Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (Grand Champions -Palm Springs, CA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (Grand Champions -Palm Springs, CA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
I managed to speak to the hotel and it looks like the Regency Club is closed for July and August 2011. I have booked Regency Club rooms so am not sure what to expect?

Given it's $50 more per room for RC, this could be a very expensive breakfast!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:44 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by LHRORD
I managed to speak to the hotel and it looks like the Regency Club is closed for July and August 2011. I have booked Regency Club rooms so am not sure what to expect?

Seems like if I were in your shoes I would downgrade I can't think of anything on the Club Floor but the Regency Club and its closed......
The breakfast downstairs worth 10-15 per person tops.Depending on what one orders of course plus or minus
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:51 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by LHRORD

I know all the recently renovated Penthouse Suites are on the Regency Club floor, so they might give you that. July and August are slow months in the Palm Springs/Desert area, so I imagine the hotel won't be that busy at that time.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:54 am

great stay this weekend

We just got back from indian wells this weekend. I used a platinum certificate to get regency club access. Totally worth it with 2 kids. Kids were not allowed in the lounge after 5 pm but allowed on the patio (separate entrance). We were there before spring break kicked into full gear so it was quieter in the beginning than the end. I think it's a good compromise to not have kids in the lounge after 5. It was my first stay as a platinum and didn't know we get free self parking at this location ^
The weather was perfect and we'd definitely go back again. At check out I was given a card for $79 per night stay any time between June1-Aug 31. I don't think I'll be doing that. I don't like weather that hot.

Pools were great. We always found chairs without any problems and enough shade. If I could change one thing it would be better restaurant options and better kids meals. But kids meals are the same at all Hyatts. Pretty much junk food!
One other thing, my stay still hasn't posted on my GP account but it's been only a day...

edited to add:
this was also the first time i used e concierge. i made requests for stuff they offered (baby toiletries, bed railings? so the kids don't roll off, humidifier) about a week before our stay. they followed through on all and had the baby railing all set up on the bed by the time we arrived.

Last edited by ck2003; Apr 6, 2011 at 2:18 pm Reason: e-concierge
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:03 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the 79 dollar rate and the free self parking
Thats good value.I'm up for a return visit.I stopped staying here shortly after the parking fee and the resort fee made other area choices more interesting
Cheers
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thats good value.I'm up for a return visit.I stopped staying here shortly after the parking fee and the resort fee made other area choices more interesting
Cheers
Resort fee is still there - $22 IIRC.
Parking is waived for diamonds and perhaps plats too judging by the report above.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Cheers
btw, i believe the code offer for that was TNKU. i'll double check later. don't have the card in front of me.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Parking is waived for diamonds and perhaps plats too judging by the report above.
I can deal with the resort fee on a 79 dollar rate or higher during higher occupancy times.
The self parking was a deal breaker especially coming out of an empty parking lot in 100 degree plus heat and being stopped by someone to show ID collecting money.It was not productive with my time and enjoyment of the stay.All things equal I prefer the location of the Downtown location by far
Easy to get in and out of the hotel with ease.......and did i say brillantly waiving the dreaded resort fee for Diamonds ^
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
yes, they still have resort fee of $23. for that they should at least include spa access. or include spa access with regency club access.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
Grand Champions Closing in July For Renovations

So much for our cheap July resort stay in the desert.

We have not been to Grand Champions, and were looking forward to it - except for the heat that is...

Dear Mr. pdx_fam,
Greetings from Indian Wells!

Hyatt Grand Champions Resort, Villas and Spa is always looking for ways to enhance the quality of service offered to our hotel guests. With this in mind we have decided to undergo a major renovation of our Lobby this summer. This will be done in two phases.

Phase One: The most extensive work scheduled for this renovation will take place July 6 - 28, 2011. We have decided to close our resort during this time.

Phase Two: The resort will reopen and will be accepting arrivals on July 28. However, renovations will continue to take place through the end of August with a projected completion date before Labor Day.

I have noticed your reservation is for arriving 7/xx and departing 7/xx. Are you flexible with your dates at all? If you are, I will be happy to book you a room at another date. Otherwise, you may enjoy Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs. It is located 25 miles from our property. I can also give you possible alternative hotels in the close vicinity.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Anna E. Lee

Reservations Manager
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FD1971
I discussed the issue with upper management at the GC last year and at least they followed my recommendation to waive the parking charges for Diamond members. The real problem is that their regular summer rates ( around $ 80 ) actually become $ 120+, if you include parking ( hardly any option not to park or alternatives close by ) and the resort fee, which has very limited value for Diamond members.

Add the closed RC ( and this summer the Penthouse Suites renovation ) and GC is overpriced and not a real good value for Diamond members.

2500 points for closed RC will be awarded.
Is this property still waiving parking for Diamond? Plats?

The resort fee is just absurd when you're Plat/Diamond because, in essence, you're paying for what's supposed to be a benefit of your status.

I noticed the HR PS Suites waives their resort fee for Plats/Diamonds.

Resort fees really tick me off because I hate paying for things I will never use (i.e. golf bag storage, bicycle usage, incoming faxes, and scheduled workout classes).
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA PREMIER GOLD, AMEX PLT, HYATT Diamond
Originally Posted by UNITED959
Is this property still waiving parking for Diamond? Plats?

The resort fee is just absurd when you're Plat/Diamond because, in essence, you're paying for what's supposed to be a benefit of your status.

I noticed the HR PS Suites waives their resort fee for Plats/Diamonds.

Resort fees really tick me off because I hate paying for things I will never use (i.e. golf bag storage, bicycle usage, incoming faxes, and scheduled workout classes).
Self-parking was waived, but not the resort fees. I, too, do not appreciate paying for stuff which we rarely use. That said, we enjoyed our most recent stay a few days ago. We were upgraded to a corner penthouse suite on the 5th floor. This newly renovated room is beautiful and huge. It has a combo living and dining area, an extra half bath near a wet bar with a larger fridge for your own use.
The large balcony, which can be accessed via the living room or bedroom, has many padded chairs and a double chaise. The Club was open during our stay with the usual spreads. Service was friendly, both at the Club and FD. Overall, good stay.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:22 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just got back from quite the stay at this property. I had used a Diamond Suite Upgrade Certificate.

When I arrived at checkin, they had assigned a Queen Club level room. I told them I had a suite upgrade, and they found it in the notes. The Front Desk agent then went to speak to a manager. When he returned, he had a new room assignment. The Presidential Suite in the villas. I was quite impressed with this room. Butler service, tons of space (had to be over 1000SF), and a private jacuzzi. I will be returning to this property.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Does this hotel not allow diamonds to upgrade to penthouse suites with certs was told hospitality site with upgrade cert not penthouse suite
Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:30 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by rntraveller
Does this hotel not allow diamonds to upgrade to penthouse suites with certs was told hospitality site with upgrade cert not penthouse suite
When I stayed there in 2011, I was told the same by the front desk. Although over the phone, I was told that I WOULD be upgraded to a penthouse suite. I was pretty disappointed not to get a penthouse suite, since they are renovated. But apparently, this property eliminated the penthouse suites from the upgrade pool after the renovations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.