Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 12, 20, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Alpinetrekker View Post
I suppose this would hold true for Beaver Creek, but it's another metric in which the Escala Lodge in Park City doesn't feel like a Centric...it's quite distant from the "middle of the action" in downtown Park City. That's especially true in the non-ski season.
I definitely agree that HC Park City is distant from Park City downtown. Where most Hyatt Centrics are literally “in the middle of the action” (HC French Quarter, HC Waikiki, HC Magnificent Mile etc.), I definitely see Beaver Creek fitting into this Metric off season or in ski season. PH Beaver Creek just does not feel like a Park Hyatt in the sense of PH NYC or Chicago.

I know a lot of people on this forum have been disappointed by PH Beaver Creek not living up to Park Hyatt standards. I know for us the dining experience was well below our expectations for a Park Hyatt. Breakfast was average, I’d compare it to a HR Breakfast. It seemed the restaurant only stayed open for lunch or dinner on weekends as well which was another disappointment.

We were really wanting to try Flame (but they were closed for Covid or the season) at the Four Seasons in Vail for a special dinner has anyone tried them? Thinking for next time.
Old Nov 12, 20, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Beaver Creek and Park City are in different league. You cannot compare them.
Old Nov 12, 20, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Beaver Creek and Park City are in different league. You cannot compare them.
Lol you say they’re in a different league I don’t think so at all. I’ve compared their price points from Summer 2020 to Summer 2021 and they’re almost identical. Not to mention both are Category 7 Hyatt properties.

The Suites at HC Park City sell for $1,000,000+.

I definitely wouldn’t put them in different leagues at all, especially considering Park City has the all too famous Sundance Film Festival.
Old Nov 12, 20, 1:22 pm

OMG, why are you here commenting back and forth on what this property should be called? It's not up to you to discuss, that's the agreement between the owner and Hyatt. You guys, on the other hand, can decide to stay here or not.
TerryK, dpb132 and 59Impala like this.
Old Nov 12, 20, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
I just called the property today and learned that masks are required even outside (apparently a new BC mandate), and the hotel has "mask police" that will politely enforce it, even if standing alone. Also no room service or dinner in the restaurant at the hotel. That really changes the experience when charging such high rates. Anyone been in recent weeks?
Old Nov 12, 20, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
I just called the property today and learned that masks are required even outside (apparently a new BC mandate), and the hotel has "mask police" that will politely enforce it, even if standing alone. Also no room service or dinner in the restaurant at the hotel. That really changes the experience when charging such high rates. Anyone been in recent weeks?
Just left 2 days ago. Masks were worn inside the hotel and on property outside. In BC masks were hit or miss but it was off season. I suspect when the season starts it will be more enforced. Rates are fairly low pre-11/20.
Old Nov 15, 20, 1:23 am

Thanks for this -- have a stay booked in early January and this was my fear: the experience (which already isn't anywhere near PH standard) will be further stripped down to the point where it's just not worth the hassle, especially since I'd be flying from the east coast.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: