Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by lsed
Haven't had the chance to try the HR, but I am looking forward to it when I do have a transit in IST. I would consider it more of an airport hotel.
IST is huge and the traffic conditions are usually quite bad. It can easily take an hour to get from the airport to the GH / PH.
But if you are going to be there for a few days, I think the HR will be too far away from the sights.

I did mention at checkout and the staff wrote it down on a piece of paper. Two days later I filled in the survey online and the GM wrote an email to me to apologize about the issues I faced.
I wasn't expecting any compensation so I didn't push it further.

GH location near Taksim is great if you plan to take the funicular and the metro to the old town.
PH is has more cafes and boutiques and it's a nicer area to hang out when you're done with the sightseeing over on the old town.
Thank you Ised.
I might stay first at GH if it is closer to the old town since I'll only have two full days to visit and two more later.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 10:16 am

Does anyone know if the property has outlets that work with US style power plugs? Or should I bring an adapter?

Do any of the rooms have USB outlets to charge phones, for example?

Thanks.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 3:01 am

I stayed here in June and didn't see any USB outlets. I used my personal adapter but there may have been one in the room. I'm sure the front desk would have extras available.

I thought the "Low Tech Kit" was neat and something different; took it as a souvenir.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by lunareze
I thought the "Low Tech Kit" was neat and something different; took it as a souvenir.
What is this?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
What is this?
It's a branded wooden box with a pencil, pencil sharpener and eraser inside. It's in the same vein as a branded hotel pen but something different.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by lunareze
It's a branded wooden box with a pencil, pencil sharpener and eraser inside. It's in the same vein as a branded hotel pen but something different.
That's cool! Are you supposed to take it or...
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Got my wife and I booked for a couple of separate stays here during our honeymoon. Wanted to burn a DSU, but it sounds like the suites may be hit-or-miss.

We picked the GH for location and convenience, but is there something about the PH that would make it special for couples?

(And incidentally, with a 6am flight to go home, we're staying at the HR beforehand).
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
That's cool! Are you supposed to take it or...
It's the same as taking a (slightly nicer, maybe PH) pen in my mind. It's definitely a cheap, mass made item that they change out after guest use (the eraser was in packaging and the sharpener was never used). It's not a hand made stained oak box or anything close.

Last edited by lunareze; Aug 20, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Old Aug 23, 2015, 1:20 am

Has anyone stayed here recently as a Diamond? How is the Club (I am assuming that is also where breakfast is)?
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, BA Silver
Diamond at the Grand Hyatt

Just returned from a weekend stay. Diamond will probably get you an upgrade to a very nice Club Room. The club is open from early to about 11pm. Very nice staff. Breakfast variety is huge plus they offer a menu of hot options which is very nice. Evening has many Turkish sweets, salads, cold sandwiches and drinks with nice local and European wines. Would have like hot options.
Spa is lovely and the pool is more a resort with great pool waiter service than your usual city hotel.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:50 pm

I was given a club room too during my P+C stay as a diamond member.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by mdskyguy
Just returned from a weekend stay. Diamond will probably get you an upgrade to a very nice Club Room. The club is open from early to about 11pm. Very nice staff. Breakfast variety is huge plus they offer a menu of hot options which is very nice. Evening has many Turkish sweets, salads, cold sandwiches and drinks with nice local and European wines. Would have like hot options.
Spa is lovely and the pool is more a resort with great pool waiter service than your usual city hotel.
+1
We had "Melih" as our pool waiter and he was the best.
We also had him at Restaurant 34 and enjoyed the excellent service from the entire staff.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:18 am

Staying here now. I used a DSU and got a great room. Very large living room with a kitchen (!) including stove, microwave/convection oven, fridge. Bedroom with on suite bathroom. It is a corner room. The only downside is not much of a view. It is room 416 if anyone is interested in requesting it. Twin beds (although we ended up with three beds in the room).

Finished my stay, here is my review: http://singleflyer.com/2015/09/01/gr...-hotel-review/

Last edited by Single_Flyer; Sep 4, 2015 at 12:09 am Reason: Added review.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Question if anyone knows the answer....

If I use a DSU and have club access, does the breakfast amenity allow me to eat breakfast in the restaurant, or do I have to eat in the Club? I ask because I will be there with my kids, and while I will have 2 rooms, I'm only using one DSU. Don't know if both will get access to the lounge...and they like kid stuff anyway (waffles, pancakes, etc.).
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by h8stn4d
Question if anyone knows the answer....

If I use a DSU and have club access, does the breakfast amenity allow me to eat breakfast in the restaurant, or do I have to eat in the Club? I ask because I will be there with my kids, and while I will have 2 rooms, I'm only using one DSU. Don't know if both will get access to the lounge...and they like kid stuff anyway (waffles, pancakes, etc.).
When I was there it was breakfast in the club only. If you are using a DSU, doesn't that mean you are a Diamond? You should be able to the Club and bring your family no problem; unless I am missing something.

I used a DSU by the way when I was there. Got a nice big room -- the bedroom had two twin beds and an on-suite, the living room had a fold out couch and an extra double bed they had brought in. Also a small kitchen and half bath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.