Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Paris - Park Vendome - REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD - 2000 to 8/2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris - Park Vendome - REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD - 2000 to 8/2011

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum, UA Premier Executive
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
In general locals would not wear shorts to any restaurant, and shorts would not be considered proper attire for the restaurants or public areas of any upscale or luxury hotel.
A bit off topic but this reminded me of an experience at the PHT.
My wife and I were spending the weekend in Tokyo (living close by at the time) and decided to have a large group of friends down for drinks one night. This was not our first time staying in the hotel and had set up some smaller gatherings there in the past so we were well aware of the dress codes and were always appropriately dressed...not full on suits but businness attire. The hotel called the day of to reconfirm and made it a point to say that shorts and sandals should not be worn to which I responded jokingly "would Louis Vuitton sandals be allowed?" To my surpise, there was a pause and a response along the lines of "well maybe they would be acceptable" (don't remember the exact response).

Point is and I guess this does apply here. It's not necessarily what type of clothes you wear but how you wear them. There are people in jeans that look better than those in an ill fitted, wrinkled suit and then there are those that insist on wearing their 1980s jeans with white tennis shoes that...well, I'll leave that one alone.

I always go with the thought that if I feel like I may be undersdressed than I probably am.

Last edited by rm76; Aug 17, 2011 at 4:14 am
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by rm76
I always go with the thought that if I feel like I may be undersdressed than I probably am.
I agree. If I am ever unsure I tend to error on the side of caution.

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I hope clean jeans/khakis for men and capris for women will be OK. I have no plans to bring business attire on our vacation.
This will be fine. The PH is not a stuffy hotel, smart casual is perfectly acceptable.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Aug 12, 2011 at 5:12 am
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3.0 MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Natl Exec Elite, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
So EXACTLY what are you entitled to for breakfast at this hotel as a Diamond? If it is supposedly an "American Breakfast", do they tell you that and is it explicitly defined on the menu? Does it include coffee and juice or just one? I thought I had read in other posts that you could have most anything you wanted.
We just got back from 4 nights in the PHPV. There were 3 of us. As a Diamond, we got free breakfast and we picked the American breakfast each time. It costs 49 Euros and is the most expensive breakfast menu item. You can order anything you want as long as the total does not exceed 49 Euros and it will get comped. It is a fabulous breakfast and includes juice, coffee/tea, eggs, sausages, cheese, rolls, fruits, etc..- more than one can possibly eat and some. You may want to take a look at the photo spreads a few posts back to get an idea.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
I'll be making my first trip to the PHV later this month. I've read in this thread that the Roissy bus is a decent way to get from CDG to the hotel (vai being dropped off up the street at the opera house).

Is this still current advice/ do others agree? If it matters, it will just be my wife and I, and we'll only have a carry on bag each. Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
I'll be making my first trip to the PHV later this month. I've read in this thread that the Roissy bus is a decent way to get from CDG to the hotel (vai being dropped off up the street at the opera house).

Is this still current advice/ do others agree? If it matters, it will just be my wife and I, and we'll only have a carry on bag each. Thanks!
As this was discussed as recently as July 29th ... how current are you looking for? Read back a few pages, plenty of information available.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg

I took the Roissy bus in March. Very easy to navigate.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by GoingAway
As this was discussed as recently as July 29th ... how current are you looking for? Read back a few pages, plenty of information available.
It never ceases to amaze me how pleasant people can be on FT...

If you read the posts on July 29th, you will note that the first person to answer was corrected by someone else; and in turn came back and indicated they had never actually taken the bus!

In addition, some that had taken the bus had suggested using a cab in certain instances.

Given that, what does it hurt for me to ask others for thier advice? (And knowing how many of "you" there are on FT, I made the point of noting that I had read the thread, and was asking for input from others).

Forgive me for not wanting to plan my first visit to PHV on FTers that were correcting one another and had differing views...
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:13 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Roissybus is very easy and for 2 people will be half the price of a taxi.

Unless you have a lot of luggage (which you don't) or are arriving very late at night and don't want to try and navigate the few blocks... its a great option.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:43 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another vote for Roissybus. Drivers even have a variety of alternative routes which they can use to get around Paris traffic. It's a good service, reasonably priced. I'd generally pick it over the RER.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
For one or two travellers arriving at a reasonable arrival time(not late night/super early)Roissy is a very practicle alternative to a (very)pricey cab ride.
The driver on my bus took a route through Montmarte which was a lot of fun!

And laxsnaogg you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar! There is a LOT of very current info both in this thread and in the France forum on transport from CDG.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 5:33 pm

A question that I've been meaning to ask for a while:

We had a lovely stay at PH Vendome back in the spring. I sent two of the hotel stationery postcards back to the states, taking advantage of the front desk's offer to mail them without my needing to purchase postage. They both arrived within a week... without any post markings of any kind.

Has anyone else experienced this? How was my mail delivered? Was a fluke? Owl post?

MOD NOTE: The Current Review Thread for This Property May Be Found At http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-forwards.html

Last edited by peteropny; Jan 26, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.