Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Another note of thanks for posting about the free underground parking garage - saved parking fees over a 2 night stay. We parked in the Gerald Ford lot, and ran into a valet when going up the stairs and he mentioned that there is no overnight parking in the free public garage. We checked and found no signage restricting overnight parking and we didnt have a problem parking overnight in the public lot for 2 nights. Great tip! ^

The hotel itself was so-so: we were coming from the Westin which is a truly beautiful resort. The PH in comparison seems run-down (although some might prefer the location in the center of Beaver Creek). The breakfast buffet on the first day was disappointing, esp the omelet station. We ordered off the menu the second day and had a much better experience.

Overall, the hotel was average - I would say it is probably not deserving of the PH flag.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by kingsubbu
Another note of thanks for posting about the free underground parking garage - saved parking fees over a 2 night stay. We parked in the Gerald Ford lot, and ran into a valet when going up the stairs and he mentioned that there is no overnight parking in the free public garage. We checked and found no signage restricting overnight parking and we didnt have a problem parking overnight in the public lot for 2 nights. Great tip! ^

The hotel itself was so-so: we were coming from the Westin which is a truly beautiful resort. The PH in comparison seems run-down (although some might prefer the location in the center of Beaver Creek). The breakfast buffet on the first day was disappointing, esp the omelet station. We ordered off the menu the second day and had a much better experience.

Overall, the hotel was average - I would say it is probably not deserving of the PH flag.
I wonder if the Hyatt Beaver Creek staff have made it a habit of lying to customers about the parking situation, or if the city really has a rule against overnight parking that they don't enforce (I assume the latter)
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 4aks
I wonder if the Hyatt Beaver Creek staff have made it a habit of lying to customers about the parking situation, or if the city really has a rule against overnight parking that they don't enforce (I assume the latter)
Yes, the latter. I emailed the city office and confirmed no overnight parking.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by TerryK
Yes, the latter. I emailed the city office and confirmed no overnight parking.
Ok, good

FYI - this property is featured this week on http://www.vacationist.com ~30% off regular rates from now through September

Last edited by 4aks; Jul 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
You would have my condolences but don't call if you get towed, but it appeared we were nowhere near the only people parking overnight. Some of the hotels did not seem to have their own parking facility and that was the only garage that was open. Then again we were there on a very slow weekend, and from how much the rate has gone up that has changed. Guess all of Texas is sick of being in Texas in July and went to Colorado. Maybe drive by and ask the guy on the non-hotel side first, or see if there is a sign.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
Spent another memorial day weekend there - hotel service was great all around - never had to wait more than a few minutes for any housekeeping items, room service etc. Restaurant service improved since last year but food selection and quality remain pretty below average for the price. I assume the kitchen is staffed by temps in the off season. They have mid week special - an entree + glass of wine for $20 (was not available when i was there). The spa has specials as well - $100 for 50 min and a few others. The only complaint i have is about their basic internet quality - it was incredibly slow. Not sure if premium one is included for diamonds but i would suggest using that one. Underground parking was free - enter Gerald Ford lot, park all the way at the end and walk out on the other side - PH elevator will be to the left just past valet entrance.

Note that right now there is a lot of construction outside - not noisy but lots of workers and equipment.
Reading some of the older posts, it seems that the area becomes pretty quiet after the ski season and the outdoor activities don't start until the summer. How are things during Memorial Day weekend? Are things picking up around that time?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kenbo
Reading some of the older posts, it seems that the area becomes pretty quiet after the ski season and the outdoor activities don't start until the summer. How are things during Memorial Day weekend? Are things picking up around that time?
No - hotels is very quiet - we went there last two Memorial days. Both times though there was some sort of large BBQ event in the village making things quite lively outside.
The side effect is that service quality (especially at the restaurant) goes down significantly - they seem to hire a lot of temps during shoulder season.
Also the weather can be quite unpredictable - it actually snowed briefly this year.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Has anyone tried using a diamond suite upgrade?

We're considering a one night Stay on a Friday night, skiing Saturday and then heading back to Denver for Saturday night.

Would this be a good choice for my family...this will be my boys first time skiing...they are 5 1/2 and 7.

Thanks for any input.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Has anyone tried using a diamond suite upgrade?...
No, because it won't work.

Upgrade awards are not available at Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Paris-Madeleine, Park Hyatt Sydney and Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Summerfield Suites or Hyatt Residence Group resorts.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
No, because it won't work.
Oops!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: SkyMiles Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premiere, United Premiere, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
2012 Ski Season

has anyone stayed there in the current ski season? any updates to the resort?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by mstrg325
has anyone stayed there in the current ski season? any updates to the resort?
How about any ideas to get a good rate? Looks like AAA rate is $539 in low season Feb, and includes breakfast - but there's a mandatory resort charge for internet, water, etc - so what benefits to Diamonds get?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seacarl
......Looks like AAA rate is $539 in low season Feb, and includes breakfast....
Low season Feb in a ski resort?

They waive resort fee for Diamonds staying on awards, not for paid rates.

Last edited by TerryK; Jan 27, 2012 at 10:02 pm
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold

+1 ^
Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:47 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors

Generally from about Jan 5 - after the Christmas/New Years peak - until the week before President's Day is a shoulder season. Then from President's Day weekend until late March is peak. That's because, on the one hand, families with kids in school or college cannot travel, and on the other hand, the weather is not so great.

It's kind of painful, if you are on a paid stay, to pay a resort fee for things that are already complimentary for diamonds, like internet, fitness center, and a bottle of water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.