Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 21, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by blase
I'm taking my hubby to Colorado for his 40th bday May 28 - June 5. We're doing 2 nights in Denver and then three nights in Estes Park at a home that we're renting. But between the two, we need a destination for three nights, so I was thinking of the Hyatt Beaver Creek. FHR has a great deal right now for this property where you pay for two nights and get the third free, in addition to their regular benefits ($100 property credit, upgrade, etc.). I'm also trying to requal for diamond and a stay here would definitely help.

DH and I don't ski anyway, so I'm trying to determine if this is the type of place that only skiiers go to? Would you say there is enough to "do" here and in the immediate environs at that time of year? What will the Village be like? For example, I was reading about a slopeside restaurant that sounded good, but I doubt that will be open anymore in early June.

Guess there are a lot of questions here, but I'm just not sure if I'm "wasting" my time staying in a place like Beaver Creek when we don't even ski, and are going in off-season.
I would suggest you find some other place in Colorado. I spent one night there off season and found it dearly disappointing... I had planned to go for my birthday but have chosen to stay somewhere else instead.
Old May 21, 2011, 10:32 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I would suggest you find some other place in Colorado. I spent one night there off season and found it dearly disappointing... I had planned to go for my birthday but have chosen to stay somewhere else instead.
But the OP asking about whether any worthed, time consuming, fun, and exciting (except skiing) activities at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek in off-season?

Last edited by HaryoS; May 21, 2011 at 10:38 pm
Old May 22, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by HaryoS
But the OP asking about whether any worthed, time consuming, fun, and exciting (except skiing) activities at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek in off-season?
That is what I was addressing. Unless things change dramatically between April and May, there were no outdoors activities available when I stayed. Add the fact that the diamond breakfast was a meager choice at the only cafe open in the morning, that the parking is only valet parking for $25 and that you have to pay a $20 resort fee and the whole deal felt like it was not worth it and that I should have spent that money somewhere else.
Old May 22, 2011, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd recommend 3 nts at Four seasons Vail - they have third night free promo and no annoying fees. FHR or Virtuoso benefits include breakfasts which i suspect are much better than the pathetic offseason hyatt offering.
Old May 23, 2011, 5:47 am
Suspended

This place does become dead when Beaver Creek closes and becomes an actual ghost town when nearby skiing at Vail ends which is usually a week or two later.

It stays very quiet many restaurants and shops in the village are even closed and not much going on until actual summer then it reopens with mountain biking, hiking and lots of things to do again. In between on both ends of ski season non-summer its dead there. Beside the fall foliage there isnt much to do and almost all the hotels are pretty empty non-summer and non-ski season. I always wondered why they don't offer some type of reduced points in the off season but gold passport dosn't seem to offer that. 27,000 points is really a rip off in the off season here.
Old May 23, 2011, 9:56 am

I would agree Beaver Creek is a little quiet post ski season. The summer months can be beautiful and activity picks up a little. The Hyatt vacation club property in Aspen might be an alternative if you are looking for a Hyatt property where there may be a little more going on at this time of year. The $20 resort fee and charge for parking adds a hefty percentage when room rates are in the low to mid $100 range.
Old May 24, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
The $20 resort fee and charge for parking adds a hefty percentage when room rates are in the low to mid $100 range.
Are any of these fees waived for Diamonds?
Old May 24, 2011, 10:05 am

I didn't enquire about either parking or the resort fee being waived. The resort fee at both this property and many other resort properties does seem to add very little benefit to diamond members:

"Resort fee of $20 (includes tax) per room per nt includes Fitness Center access, High Speed Internet, Local and 800 calls, Incoming and outgoing faxes, Bottled Water upon arrival and replenished at turndown, Smores Happy Hour daily from 4pm-5pm and With the purchase of a spa treatment, complimentary Aqua Sanitas access."

So as a diamond member you are essentially paying $20 for Smores which depending on how much you like Smores, may or may not be a good deal.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:38 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
So as a diamond member you are essentially paying $20 for Smores which depending on how much you like Smores, may or may not be a good deal.
The s'mores are really excellent, with several flavors of homemade marshmallows and a choice of light and dark chocolates. I'm not sure how I'd feel if I ate $20 worth of them, though ...
Old May 24, 2011, 12:10 pm

I just got an email with an interesting summer/fall offer for this property:

Escape to the magnificent Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa and enjoy the perfect summer getaway in the breathtaking Colorado Rocky Mountains. As part of an exclusive offer for Hyatt Gold Passport® members, you can enjoy:
• Accommodations, reminiscent of a modern mountain lodge, starting at USD$99 per night
• USD$50 off all Allegria Spa services, including soothing, renewing and innovative water-based treatments
• Beautiful mountain views and al fresco dining at 8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill
• White-water rafting, fly fishing, golfing, hiking and other recreational excursions

To take advantage of this offer, make your reservation by June 14, 2011, for stays through November 24, 2011. Be sure to request Offer Code GPSP when making your reservation.
Old May 24, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by DealDetective
I just got an email with an interesting summer/fall offer for this property:
I received the same email - I had just booked this hotel for a stay in July when it was on sale during the 48 hour sale last week. The rates under this offer were ~$40 a night lower so I got in touch with my PL rep to request if I could switch my reservation to this rate. The hotel agreed to switch my reservation to the lower rate in spite of it being a nonrefundable rate originally (as a courtesy to a Diamond member). Excellent customer service all around ^
Old May 24, 2011, 3:26 pm

GPSP pricing

USD$99 valid May 24, 2011 – June 27, 2011 and September 25, 2011 – November 24, 2011

USD$139 valid June 30, 2011 – September 24, 2011

During the dates with $99 pricing, Park Fireside suites were showing as available for $169 a night - availability of these does seem though somewhat limited.
Old May 26, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
USD$99 valid May 24, 2011 – June 27, 2011 and September 25, 2011 – November 24, 2011

USD$139 valid June 30, 2011 – September 24, 2011

During the dates with $99 pricing, Park Fireside suites were showing as available for $169 a night - availability of these does seem though somewhat limited.
We stay in the Fireside suite in April for $179 and the third night free. It is was just awesome. We had one of the larger fireside suites and had a perfect view of the ice rink. The suites with a view of the slopes are smaller.

This suite goes for over $1,000 during peak ski season.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spent another memorial day weekend there - hotel service was great all around - never had to wait more than a few minutes for any housekeeping items, room service etc. Restaurant service improved since last year but food selection and quality remain pretty below average for the price. I assume the kitchen is staffed by temps in the off season. They have mid week special - an entree + glass of wine for $20 (was not available when i was there). The spa has specials as well - $100 for 50 min and a few others. The only complaint i have is about their basic internet quality - it was incredibly slow. Not sure if premium one is included for diamonds but i would suggest using that one. Underground parking was free - enter Gerald Ford lot, park all the way at the end and walk out on the other side - PH elevator will be to the left just past valet entrance.

Note that right now there is a lot of construction outside - not noisy but lots of workers and equipment.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Thanks for Saving Me the Parking Fee

Originally Posted by azepine00
Underground parking was free - enter Gerald Ford lot, park all the way at the end and walk out on the other side - PH elevator will be to the left just past valet entrance.
I hate tack-on posts and this is one, but for those who have never been here before like me, follow the "All Public Parking" sign up Village Drive. Gerald R. Ford lot is I recall the second on the left and is marked on the front. The floor you enter on from Village Drive is under the floor the Hyatt reserved parking is on. I never found an elevator but you can take a stairs in the back one floor to the Hyatt parking floor and there is a side door to the Hyatt elevator.

Echoing the above, the breakfast buffet was quite good. The omelet station guy was obviously new and learning, but he could already cook good food. Precious little to do but crash. The did fire up a lift for the weekend and for $29 you could get all-day rides and lunch. Really high chair lift but that is about it, which is why I still like the tourist-trap frontier look of Breckenridge better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.