Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (Grand Champions -Palm Springs, CA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (Grand Champions -Palm Springs, CA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:07 pm

In the low season --summers--they have some low rates during the week.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Hyatt Indian Wells

Iam planning on spending 4 days at Indian Wells this summer in Aug was going to use a Diamond Upgrade Cert, then this week got e mail saying some of the hotel and the Penthouse suite floor will be closed for summer. Anyone know what the upgrade with a Diamond Suite upgrade cert is if that floor is closed, as that is the usual upgrade with a cert.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 5:02 am

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential
not sure

I am sure that the Regency Club and the higher level rooms do shut down from July to Labor Day weekend. Save you cert for somewhere else. Drive over to the new Park Hyatt Resort in Carlsbad for the upgrade and much cooler weather.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I had a resevation for this past week and used a diamond upgrade, I was told I was in a penthouse suite. I ended up having a change of plans and cancelling so didn't pursue...but is it possible only some of the penthouse suites are closed?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 5:47 pm

Indian Wells

I think they said the Penthouse Floor and lobby bar is closed July 7th - Sept 10th
Old Jun 16, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS, BA-Gold
Originally Posted by rntraveller
I think they said the Penthouse Floor and lobby bar is closed July 7th - Sept 10th
Is this every year or for renovations? If there's no lounge, do they do breakfast certs for diamonds? I may be staying there early Aug as well.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 9:00 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
From the reservations page:

Starting June 7th to September 19th, 2010 Hyatt Grand Champions lobby lounge and 26 penthouse suites will be closed for improvements. Beverage service will be available at an alternative bar located in the lobby in addition to the Oasis Bar and Roadrunner Grill. All other food and beverage outlets, suites and villas will be available during this time.

I have asked my Private Line Rep about confirmed upgrade certs vis-a-vis the renovations. I expect to hear back tomorrow and will post what I find out. I too have a stay planned at the end of July here.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I was there last week and due to the construction, I was given breakfast in the restaurant. I was also offered a suite (declined due to the long walk) so apparently there are other suites in the complex besides the penthouse.

Well maintained property, if a bit dated in the guest room. Lots of kids, so not relaxing if you're there for some R & R.

Fitness Center was very good, and the attached spa looked great. They were offering some specials for the slow summer period.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
I would just like to say THANK YOU Hyatt Grand Champions, and thank you Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge!!

I just finished a 3 night, 2 room stay this past week there, and made out with a very nice haul of points, besides my fantastic stay.

For anyone who is interested:

Being my 2nd time staying here in the past few months, I was able to use the Promo Code: TNKU, which gives 1 night free (on a minimum 2 night stay). I also used the G3 bonus for this room. And I booked the 3rd night at the AAA rate for maximum cost savings.

For the 2nd room, I was allowed to book under their discount "family plan" which gave me all 3 nights at a very nice low rate, and also allowed to use the promo code GC5K (5,000 bonus points for any stay of 3 nights or more).

Also being my 6th stay at Hyatt, got another 5k bonus points from their BWB promo.

Total point haul:
5k (GC5K), 1.5K (G3), 5K (BWB), 2,768 (Base Points), 415 (15% Plat Bonus) = 14,683

Of course some of the points didnt post properly after the stay, as expected for a complicated reservation, but a quick email to GP Concierge and everything fixed in less than 12 hours!

Was given free breakfast due to construction (both rooms, all 3 days), and as a Plat, free parking and free WiFi.

Total stay was about $800, but paying all in CostCo certs, my actual cost was around $660. That essentially works out all-in to $110/night/room, which for this property is a steal in my opinion.

I think I did pretty darn well, never mind the weather was absolutely perfect and we had fantastic time!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:28 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by luxury
I have asked my Private Line Rep about confirmed upgrade certs vis-a-vis the renovations. I expect to hear back tomorrow and will post what I find out. I too have a stay planned at the end of July here.
Apparently, confirmed diamond suite upgrade certificates will upgrade into Hospitality Suites according to my Private Line representative during the renos of the Penthouse Suites.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
ICheckin was very disorganized. In front of me were two guys who couldn't be too much older than high school checking in.... room party?

Diamond upgrade to pool view room. Nothing spectacular. Rooms a bit dated.

Of course there is the high resort fee....that includes wireless internet. So in a way, diamonds are paying for internet via the resort fee.

They apparently charge for parking too...they told me that it would be waived for me as a diamond benefit. Generally speaking, to charge for parking (at a suburban property) and a 25$ resort fee is a bit over the top if you ask me. I'm lucky not to be paying the parking...

As others have said, the lounge is closed... will we get those 2500 pts for a closed regency club? Breakfast vouchers provided.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 2:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Renard
Of course there is the high resort fee....that includes wireless internet. So in a way, diamonds are paying for internet via the resort fee.

They apparently charge for parking too...they told me that it would be waived for me as a diamond benefit. Generally speaking, to charge for parking (at a suburban property) and a 25$ resort fee is a bit over the top if you ask me. I'm lucky not to be paying the parking...

As others have said, the lounge is closed... will we get those 2500 pts for a closed regency club? Breakfast vouchers provided.
I discussed the issue with upper management at the GC last year and at least they followed my recommendation to waive the parking charges for Diamond members. The real problem is that their regular summer rates ( around $ 80 ) actually become $ 120+, if you include parking ( hardly any option not to park or alternatives close by ) and the resort fee, which has very limited value for Diamond members.

Add the closed RC ( and this summer the Penthouse Suites renovation ) and GC is overpriced and not a real good value for Diamond members.

2500 points for closed RC will be awarded.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS, BA-Gold
Originally Posted by luxury
From the reservations page:

Starting June 7th to September 19th, 2010 Hyatt Grand Champions lobby lounge and 26 penthouse suites will be closed for improvements. Beverage service will be available at an alternative bar located in the lobby in addition to the Oasis Bar and Roadrunner Grill. All other food and beverage outlets, suites and villas will be available during this time.

Thanks for the info. A few years ago I stayed here for a few nights. I had no status but got a hospitality suite. It was ok, good get together with some friends. I may stay there early Aug again.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 8:19 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by FD1971
I discussed the issue with upper management at the GC last year and at least they followed my recommendation to waive the parking charges for Diamond members. The real problem is that their regular summer rates ( around $ 80 ) actually become $ 120+, if you include parking ( hardly any option not to park or alternatives close by ) and the resort fee, which has very limited value for Diamond members.

Add the closed RC ( and this summer the Penthouse Suites renovation ) and GC is overpriced and not a real good value for Diamond members.

2500 points for closed RC will be awarded.
I switched back to the Hyatt R Suites downtown over the past year or so.I prefer the location and the rooms are in much better condition since the renovation
The downside is no Regency Club which is excellent at GC.When the club is closed at the GC and one gets diamond vouchers for breakfast I find the breakfast to be not as good or as generous as the club and just a tad better than downtown. Both leave something to be desired
The renovation if done well at the GC could bring me back but the problem for me was the hotel is 30 minutes out of my way in each direction,the resort fee annoying,and the rooms previously in dated condition especially the bathrooms.If they do it right this could be an it property again between a great suite (providing that doesn't change in the future) and the Regency Club
Glad to hear they are renovating.Team members at the GC have always been more inspired and friendly than the Downtown property on average and the mangagement first class to the guests ^

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 20, 2010 at 9:16 am
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:07 am

Grand Champions

What are the Hospitality Suites like? how many beds etc, dont want to waste an upgrade cert if its much like the regular Regency Club rooms

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.