Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ahcjar103
man, i hope this doesn't bump up in category after renovations. this is one my favorite redemptions.
Or price.

But I'm afraid this is wishful thinking.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Most of the suites at the BH are double rooms. Double the size of a standard room, and that's the size of most of the suites.

I concur that the outside patio shouldn't be listed, except as a separate SM listing. IE, 70 SM, two room suite, with 50 SM patio and balcony.

I'm sure that the prices will increase a bit when it reopens. There's no way they will invest many millions and NOT expect a better return. I'd guess 25-50%. In dates I spot checked recently, I didn't see $100 nights listed anymore.

Personally, I'd think they'd want to be open until after the New Year high season, and then shut down.

I'll be there next month, so probably my last visit before the remodel unless they really push the remodeling back.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Personally, I'd think they'd want to be open until after the New Year high season, and then shut down.
Hoping for this while holding confirmed reservation for this time period in 2013. Made this reservation over the phone earlier this year and at that time I was told there were no renovation plans and the hotel would be open.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by robbert
Hoping for this while holding confirmed reservation for this time period in 2013. Made this reservation over the phone earlier this year and at that time I was told there were no renovation plans and the hotel would be open.
December of 2013? I am going to be in Bali just after New Years and was hoping to return to the BH. Did you call the hotel directly?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
On my stay a few weeks ago I was told Nov 1 would be closing day.

Hypothetically,how can the hotel decide Oct 1 that they will open past the Nov 1 date as most people book months in advance through consolidators, etc.
People from Europe who comprimise the Nov.-Feb. crowd don't book last moment.
Once again anything is possible,but don't get your hopes up.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 25milesfromhome
December of 2013? I am going to be in Bali just after New Years and was hoping to return to the BH. Did you call the hotel directly?
I have not seen the Dec/Jan period open for the last couple of months, so only if they decide to delay again would you have a chance.

Last edited by robbert; Aug 3, 2013 at 9:27 pm
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I had a stay in the bali Hyatt a week ago.

This is a seriously dated property. The suite was nice and had the most incredible veranda for chilling. The regency club is nice and very relaxing and makes the property in my view.

The gardens are a serious wow factor too. I can see why many are in love with this place. The staff are very very very friendly too. Treatment as a diamond was also very good.

All the above said this property should not delay any longer on a refurb. It is living in the 70s. The bathrooms even in the suites are tiny and not enough room to move.

Lots of rumours on what will happen and how they will renovate. They have been doing some room mock ups to see if they can leave the building structure in place. Who knows?...

I am currently at the Grand Hyatt and on speaking to the management here it looks like they will flatten to place and start a new. Date banded around is 14 Nov. lets see how this develops.

The big shame is the staff seem to be not in the picture. What are they going to do with them in the 2 years it takes to rebuild?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Originally Posted by dewby
Lots of rumours on what will happen and how they will renovate. They have been doing some room mock ups to see if they can leave the building structure in place. Who knows?...

I am currently at the Grand Hyatt and on speaking to the management here it looks like they will flatten to place and start a new. Date banded around is 14 Nov. lets see how this develops.
One of the assistant managers from the Bali Hyatt has been posting regularly on other sites. Consistent with the other posts, here is what just recently communicated to me regarding the plans:
Originally Posted by a Bali Hyatt Assistant Mgr
In terms of the renovation plan, it is now likely that the hotel will close down for renovation sometime late of 2013. However, at this point in time, there is no confirmed date for the renovation. This will consist of a large scale program focusing on the room product, public areas and other facilities. However, the owners of the hotel are committed to ensuring the Balinese architecture, gardens and beach remain intact. I shall certainly keep you updated on the future plans of the hotel and its facilities.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Gold; HH Diamond; Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by dewby
......The big shame is the staff seem to be not in the picture. What are they going to do with them in the 2 years it takes to rebuild?
I would agree with this, or alternatively they have been very well trained to indicate they know nothing.

I just finished a wonderful five night stay at this property, and when I inquired of the future plans, staff shrugged sadly and said "we do not know".

Only sign of renovation right now is a blocked off corner on the 4th floor of the Bouganvilla wing, where I was told they are experimenting with possible renovation layouts (presumably that would prevent a total leveling of the property).

What this place lacks in modern conveniences is made up 10 fold by the old world Balinese charm of the place, including that of the great staff. I suggest the Conrad Bali (where I also stayed, for 5 more nights) if you want modern conveniences and oversized bathrooms.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by NightTripper
I would agree with this, or alternatively they have been very well trained to indicate they know nothing.

I just finished a wonderful five night stay at this property, and when I inquired of the future plans, staff shrugged sadly and said "we do not know".

Only sign of renovation right now is a blocked off corner on the 4th floor of the Bouganvilla wing, where I was told they are experimenting with possible renovation layouts (presumably that would prevent a total leveling of the property).

What this place lacks in modern conveniences is made up 10 fold by the old world Balinese charm of the place, including that of the great staff. I suggest the Conrad Bali (where I also stayed, for 5 more nights) if you want modern conveniences and oversized bathrooms.
I agree with your view of how Nice the Place is but it does need a renovation. It's a Hyatt and has a name to look after.

I left this property for Lombok and stayed at the Oberon which was nice and now in the Intercontinental which is very nice. The suites here and at the Bali Hyatt can not be compared.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NightTripper
Interesting. In this day of CAD tools and 3-D rendering software, I would have assumed you could re-design the entire place without ever stepping foot on the property.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: UA Gold; HH Diamond; Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by hobo13
Interesting. In this day of CAD tools and 3-D rendering software, I would have assumed you could re-design the entire place without ever stepping foot on the property.
I don't disagree with this train of thought.

So maybe they are renovating the property, one room at a time, and that is where the "2 year window" estimates are coming from?

I can say with certainty that they were hammering away on something one week ago.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
You cannot really see how everything works unless you do a mock up room.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 4:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yeah, that's the traditional Bali way :-).

Mockups serve a lot of different purposes to show both to clients and builders alike what is possible and desirable.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Some news

BALI HYATT RENOVATION PROJECT

Hyatt Hotels & Resorts and PT. Wynncor Bali, owners of Bali Hyatt, would like to announce that Bali Hyatt will undergo a large scale renovation program commencing as of November 14, 2013. Bali Hyatt will not be accepting reservations beyond this date.

The renovation program will take approximately twenty four (24) months to complete and the newly renovated hotel will be renamed Hyatt Regency Bali. We currently anticipate the Hyatt Regency Bali will be opened in the last quarter of 2015 and will update the website on any changes from the expected opening date.

We will contact the guests who have made reservations with us during the renovation period individually.

But reservations seem still blocked from Nov 1st.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.