Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2000, 4:46 pm

Joergi-just saw your reply-sorry it took SO long-I have always been upgraded automatically as I always put my diamond number in the booking.i have never been denied upgrades at a resort and am NOT AWARE of anywhere in the rules where it says you dont get upgraded.I constantly stay on the 50% UA rate at Honoulul and Bali and have ALWAYS go upgraded!The only place that didnt upgrade me on 50% off was Singapore but I wasnt diamond then

------------------
Hyatt Diamond/Hilton Diamond/Sheraton Platinum/UAEP
Old Feb 14, 2001, 4:07 pm

Grand Hyatt Bali should I go Suite?

Going to the Grand Hyatt bali next week with 11 ladies and as there is an extra person i am thinking of getting a free suite. they have offered me an executive suite. has anyone been in one of these and how is the layout. Do they all have oocean views. They can only tell me I can have one with 2 beds and a sofa. i thought all suites at the grand hyatt were with one bed?Any suggestions of suite no etc??
Old Feb 15, 2001, 7:32 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I have stayed many times (7x) at an executive suite in the Grand Hyatt Bali. It surely is the most beautiful Resort Hotel I've ever stayed. Executive Suites are relatively large rooms but you have to know that all rooms, even the standard rooms, in the Grand Hyatt Bali are large ones.

Layout: As you enter the room, there is a small bathroom on your right side with a toilet and a sink. The center of the room is a sitting area with three couches. Adjacent there is an eating area which comfortably sits 6 people for breakfast... The dining room features a heaven-style bed and a second TV. The main bathroom is really large with another toilet, a shower, a bath tube, two sinks and a walk-in closet.

The rooms are really nice as is the whole hotel. If they tell you there is a second bed in that room, I think they just place it where there normally is the dining area.

We always had Executive Suite 3109 and liked it very much as it features Ocean View and is close to all the features of the hotel. You reach the beach in one minute, the main pool in two minutes, the lobby and the shops as well as river pool and inagiku and mey yan restaurants in three minutes. The tennis fields and the watercourt cafe are also close. Try to get that room!

------------------
Hyatt Platinum
Marriott Silver
Old Mar 12, 2001, 11:27 pm

Well I can now answer my own question. yes they charge $30us for the extra person in a roll away. the suite we got was F A B U L O U S.
It was right at the regency pool-the one with the hammock on the ground floor. we had another room which opened onto the loungeroom.there were 10 girls so we had a great time at the wonderful regency club.
another fabulous stay at the Grand Hyatt.
To the charming GM Robert Van Den Maas . thankyou
Old Mar 13, 2001, 7:15 am

Glad to hear that you have had a faboulous stay. Hope you enjoyed the hotel's grounds. By the way: How full was the hotel? If you have been to the GH Bali before, have you noticed any changes within the hotel (except that the Seafood restaurant that used to be behind the Inagiku does not exist anymore since 1994)? Was the path leading to the Putri bali swept, or was it full of sand?

Thanks for your report.
Muerz
Old Mar 13, 2001, 3:15 pm

This is my fourth stay but the first in a suite.The hotel was around 40% full as are most hotels in bali at the moment.The hotel still looks NEW. It is amazing how well they look after it. They were doing a lot of painting as they have a HUGE IBM conference for 3 weeks in April. 1000 people per week!
I didnt notice the path,is that left or right from the pool area.I didnt walk around out of the hotel at all this time. i decided to enjoy the grounds and the Regency pool area.All the girls are already planning the next stay there next year.Ive never had so many people with bali withdrawal in one city!!!!
Old Mar 27, 2001, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Grand Bali Information?

I'm planning a week stay at the Hyatt Grand Bali and have questions about the location of the hotel. I understood Nusa Dua to be an upscale resort hotel area but for some meals I wanted to find a very downscale local outdoor noodle shop. Are these only found in Kuta or are there any within walking distance of the hotel?

I'm using NAN vouchers for the room but have concerns about food cost on property. Any experiences?

Is public transportation available to Kuta (I've taken the buses in Bali before and liked the local transport)? Also, are there any jeep rental vendors nearby?
Old Mar 27, 2001, 10:07 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
You really can't walk to much. There is a nearby shopping center, however, with a local show and a few shops. I don't remember anything of a noodle shop. To be honest, we ate at the hotel. It has numerous and varied restaurants, very reasonably priced. The hotel is gorgeous.

My one piece of advice is to bring beach shoes because there is sharp coral in the water. It is impossible to walk far across it and it is too shallow to swim. You have to go quite far out before you can swim. Pools have water slides, if you like that sort of thing.

The roads are VERY slow (traffic) so it takes forever to go anywhere. You may want to take an overnight somewhere else if you want to do much sightseeing and use it as a base for exploring that part of the island. Nusa Dua is nowhere for local color.

Have no idea about jeep rentals. We got a car and driver. There is a huge temple you will want to see (can't remember the name). It is on a hill and boys on scooters will take you up for $1. Best dollar I ever spent!
Old Mar 27, 2001, 12:29 pm

Hi,

Yes you're right. Nusa Dua is an upscale resort hotel area. If you mean Noodle Restaurants, there are plenty, either in the Galeria Nusa Dua or in the town of Nusa Dua itself. If you mean those rolling shops I think there are just some in the town Nusa Dua but not in the Resort Area Nusa Dua. Please remember: The Town is very safe, even if it does not look beautiful. i've been there 7 times and I found the on-property food not to be to expensive. This is because all prices are in Rupiah instead of US$. Taxis are very cheap, cars with drivers also. You can find a rental car desk in the business center of the hotel (adjacent to the lobby). I think that each destination in Bali can be done in one day, even if you're staying in Nusa Dua. You don't have to change hotels for one night. I would reccomend you to book Grand Hyatt as the hotel is one or even two notches above all the others on the island. And the 20 minutes from Nusa Dua to Sanur where the other Hyatt is located don't make a distance worth staying at that property instead of Grand Hyatt.

So long,

------------------
Hyatt Platinum
Marriott Silver
Old Mar 27, 2001, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I certainly agree that the Grand Hyatt is head and shoulders over the regular Hyatt. We visited the one at Sanur and it is unremarkable.
Old Mar 27, 2001, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
The Grand Hyatt is extremely nice, albeit a little out of scale for Bali, IMHO. Yes, the restaurants at the hotel and adjacent shopping center are reasonably priced by international standards, but you can eat at extremely nice local restaurants for next to nothing (US$2 - $4, including booze). When I stayed there last, I recall the buffet breakfast being close to US$20-- the next morning to the best place I could find outside Nusa Dua and paid a couple of bucks for a feast.

Nusa Dua is a large compound incorporating serveral international resort hotels, following a World Bank development model used in several underdeveloped parts of the world. It provides an extremely comfortable setting for international travellers, but as other posters herein have noted, it is "set-off" a bit from the rest of the island.
Old Mar 28, 2001, 8:57 am

edsh, I used my last NAN voucher at the GH Bali as well, and really enjoyed it. You should ask them about a special price for their breakfast buffet. They offered me something like US$10 per day to upgrade to American breakfast buffet for two, which was really worth it.
Although I agree that the hotel is very nice, I found it too big for my taste, and the whole Nusa Dua area a bit too sterile. Kuta isn't really my taste either, but I'd probably pick something around Jimbaran, Legian or Ubud next time. I liked the Bali Hyatt, too, it has one of the most beautiful Balinese gardens I've seen, and the area is just the right mix of local and touristy. But you can't really go so wrong on Bali...
Old Apr 4, 2001, 10:16 pm

Programs: CO, Starwood, AA, DL, Hilton, Marriott
Bali Hyatt

Has anybody stayed at the Bali Hyatt, not the Grand Hyatt in Bali? What are you impressions?
Old Apr 5, 2001, 3:11 pm

I thought the Bali Hyatt was excellent. The hotel has a very comfortable feel and a more authentic decor than any of the hotels I saw in Nusa Dua, including the Grand Hyatt (which felt like a big concrete monster compared to the beautiful wood lobby and guest areas of the Bali Hyatt.

Rooms are fine and have a nice terrace. The pools are nice. Beach is okay.

I'd definitely stay again.
Old Apr 8, 2001, 9:20 am

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt Bali 2 years ago but did take a shuttle bus over to the Bali Hyatt. By far, I believe the Grand Hyatt Bali is worth the extra $$. The grounds of the Grand Hyatt Bali are beautifully done and the pools are enormous.

I found the Bali Hyatt dismal looking especially in the lovely environment of Bali. We had dinner at the Bali Hyatt and my wife simply told me she didn't like it at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.