Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 7, 19, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, UA Premier Silver, Southwest A List,Spirit Lover
Originally Posted by dealOCD View Post
good points. I am not familiar with the weather patterns there. Will research thanks.
If the goal is swimming then wouldn't recommend it in Feb.... too cold. Lots of other fun things to do around San Antonio, however. HOWEVER, the Hyatt Hill Country Ranch resort (a timeshare but available for regular hotel stays) is next door, very very nice, and has an indoor pool w/slide features, etc.
Old Jan 7, 19, 3:03 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hyatt Plat Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Originally Posted by lighthouse206 View Post
If the goal is swimming then wouldn't recommend it in Feb.... too cold. Lots of other fun things to do around San Antonio, however. However, the Hyatt Hill Country Ranch resort (a timeshare but available for regular hotel stays) is next door, very very nice, and has an indoor pool w/slide features, etc.
Good to know as the water features were what made me consider taking the husband and 9 yo. Since this is the host hotel I don't imagine wed have access to the timeshare and i thought I could consider for the one extra night Id get if they were coming early. oh well with the cold pool/weather scenario it doesn't sound as compelling for the expense of flying in the fam given it sounds like its not particularly close to other site seeing options.

Last edited by dealOCD; Jan 7, 19 at 3:15 pm
Old Jan 8, 19, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by dealOCD View Post
Good to know as the water features were what made me consider taking the husband and 9 yo. Since this is the host hotel I don't imagine wed have access to the timeshare and i thought I could consider for the one extra night Id get if they were coming early. oh well with the cold pool/weather scenario it doesn't sound as compelling for the expense of flying in the fam given it sounds like its not particularly close to other site seeing options.
You do have complimentary access to the timeshare property facilities if you're staying at the Hill Country (and reciprocal access to the HR Hill Country if you're at the timeshare). I've done it multiple times.

My family visits HR Hill Country a couple of times a year, once always in late December. A week ago when we were there, temperatures were in the 40s, so we opted to not use the indoor pool at Wild Oak Ranch (the HRC timeshare) like we usually do, as it's really an indoor / outdoor pool and probably would've been a tad cold. That said, there were people using the HR lazy river, which is heated (steam rising and I put my hand it) -- so to each his/her own.

All that to say, February may still be a tad chilly for the main pool at HR, but the timeshare would probably be more than usable. Besides that, sea world is close, but the riverwalk is about a 20 minute drive.
dealOCD likes this.
Old Jan 10, 19, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hyatt Plat Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold View Post
You do have complimentary access to the timeshare property facilities if you're staying at the Hill Country (and reciprocal access to the HR Hill Country if you're at the timeshare). I've done it multiple times.

My family visits HR Hill Country a couple of times a year, once always in late December. A week ago when we were there, temperatures were in the 40s, so we opted to not use the indoor pool at Wild Oak Ranch (the HRC timeshare) like we usually do, as it's really an indoor / outdoor pool and probably would've been a tad cold. That said, there were people using the HR lazy river, which is heated (steam rising and I put my hand it) -- so to each his/her own.

All that to say, February may still be a tad chilly for the main pool at HR, but the timeshare would probably be more than usable. Besides that, sea world is close, but the riverwalk is about a 20 minute drive.
Thank you for the info! On the fence about it. Not sure if its super worthy but my daughter is off of school so still considering.
ClarkGriswold likes this.
Old Jun 9, 19, 3:52 pm

Just stayed at this resort recently again. I love staying at this resort. However, I noticed that they now charge $15 to self park and $30 for valet parking. I asked the concierge if it is waived on a free/redemption night. They said no (as I expected) unless you are a globalist (I'm only worthless explorist).
ClarkGriswold likes this.
Old Jun 9, 19, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by dgun25 View Post
Just stayed at this resort recently again. I love staying at this resort. However, I noticed that they now charge $15 to self park and $30 for valet parking. I asked the concierge if it is waived on a free/redemption night. They said no (as I expected) unless you are a globalist (I'm only worthless explorist).
Both TX resorts are now charging both resort fees AND separate parking charges. Total rip-off.
Old Jun 9, 19, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by dgun25 View Post
Thanks for heads up, as it changes the cash vs points equation a bit. HR Lost Pines started this last fall. It is a little lame, but if the market it bears it, well the market bears it. HR Hill Country is a still great Cat 4 redemption though. The staff is excellent.
Old Jun 11, 20, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist ex-Diamond; Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
Is There a Club Open. . . .

. . . . . .or some alternative being offered?

If you used a suite upgrade here how did it work out?
Old Jun 11, 20, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by jayer View Post
. . . . . .or some alternative being offered?

If you used a suite upgrade here how did it work out?
No club. You get comp breakfast in the restaurant if you’re a globalist.

Suites (attained thru use of upgrade) are decent. Traditional separate bedroom, etc. Plenty big. I wouldn’t call them luxurious.... But fine.

Lost Pines (sister resort near Austin) is nicer and more recently renovated... but more expensive.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: