Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by incognitoMD
We currently have a res for the base level DSU suite for an upcoming May stay.

Does anyone know whether there is a benefit of booking the hotel transfer from DPS to Grand Hyatt Bali? Other than convenience, do they help with expedited immigration??
No, they wait outside the terminal. They just use the Golden Bird service.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
No, they wait outside the terminal. They just use the Golden Bird service.
Ok. Is there a service that can expedite immigration that anyone knows of? I'd certainly consider it if it can help me to avoid a potential 45 minute wait in line.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:43 am

I arrived at DPS recently at 17:30, no wait at all.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 6:54 pm

Grand Hyatt Bali good place to stay with a newborn?

Hi there,

My wife and I are considering spending a week or so in Bali or Thailand with our newly-born, 3 months or so after the birth. Is the Grand Hyatt a good location? I heard there is a hospital nearby and sundries needed for babies are easy to get hold of.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:26 am

if you stay GH Bali, they have Bali Collection just opposite to Hotels main gate (5 mins walk from your room) which is a big shopping area. I believe you'll be able to find kids related stuff there. It was also easy to get local CAB from there to nearby areas.

http://bali-collection.com/
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Rubal
if you stay GH Bali, they have Bali Collection just opposite to Hotels main gate (5 mins walk from your room) which is a big shopping area. I believe you'll be able to find kids related stuff there. It was also easy to get local CAB from there to nearby areas.

http://bali-collection.com/
I know it's a short walk, but is there a sidewalk/walking path? Thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:07 pm

Not really. After the hotels main gate you just walk 50 mtrs. Its a low traffic area so you could easily carry pramp and cross over the road quickly.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Rubal
Not really. After the hotels main gate you just walk 50 mtrs. Its a low traffic area so you could easily carry pramp and cross over the road quickly.
Thank you!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HGH Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis PP.
It's easy to walk to the Bali Connection. The supermarket is cheap. I would shy away from drinking at the bars as I saw some workers washing glases in the pound/fountains.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Uknowwhattheysayaboutrobert
It's easy to walk to the Bali Connection. The supermarket is cheap. I would shy away from drinking at the bars as I saw some workers washing glases in the pound/fountains.
Thank you! Good to know there is a supermarket there. Perfect
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: United, SPG, Hyatt
A couple of notes on my experience at DPS:

The only wait I saw at DPS was for visas on arrival. If you are a national of a country that is part of the visa waiver program (such as US) you can pass by that line and walk straight to the immigration desk. When we arrived last month it went so fast that I was worried we did something wrong.

There were literally hundreds of private drivers with name signs at the exit... it would be a real pain to find your driver in that mass. We didn't book a driver ahead of time but were approached in the ATM area before the exit by one of the travel agency representatives. I negotiated a private driver for the taxi rate (180k) to the Grand Hyatt.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:10 am

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
For those of you who look for transportation from Airport, uber is available as well.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by Bidu
For those of you who look for transportation from Airport, uber is available as well.
We stayed in March and used Uber a number of times while there and I chatted with a couple of drivers regarding the current Uber vs taxi vs government issues going on.

The short version was that yes Uber is definitely available at the airport but they said they are very careful and nervous about picking up there, but its doable. He also said that there are some dangerous spots for them such as Uluwatu where there has been violence between taxi and uber drivers.

Thanks to a VERY delayed Air Asia flight from JOG, we arrived well after midnight with two very tired kids, so I just paid the taxi price out of simplicity, which was 180K I think. From then on out, I used Uber and the pickup at the hotel or Bali Collection was easy and fast, at a fraction of the price. I think we paid ~40k IDR, including the toll, in an Innova from the GH back to the airport.

As for the hotel, we had a really nice stay for 3 nights in a beautiful suite. We have been avoiding going back to Bali as we really enjoyed the Hyatt Bali vs the GH, but that said, we had a great visit.

The grand club was nice with good service and we loved the beach. All in all a great visit.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
I understand this is considered a Hyatt resort property, thus no late-checkout is particularly "guaranteed," but I wanted to see if in practice, if Hyatt Diamond members are given late-checkout options on requests.

My flight out of DPS doens't leave until late the evening of my departure, and it'd be great to stay until at least 4pm or so.
Old May 3, 2016, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by joeypore
I understand this is considered a Hyatt resort property, thus no late-checkout is particularly "guaranteed," but I wanted to see if in practice, if Hyatt Diamond members are given late-checkout options on requests.

My flight out of DPS doens't leave until late the evening of my departure, and it'd be great to stay until at least 4pm or so.
Had a suite, diamond member, no issue with 4pm checkout

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.