 AT COLORADO'S PREMIER SKI-IN/OUT RESORT.....
$399 during spring break. A lot higher than $149 but still pretty good rate.
Old Dec 16, 09, 12:08 am

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
Have a stay coming up during Christmas. Anyone have any winter reports on this property?

Hoping that I won't be fighting for breakfast and other normal amenities during a Christmas stay.
Old Dec 24, 09, 10:02 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
Sitting in this property at the moment I give two thumbs up so far. Our FFN courtyard room turned into a lovely corner slopeside king. Upon just walking into the spa area and asking about the amenities we were handed complimentary aquanitas day passes. The complimentary full breakfast buffet was phenomenal this morning and we have enjoyed great responsive treatment from the staff. Expecting to see only one robe I only saw one in the closet, ordered another, then my wife found our second behind the bathroom door. Upon mention, turn down service brought extra bottles

Props to the PH BC so far and Merry Christmas!! (that's happy holidays for the pc out there )
Old Jan 29, 10, 8:56 pm

Any one have any experience with nanny service or baby care at this hotel for a small baby?
Old Mar 3, 10, 1:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Smile Ph bc 3/27-4/3

We just left the PH BC this morning after a great stay. We had 2 rooms using FFN. Each room was upgraded to a slopeside king. I received 2 amenity cards at check in and did not pay a resort fee. Breakfast in 8100 was comp every morning. They actually gave me 8 certificates valid for up to 4 people each. The bar service in 8100 was rather sluggish and we did not eat there other than breakfast. Overall the hotel and staff were great! The amenities and location cannot be beat.
Old Mar 10, 10, 7:36 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
If I'm doing an award stay, what type of room usually will be given and whether I can get RC access as a Diamond. Btw, is there a RC at this property?
Old Mar 10, 10, 7:37 am
Original Poster

The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch is in the Beaver Creek area and is a far superior hotel.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: