Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (Grand Champions -Palm Springs, CA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (Grand Champions -Palm Springs, CA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 6, 2023, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Got an email recently about our upcoming stay and still lots of renovations taking place. Sounds like it will last through summer 2024. I posted in the Manchester Grand Hyatt thread asking about using a SUA there as I haven't had them before. Was going to ask about whether using one here for a four night stay would be a good use, but when I look at our dates, I don't see any for sale, which kind of answers my question. i do see the villas available, but I'm guessing those are available for SUA's or Globalist upgrades. I'll provide some updates when on property of what the renovation status looks like.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Is there still a lot of constructions?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 1:41 pm

Hi all! In the process of our four night stay here so thought I'd share a bit on our stay. This is our first time here so I can't compare to pre-construction to highlight any differences. Overall, it's been a great stay! Service has been super friendly and everyone very helpful and prompt in fulfilling any requests. Leading up to our stay we had multiple emails and texts highlighting construction progress and areas that are open. The morning of check in I received a text to let me know we had been upgraded to a one bedroom villa from our 2 queen room we had booked (3 adults and paying cash for our stay). So excited for the upgrade! Since the villa is on the backside of the resort behind the pools they offer a golf cart shuttle. We've only used twice; once a check-in with our luggage and once after shopping at Costco to pick up some wines and snacks for the room. Check-in was quick and our room was ready then at 1 PM, which was nice. i was recognized as a Globalist, but didn't have my amenities explained nor was I offered late-check out. Yesterday stopped by the front desk to request late check out and was told for sure i could have 1 PM, but would need to ask morning of if I needed later.

The room is about 1100 sq. ft. and has a private patio with our own hot tub which has been great to use, especially at night. We love the room and it's perfect for us three. Bathroom has two sinks, separate wash closet, a big soaking tub and a huge separate shower with a rain shower head, hand wand, and two horizontal nozzles in the wall that are pretty powerful. Bedroom in the villa has a king bed with two nightstands and a dresser. Only main complaint from the bedroom is one nightstand doesn't have any power outlets nearby so needed to move a small table close to the side wall so we could plug in items on that side of the bed. Also, a bay window type setup that looks out to the side of the patio, but because. of their angles not very dark in the morning with the shades drawn. Overall, the room is great, but could use a refresh. Nothing too worn or anything but it is showing it's age.

Other parts of the hotel and construction...... The lazy river and waterslides are open, as well as the small pool and hot tub. Water was pretty warm, which was nice. The other pool area (I think the adult pool?) is closed and has 6-7. ft tall wood wall around it, though we haven't heard any construction there. Walking in the main hotel entrance is a small lobby with the marketplace to the right. The restaurant (Lantana) is closed and they have a makeshift breakfast room set up in a conference room on the second floor. You use a hallway back behind the main desk to access it. We've only had breakfast onsite, so can't comment on the bar area or food in the evening.

I used the fitness center one morning and it' been moved from the spa building to a conference room in the convention center building separate from the hotel. Pretty basic with a few treadmills and elipticals and two pelotons. A few weight machines and free weights as well. Pretty basic but was able to get in some exercise.

For breakfast it's a pretty basic setup with 4-5 hot options (eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage and a rotating item like breakfast burritos) and also an oatmeal station. There is also some breads and basic pastries as well as fresh fruit and some yogurt. At your table you can fill out a slip for a made to order omelette or a choice of two eggs cooked to order. Food has been okay, nothing special. Service has been great and we had the same server two days in a row and he remembered our names and drinks.

As far as other construction I haven't heard very much. I did hear a small amount of banging when I was in the bathroom by breakfast, but otherwise haven't heard anything. Of course being out in the villa may factor into that. Overall, it's been a great stay with great weather (though cloudy today unfortunately) and a perfect escape for us from the rain and cold. As I said above service has been great and friendly. During our stay it's been really quiet here. Out at the pool we've maybe seen 20 people at a time and breakfast maybe 30 or so. We definitely have the run of the place and feel like it's our own place! if anything changes or anything else to note, I'll update this in the near future.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jed33d
Hi all! In the process of our four night stay here so thought I'd share a bit on our stay. This is our first time here so I can't compare to pre-construction to highlight any differences. Overall, it's been a great stay! Service has been super friendly and everyone very helpful and prompt in fulfilling any requests. Leading up to our stay we had multiple emails and texts highlighting construction progress and areas that are open. The morning of check in I received a text to let me know we had been upgraded to a one bedroom villa from our 2 queen room we had booked (3 adults and paying cash for our stay). So excited for the upgrade! Since the villa is on the backside of the resort behind the pools they offer a golf cart shuttle. We've only used twice; once a check-in with our luggage and once after shopping at Costco to pick up some wines and snacks for the room. Check-in was quick and our room was ready then at 1 PM, which was nice. i was recognized as a Globalist, but didn't have my amenities explained nor was I offered late-check out. Yesterday stopped by the front desk to request late check out and was told for sure i could have 1 PM, but would need to ask morning of if I needed later.

The room is about 1100 sq. ft. and has a private patio with our own hot tub which has been great to use, especially at night. We love the room and it's perfect for us three. Bathroom has two sinks, separate wash closet, a big soaking tub and a huge separate shower with a rain shower head, hand wand, and two horizontal nozzles in the wall that are pretty powerful. Bedroom in the villa has a king bed with two nightstands and a dresser. Only main complaint from the bedroom is one nightstand doesn't have any power outlets nearby so needed to move a small table close to the side wall so we could plug in items on that side of the bed. Also, a bay window type setup that looks out to the side of the patio, but because. of their angles not very dark in the morning with the shades drawn. Overall, the room is great, but could use a refresh. Nothing too worn or anything but it is showing it's age.

Other parts of the hotel and construction...... The lazy river and waterslides are open, as well as the small pool and hot tub. Water was pretty warm, which was nice. The other pool area (I think the adult pool?) is closed and has 6-7. ft tall wood wall around it, though we haven't heard any construction there. Walking in the main hotel entrance is a small lobby with the marketplace to the right. The restaurant (Lantana) is closed and they have a makeshift breakfast room set up in a conference room on the second floor. You use a hallway back behind the main desk to access it. We've only had breakfast onsite, so can't comment on the bar area or food in the evening.

I used the fitness center one morning and it' been moved from the spa building to a conference room in the convention center building separate from the hotel. Pretty basic with a few treadmills and elipticals and two pelotons. A few weight machines and free weights as well. Pretty basic but was able to get in some exercise.

For breakfast it's a pretty basic setup with 4-5 hot options (eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage and a rotating item like breakfast burritos) and also an oatmeal station. There is also some breads and basic pastries as well as fresh fruit and some yogurt. At your table you can fill out a slip for a made to order omelette or a choice of two eggs cooked to order. Food has been okay, nothing special. Service has been great and we had the same server two days in a row and he remembered our names and drinks.

As far as other construction I haven't heard very much. I did hear a small amount of banging when I was in the bathroom by breakfast, but otherwise haven't heard anything. Of course being out in the villa may factor into that. Overall, it's been a great stay with great weather (though cloudy today unfortunately) and a perfect escape for us from the rain and cold. As I said above service has been great and friendly. During our stay it's been really quiet here. Out at the pool we've maybe seen 20 people at a time and breakfast maybe 30 or so. We definitely have the run of the place and feel like it's our own place! if anything changes or anything else to note, I'll update this in the near future.
This is good news thanks for sharing, we are going in February and I have been a little concerned about the construction going on there.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
About to do a stay here tonight and got an upgrade message in the app. The upgrade is for a 1 King Bed with Golf View Deluxe, not the usual Penthouse suite folks have been getting in this thread. Upon asking via text they claim none of the suites are available at the moment due to renovations. A bit of a bummer but I do see that reflected in inventory online - none of the suites are bookable at the moment for a good several days. I asked about the villa too, and they say not only are they sold out but those are not part of the complimentary upgrades either.

I also didn't get a late checkout at 4pm in app as an option, only until 1pm. Like someone has mentioned here, they ask that I check with front desk the morning of to see if I can push it back more.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 2:34 pm

All that they are saying sounds correct. Many of the Penthouse Suite upgrades are probably also ppl who applied Confirmed Suite Upgrade certs to their reservation in advance. And 4pm late checkout isn't guaranteed at Resorts like this one.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 11:08 pm

We were there last week and the cart drivers confirmed all the suites seem to be under renovation, hence our upgrade to a villa. We didn't get confirmation of that upgrade until morning of check in. Also was not asked at check in about late check out and asked part way through stay and told 1 PM but to check on day of check out for later.

Not sure if advertised or known by ohers but at check out was told they are rebranding to Grand Hyatt after renovations are done. Have to see how that plays out.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:08 pm

Just stayed here for three nights. I was a little hesitant as the property is under renovations but other than the restaurants being in conference rooms you could hardly tell the property is being worked on. We used a suite award and were upgraded to one of the newly renovated presidential suites, the room came out great, we loved it. The terrace area is amazing and the room has two bathrooms. We faced the golf course rather than the pool which I preferred due the golf course side being quieter.

Breakfast at Lantana was in a conference room as I mentioned but wasn't bad. We did have to venture off property each night for dinner as the food options here are not great right now but that is certainly not a deal breaker. There are a lot of good restaurants close by. The pool area is nice but looks MUCH better than it is in the photos. We actually liked the regular pool area best, my son who is 12, thought the water slides were slow and overrated.

The other thing to keep in mind is that downtown Palm Springs is a 35 minute drive from this hotel in Indian Wells. I've never been to the Palm Springs area before, looking at a map each town appears close but this area is much more spread out than I originally thought. I'm not a golfer so this is probably a one and done visit to the area but I did like this hotel more than I expected and would definitely return if I ever came back this way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.