Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (Grand Champions -Palm Springs, CA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (Grand Champions -Palm Springs, CA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum,
Its actually better for them to forget to give you the amenity points because Hyatt gives you a 50% bonus if you have to ask for them. 1500 points is always better than 1000 especially since its just a phone call away.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Travelzoo has this for as low as $95+ during this summer, arrival until September 10, with some blackouts.

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals...z_adid=2030911

[I have no connection with Travelzoo or Hyatt.]
Old May 27, 2015, 11:12 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Firewind
Travelzoo has this for as low as $95+ during this summer, arrival until September 10, with some blackouts.

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals...z_adid=2030911

[I have no connection with Travelzoo or Hyatt.]
Aren't you the owner of Travelzoo?
Bloody hot there in summer. Fry eggs on the hood of your car and burn them
Resort fees and parking extra I presume!
Old May 27, 2015, 11:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Always.... but a slight discount for Diamonds...
Old May 27, 2015, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Always.... but a slight discount for Diamonds...
Its a tough sell to me
Hyatt Regency waives the resort fee and with the new Andaz and Kimpton property coming its going to be even less of chance of staying there in the future.
Everything is spread out @ Hyatt Indian Wells and takes time to navigate
As much as I like the property the added costs and ones time productivity during ones stay its hard for me to justify staying there
Unless nothing planned and taking guests there who may appreciate the grounds/experience
The price is certainly right with the sale but it wont be that rate when I visit
Old May 27, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Aren't you the owner of Travelzoo?
Bloody hot there in summer. Fry eggs on the hood of your car and burn them

Deal says "Reduced resort fee of $10 (reg. $23)". But really, I'm not trying to sell it! I put these - Groupons, Livingsocial, Gilt etc. - here when I see them to try to balance my rants about other stuff.

Last edited by Firewind; May 27, 2015 at 12:15 pm
Old May 27, 2015, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind

Deal says "Reduced resort fee of $10 (reg. $23)". But really, I'm not trying to sell it! I put these - Groupons, Livingsocial, Gilt etc. - here when I see them to try to balance my rants about other stuff.
If I see you living in the 50 million dollar penthouse on 57th street I'll know you profited off my booking
A good deal for the property thanks for reading the fine print
If I need to burn with my fair skin this summer I'm in
The balanced rant dept
Old May 27, 2015, 7:22 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

If I see you living in the 50 million dollar penthouse on 57th street I'll know you profited off my booking
The balanced rant dept

Umm the penthouse on 57th went under contract for IIRC $104 million - first condo to break the $100 million ceiling in NYC.
Old May 27, 2015, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Umm the penthouse on 57th went under contract for IIRC $104 million - first condo to break the $100 million ceiling in NYC.
Chump change
I must have been thinking of the assigned parking space
Old May 27, 2015, 9:25 pm

The balanced rant dept
Riiight. Like I'd still be trolling (old definition) TravelZoo etc. ...

And you are an Ambassador, so somewhat balanced, non?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:25 am

I wanted to share this with anyone planning to stay at this hotel. I made a reservation for 3 nights about a month ago for a king pool view room at $186/night plus tax, parking, and resort fee.

Our trip is this weekend and I was poking around and found that Expedia had the same room for $143/night so I called the Hyatt reservations line and got ahold of a very nice lady. She pointed out the online form for the low price gaurantee which I filled out and included a screen shot from Expedia.

The next day I received an email from Hyatt telling me that my form had been approved and my new rate was now $114/night for three nights. They match Expedia but then take an additional 20% off.

We are very happy
Old Jul 23, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
It's not something limited to this property; Hyatt has a policy called Best Rate Guarantee (referred often as 'BRG' on FT); and there is a thread dedicated to it...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...highlight=rate

Glad you had a good outcome!

Last edited by laxsnaogg; Jul 23, 2015 at 4:04 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:01 am

Update: My wife and I had a wonderful time staying at the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells for three nights this past weekend. The room, a King pool view was upgraded to a top floor penthouse suite for an additional $75 per night. This made our nighly rate $189 plus taxes, parking, and resort fee. Our three night total bill at checkout was $956 but this included a $77 breakfast, drinks by the pool, and lunch by the pool. We were very satisfied with the value.

Our room

Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:06 pm

Great pictures, thank you!!
Old Aug 1, 2015, 3:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Thanks for the pictures.

I was not aware of the fact that the PH suites facing the pool area have significantly smaller balconies in comparison to the suites on the other side.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.