FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/133521-hyatt-regency-hill-country-resort-review-master-thread.html)

ShaynaLeahK Oct 27, 2015 6:57 am

Anyone know if the pools are heated for a mid-March stay?

austin_modern Oct 27, 2015 9:24 am

Originally Posted by ShaynaLeahK (Post 25621929)
Anyone know if the pools are heated for a mid-March stay?

... the first post in this thread suggests the adult pool is heated.

ClarkGriswold Apr 27, 2016 3:19 pm

where to stay in resort

Howdy All,

I just burned some points for 3 rooms / 2 night stay during the 4th of July - one room for my family and two Guest of Honor rooms for extended family. I'm sure the Regency Club will just love it when we all roll in :D, oh well..

I was curious if anyone had any suggestions about where ask for room placement on property. I've been to Hyatt Lost Pines several times but never to the Hyatt Hill Country, but have heard the layout is similar.

The caveat is that my mom is with us and has limited mobility (i.e., slowing walking with cane) after a knee surgery and femur break last year.

For now, I've called and asked them to place us near the lobby, with a patio facing the scenic side of the resort (the lady I talked to seemed willing to be pretty accommodating). The only downside seems to be that the club is on the 4th floor down at the end of one of things, so mom will have to hoof it back and forth.

Any other tips or updates on the property?

Thanks!

spgplat21 Apr 28, 2016 10:13 am

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold (Post 26544497)
Howdy All,

I just burned some points for 3 rooms / 2 night stay during the 4th of July - one room for my family and two Guest of Honor rooms for extended family. I'm sure the Regency Club will just love it when we all roll in :D, oh well..

I was curious if anyone had any suggestions about where ask for room placement on property. I've been to Hyatt Lost Pines several times but never to the Hyatt Hill Country, but have heard the layout is similar.

The caveat is that my mom is with us and has limited mobility (i.e., slowing walking with cane) after a knee surgery and femur break last year.

For now, I've called and asked them to place us near the lobby, with a patio facing the scenic side of the resort (the lady I talked to seemed willing to be pretty accommodating). The only downside seems to be that the club is on the 4th floor down at the end of one of things, so mom will have to hoof it back and forth.

Any other tips or updates on the property?

Thanks!

I think you have to pick your poison and choose to be closer to the lobby for easier access to the pools and restaurants or ask to be closer to the club lounge. Also, very few rooms have balconies so be sure to ask for one if that's something that is important to you.

Overall the pool area at the hotel is still really good, but the rooms and club lounge are not nearly as nice as the Hyatt Lost Pines.

ClarkGriswold Apr 29, 2016 7:53 am

Originally Posted by spgplat21 (Post 26548179)
I think you have to pick your poison and choose to be closer to the lobby for easier access to the pools and restaurants or ask to be closer to the club lounge. Also, very few rooms have balconies so be sure to ask for one if that's something that is important to you.

Thanks for the info. I've asked for patio rooms, we'll see what happens.

ClarkGriswold Jul 14, 2016 1:40 pm

Stayed here over the 4th of July. Had three rooms, to Guest of Honor bookings to get benefits for extended family.

- Despite being at capacity, the hotel staff was simply amazing - they made it look easy but I'm sure it's wasn't. I've always made staycations to the Lost Pines sister property because it was closer. The service there has always been good, but the Hill Country property just raised the bar a good bit. Definitely will be back.

- There was a mixup on room placement request (it got lost), but they did their best to make it right at check-in upgrading 2 of 3 rooms to huge hospitality suites for free. Fine, crap happens, take the suite upgrade, smile, say thank you, and move along.

- Club food reasonable quality, above average in number of warm offerings (maybe they beefed it up a bit for the holiday.

One interesting point - talking with the club staff, they're considering closing the club early, at then end of July. So keep this in mind for travel plans.

Note this property changes to Category 4 on August 1. Couple with the current 10% back on points and amenity + club closure points, C+P rates go to $100 + net 3,250 points (2,600 if include the points earned on the cash portion) or net 10K for pure points. Not a bad value at all.

HoustonConsultant Jul 22, 2016 10:14 pm

Are day passes available?

We are staying at Lost Pines next month, and I have relatives nearby who would like to come visit for the day (e.g., use the pools, etc.).

Does anyone know if day passes for the resort grounds are available?

Sweet Willie Nov 10, 2016 8:26 am

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant (Post 26955922)
We are staying at Lost Pines next month, and I have relatives nearby who would like to come visit for the day (e.g., use the pools, etc.).

Does anyone know if day passes for the resort grounds are available?

Did you end up staying? if so, what was your experience?

Sweet Willie Nov 10, 2016 8:36 am

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold (Post 26917055)
One interesting point - talking with the club staff, they're considering closing the club early, at then end of July. So keep this in mind for travel plans.

We showed up late so really didn't pay attention the the club verbiage the front desk person stated, as Diamond the key for me was two breakfast coupons for the restaurant as I generally prefer the breakfast offered in the dining room vs lounge.

Nice grounds for sure, I wish the weather had been warmer so that we could have checked out the lazy river and the FlowRider, a wave ride that simulates a “barrel-less” wave to bodysurf or stand up surf. There appeared to be charges for FlowRider, on a chalkboard it stated 4-6pm $25, so I'm not sure if that is happy hour pricing or ?

Room was fine, we were put on Regency level 4 as requested, I don't think we got any sort of upgrade despite there being low occupancy. Cooling system was quiet, the greatest noise coming from the in-room fridge, so I unplugged.

Breakfast was good, nice being able to order off the menu, breakfast took forever to get served, so much so we had numerous apologies from staff.

I likely will be back in April 2017

longleaf Nov 23, 2016 6:42 pm

Christmas at Hyatt Hill Country

I will likely be booking this hotel from Dec 23-26th. I will be there with 2 kids. My sis lives near San Antonio with her husband and 3 kids. Will they be able to visit us and use the facilities? Are there wrist bands or something to see who is staying there, and if not do they care if a hotel guest invites a few people to the resort to participate in the child hotel facilities like crafts/smores/etc (don't think we will be doing any swimming in the waterpark). Hyatt diamond if that matters. Also, any idea if the RC will be open during the Christmas weekend?

I don't know much about this resort, so any help would be appreciated. TIA

chuck1 Apr 22, 2017 11:50 am

We just stayed there as a Globalist in a 2 bedroom suite.
It was a really a living room with a connecting room with 2 double beds.
The staff is all very nice. The breakfast is also quite lovely. More like a quite decent brunch. Rooms were also spacious. Car valets were prompt too.
Kids loved the flow rider.
Before 4pm, it was $35 per child for an hour. You had to book it and you got it to yourself. My 3 kids reserved it each day 11am-12pm. After 4pm, they took up to 20 people for $25 for up to 2 hours so there was a bit of a line but not too bad.

A few negatives.
-We were assigned an 02/04 series room. It was right over the entrance so no view at all. In fact, I kept the blinds closed most of the time. The hotel didn't seem busy so I was surprised we were assigned these rooms.
-Hotel charged resort fee but these were removed when asked.
-Hotel didn't removed complete breakfast fee but these were removed when asked.
-Wi-fi was very spotty. Their excuse was lots of business travelers.
-One side of the pool area bar/food service was closed off. This meant a lengthy trek for any kind of food/beverage. I guess this was because if was mid-week and not a lot of tourists by the pool.
-One day lots of mosquitoes by the pool which they said happens sometimes. And when I say a lot, I mean we were covered with bites.
-Some of the decor is getting a bit dated but not too bad

Overall a good value especially if you are in that region.

Sweet Willie May 10, 2017 7:45 am

Had a recent stay at the Hyatt Wild Oaks property which is close to this property. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...nch-sa-tx.html

Wanted to report on dining at The Antlers

Started out with the charcuterie plate which contained housemade salami, elk pate, prosciutto. All REALLY good. The two types of cheeses were just ok.

Had a bone in ribeye that was very tasty and cooked to my preferred doneness.

Mrs Willie had the elk filet, cooked past her preferred doneness, was ok as a result.

Service was very attentive but shame on the restaurant for lack of training, waiter wasn't aware of why their steaks were special, what was on the charcuterie board, etc.

The Antlers at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort
9800 Hyatt Resort Drive
San Antonio, TX 78251

JetAway May 10, 2017 8:19 am

I strongly suggest that anyone staying at the Hyatt Hill Country drive out W/NW into the actual Hill Country. Beautiful scenery. SAT is not "in" the HC but is at its edge.

J.Edward Jun 1, 2017 7:38 pm

EV Chargers Installed

As of last week the #Hyatt installed two #tesla chargers (40amps) and 1 #J1772 charger. ^

ClarkGriswold Jun 29, 2017 10:22 pm

Just a heads up if you're visiting in July and were expecting the club to be open...it won't be.

Apparently word came down to employees Monday that they weren't opening it due to "financial considerations." Up until a then, they were telling all it would be open. For all intents and purposes the property doesn't have a club anymore (I don't think it's been open since last July).