Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Paris - Park Vendome - REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD - 2000 to 8/2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris - Park Vendome - REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD - 2000 to 8/2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2004, 1:55 pm

How long is the ride into Paris from the CDG Hyatt? Is it a practical thing to consider a daily communte into Paris?
Old Jan 28, 2004, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by augmax18:
How long is the ride into Paris from the CDG Hyatt? Is it a practical thing to consider a daily communte into Paris?</font>
For most CA metropolitan area residents, the 45 min to 1 hour drive is negligible.

If I had no choice and HAD to stay on FFN award, the CDG Hyatt would be my choice, especially with a rental car, it's very easy to get around. Rental cars are also very cheap from CDG. A C Class only cost 60EUR a day.

Otherwise, a paid stay at either the Paris-Vendome or the Paris-Madeleine costs only 400EUR and 300EUR a day, respectively. This is much cheaper than the usual 600EUR and 400EUR for these properties.

Old Jan 29, 2004, 1:09 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by augmax18:
jkc22, thanks for the info. I thought it is very difficult to find parking in the major tourist area. Is taking the train or bus an option?</font>
The train and/or bus is an option. The HYATT CDG runs a shuttle bus every 20-30 minutes to/from the hotel/airport where you will be able to get the train or bus. The Air France bus to Paris is a better option in my opinion -- more comfortable without having to deal with Parisian suburb stops and only a few more euros than the train. A taxi back would be about 34-40 euros.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 10:30 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Park Hyatt Paris mini review FFN 1/30/04

We are here for three nights on FFN. Status is Diamond. We did not recognize anyone when we checked in. Usually do. Greeted very business like. Our upgraded room was not ready. It was around noon and this was fine. We had lunch elsewhere and did some shopping. BTW. This is sale season in Paris. Apparently the govt. controls dates which sales may occur. So to see so many sales signs is a big pleasure for my wife. Up to 60% off plus tax back. We've got some real bargains so far.

Our upgraded room is on a higher floor directly on rue de la Paix. The room would be considered premium as few rooms have views of Vendome. And this only after you open your windows and crook your neck right. So we are happy. Given a note welcoming us back, half bottle of wine and mini pastry. Nice. BTW wine is Chateau Martinat 2001 for the officianados.

We did notice a different feel in attitude. Thought is a little "warmer" feeling before. The room is ok but with some fix-it items. DND indicator inside room does not work, item on bathroom counter has a big chip, bathrobe had something red on it and room does not have a clock.

Also. We asked about "breakfest" for Diamond. Offered but cautioned only continental items. Encouraged to take it in our room. Usually we have had access to the full spread in the morning. Less of course cooked to order hot items. We are going to ask the server what we can eat. Will advise. I know we are talking about this within FT in regards to the PH Tokyo. Internet access is still free. All in all enjoying the PH. Regards
Old Jan 31, 2004, 6:22 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
If you get tired of the buffet, you can order something else and they won't charge you at checkout if it's 32 Euros or less.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 1:26 pm
Original Member

A bit of advice, if you decide to stay at a hotel at CDG and will be riding the train from Paris back to CDG on the weekend, come back during daylight. I wished someone had told me that the trains back to CDG are pretty empty and dicey at night during the weekends. I know now first hand...but not before I went through several scary experiences just to get back to my CDG hotel after getting stuck in the Eiffel Tower.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 6:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sggolf:
A bit of advice, if you decide to stay at a hotel at CDG and will be riding the train from Paris back to CDG on the weekend, come back during daylight. I wished someone had told me that the trains back to CDG are pretty empty and dicey at night during the weekends. I know now first hand...but not before I went through several scary experiences just to get back to my CDG hotel after getting stuck in the Eiffel Tower.</font>
Yes, there are people who appear to be of dubious character on the RER headed towards CDG at night. If I'm forced to stay at an airport hotel, and plan on returning to the hotel on the RER, my curfew is 6:30 p.m. Air France bus is much safer at night.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 4:09 pm

I just returned from a 3-night FFN stay over the Valentine's weekend. I also noticed that the staff became warmer and less "cool" than before. However, the service level, although adequate, still does not approach what one will expect from a ultra-luxury hotel. It took 2 calls to get a blanket (cold night), and 3 to get my Diamond amenity (which should have been in the room when I checked in, but I was later upgraded to a suite). The amenity was two pieces of artfully presented pastries and a half bottle of a Cote de Blaye Bordeaux. Room service was fast and efficient, and the concierge was able to get us a table on Valentine's Day at Guy Savoy!

Also, many fixtures have already shown wear and tear through use. It is especially apparent since everything at the hotel is so delicate!! The roll blinds malfunctioned at least thrice during my stay, and the DND indicator, too, did not function properly. The doorbell, when rung, caused the lights in the entire room to dim, and the locking mechanism got stuck, plus the heated bathroom floor/tower warmer didn't function properly. I guess the simpler the things are, the less the likelihood of things malfunctioning.

Breakfast was really great, and arguably better than before. The complimentary breakfast had the usual high quality pastries, fruits, conserves, cereal, and Scottish smoked salmon, fresh sliced ham, and Spanish cured ham -- truly exceptional for a continental breakfast of very high quality ingredients. It’s a bit too expensive at 32 EUR, however. I would have never paid this price if it were not complimentary.

We ordered room service breakfast on Sunday, and decided to use the l’Orangerie (American Breakfast). It was 42 EUR, but included pastries, bread, cheese, Spanish ham, Scottish smoked salmon, cereals, eggs cooked to order, fruits, milk, juices, coffee and tea. The 2-person order could have fed 4+ people!! It arrived within 20 minutes complete with the eggs in a warmer. At 84 EUR, it was impossibly expensive, but we were only charged the difference (20EUR). See picture at http://www.geocities.com/ice_twice/PHPVBreakfast.jpg

Internet is free in room and also wifi in the lobby public areas. Also free workstations beside the check-in desks -- very convenient. The gym is small, but sufficiently equipped. I only got to use it for less than an hour each day. There was simply too much to do in Paris and too little time.

I’m returning again in two weeks, and will be delighted to see whether the service has improved. This time I’m taking two groups for a 3-night stay, with 2 rooms on FFN….

[This message has been edited by jkc22 (edited Feb 19, 2004).]
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I have not stayed at the Park Hyatt Vendome for over a year now, but will be going back for a two night stay using FFNs on March 12th. I stayed at the hotel when it first opened and noticed that the staff was not only cold, but incompetent. Perhaps it was because the hotel was newly opened.

Guests arriving on early morning flights should be prepared to wait many hours for your room, this apparently is the case even if the hotel was not full the night before or had empty rooms. This hotel, strictly observes its 3pm check-in time. Or so it appeared to me.

As for treatment, as a Diamond member, I expected more. No Diamond amenity was offered until the second day, after I had requested it. No upgrade was given until the second day. I believe they may have not been familiar with Hyatt’s status recognition program. Breakfast for Diamond members could only be gotten through room service, but it was quit good.

All in all, I hope they have fixed the service issues and treat Diamond members with a little more respect.

PS, once you become a regular at the other hotel in Paris (Madeleine), they will treat you very well, including, if at all possible having your room ready when you arrive off that JFK/CDG flight and try to check-in at 8 am. Always receive my upgrade.

Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SethLevy:
Guests arriving on early morning flights should be prepared to wait many hours for your room, this apparently is the case even if the hotel was not full the night before or had empty rooms. This hotel, strictly observes its 3pm check-in time. Or so it appeared to me.</font>
This is the case in my experience as well. However, the staff has always been very warm and accomodating -- allowing me to leave my bags and freshen up in the spa after arrival. I usually don't "need" a room right away anyway -- as soon as I'm showered up and in a fresh change of clothes, I'm out the door to enjoy the city.

------------------
"There are those who travel, and those who travel well."
Old Feb 23, 2004, 11:34 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The Hotel has always been accomodating to our arrivals early or not.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 12:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE:
The Hotel has always been accomodating to our arrivals early or not. </font>
Yes, the last time I was there they had my upgraded room ready (to a Park Deluxe). When I inquired about a "larger room" they were forward and graciously offered me a corner suite. BTW, other than the sitting areas, I really like the fact that the suite have two sinks and the huge closet/dressing areas. Even with our 4 suitcases the closet still looked empty! LOVE IT!
Old Feb 24, 2004, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
The CSFB rate at the PH Vendome is Euro 260. The is the best rate i have seen so far. NC12624
Old Mar 2, 2004, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
Back from my second stay at the Park Hyatt Vendome. This time on a 3 night FFN award. Again had a great experience. Immediately welcomed back at check in and shown to my room even though I arrived at the hotel at 7:30 am. Manager advised I was upgraded but the room seemed like the regular Park room. For 1 person it was just fine. Got the welcome back letter with 1/2 bottle of wine and some pastries on the second day. This time no complimentary continental breakfast but did receive free hot beverages. I ordered the continental breakfast a couple of days and the price of the coffee was already removed fromt he bill at checkout.

Again a wonderful stay at my new favorite Paris hotel. Already booked a stay this fall and planning another in May. Definitely a great hotel !!
Old Apr 23, 2004, 4:26 am

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome Photos

We're at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome on a FFNs and point award stay. I took some photos of the room and hotel, in case anyone is interested.

We'll be here for a few more days, so if there is anything specific you would like to see, please post it here and I'll try to take them sometime soon.

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome Photos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.