Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2023, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skj
Not new. Suite upgrade awards could never be used at PH BC. Look at the very 1st post, from February 2017, in this thread ... World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Tier Suite Upgrades] - FlyerTalk Forums
I applied one just a few months ago to PH BC.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1MM), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by badrabbit
I applied one just a few months ago to PH BC.
Few months ago it was still possible - not anymore. I have myself successfully applied suite upgrade for a stay back in Feb 2022. I have a reservation for the upcoming winter season and when I tried to apply suite upgrade I was initially told that no suites were available (despite the website showing availability). When I asked for a clarification, I was informed that the property no longer allows the use of suite upgrade awards.

If anyone has recent data points contrary to the above, would love to hear them.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I applied in in feb. Sad to see the growing list of excluded properties.

what’s w the Wichita prop being on that list? What am I missing?!
Old Jul 14, 2023, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dingo
I applied in in feb. Sad to see the growing list of excluded properties.

what’s w the Wichita prop being on that list? What am I missing?!
Yeah it’s super weird I’ve stayed at HR Wichita 3 times in the last year they do have a Standard Suite, the One Bedroom Suite, each time it’s mysteriously disappeared from inventory the day of check in. I think they have at least 3 of them too, plus a few premium suites. Not sure why this would be excluded at all not that I’d want to use it at a Cat 1, but still strange as it was never on the list before…
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: UA, Hyatt Globolist, Marriott Pla, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
Few months ago it was still possible - not anymore. I have myself successfully applied suite upgrade for a stay back in Feb 2022. I have a reservation for the upcoming winter season and when I tried to apply suite upgrade I was initially told that no suites were available (despite the website showing availability). When I asked for a clarification, I was informed that the property no longer allows the use of suite upgrade awards.

If anyone has recent data points contrary to the above, would love to hear them.

Same here. Tried to apply SUA for the winter travel. Told could not apply SUA any more in this location.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Yep. They’re exempted.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:46 am

I don't blame them either - they've only got a few of the fireside "suites", and they are 600 sqft rooms. All other suites are named premium suites.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
PH BC is way overhyped. It might be worth it for the Ski In- Ski Out aspect but this should be a HR max in terms of service..
  • We asked for the sofa bed to be made up and were informed "The linens and pillows are in the closet."
  • Breakfast here is borderline bad and has very little choice in terms of hot items. Service was terrible 3 out of 5 mornings.
  • Even the updated rooms feel dated. The bathrooms feel modern but the rest still feels like 1990 something.
  • Doormen are great and really the only ones that made this feel like a PH.
  • Housekeeping was just OK.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
We have stayed here the last two winters between Christmas and New Year's and both times got a room on points and used a Suite Night Award to confirm the 'fireside suite'. While not a true park hyatt caliber hotel being able to have a suite (even if it just winds up being a larger room with a fireplace) to accommodate a family of 4 on points during peak season right next to the slopes was truly remarkable. Our trips here will be missed!

We are giving the Hyatt Centric Park City a try for this year's ski trip. We are confirmed into a suite and will see how we like it compared to the Park Hyatt.

Last edited by beofotch; Sep 28, 2023 at 12:11 pm
Old Sep 28, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by davidcat86
Same here. Tried to apply SUA for the winter travel. Told could not apply SUA any more in this location.
as far back as I remember,they have always been on again off again with allowing the use of SUA’s
Dont ever remember them allowing during Ski Season. Mud season is typically best shot

Last edited by martinplas; Dec 21, 2023 at 5:43 am
Old Sep 28, 2023, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by beofotch
We have stayed here the last two winters between Christmas and New Year's and both times got a room on points and used a Suite Night Award to confirm the 'fireside suite'. While not a true park hyatt caliber hotel being able to have a suite (even if it just winds up being a larger room with a fireplace) to accommodate a family of 4 on points during peak season right next to the slopes was truly remarkable. Our trips here will be missed!

We are giving the Hyatt Centric Park City a try for this year's ski trip. We are confirmed into a suite and will see how we like it compared to the Park Hyatt.
The Hyatt Centric Park City is fantastic, your going to love it there. The room has more of a condo feel to it, the accommodations are nicer than the PH Beaver Creek and I've stayed in the Jack Scott and James Chadwick Suites which are two of the best rooms there and I'd still take one of the large one bedroom suites at the Centric any day. I also like the suites at the Grand Hyatt Vail but I will say there is nothing out there in the Hyatt network with better ski on ski off and village access than the PH Beaver Creek. It's a shame It's been price out. Hyatt corporate was probably sick of taking a beating on the point redemptions.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 8:39 pm

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
A handful of rooms now have renovated bathrooms

I booked 3 rooms (2 mountain view doubles 1 mountain view king) and expected all the rooms to have depressing bathrooms. Surprisingly one had a fully renovated bathroom. Apparently the hotel did some tests in the summer beforee renovating all rooms next summer. Fingers crossed

JohnnyP likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:42 pm

Currently in residence here, on a three night stay, booked using points. I do agree with the general consensus that this not a Park Hyatt, perhaps a Grand or Regency level.

First off, yes, the hotel is unsurprisingly packed. The staff that are here are working their socks off, and clearly harried.

The day before check-in, I got an email from the reservations team in the property saying that my room type that I had booked wasn’t available. However on the plus side, they would move us to a suite, but then have to do a move after the first night back to what was booked. Trade-off was a $150 credit and drinks coupons. Said ok, as not much alternative.

Room move came and went, bags never got delivered despite asking twice and waiting 90 mins so went down and got them ourselves.

Have asked for late check-out today and told the latest we do is 12.00 at this time, however they’re going to check with the manager. I’m going to point out that our room today wasn’t serviced till 15.00 after we got back from skiing anyway.

Breakfast is buffet, charged at $109 inc tax and tip for two, which I’m assuming will get wiped off as a Globalist. It’s totally rammed, and quality is so so.

So overall, yes the location is spot on. However quality and service is not worth the $1900/ni they were charging for a room, and just about worth the 45K points per night.

Not impressed.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 6:02 pm

This place is to Hyatt what the grand flora in rome or the champs was to Marriott. Flout the rules because demand is what demand is and crappy service won’t diminish that.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Dave_C
Breakfast is buffet, charged at $109 inc tax and tip for two, which I’m assuming will get wiped off as a Globalist. It’s totally rammed, and quality is so so
Were you able get this covered each day? I am wondering how the Globalist or GOH benefit currently works here for breakfast?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.