Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency-Milwaukee REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency-Milwaukee REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JD623
Anyone know if this property offers free parking on Globalist award stays? If so would this also extend to a guest of honor booking? Thanks in advance.
Yup, they do. Just did it last week (on a free night certificate no less).

The only word of advice - do not use self park. If valet is full, tell them that valet is included for Globalists and self-park isn't/can't be reimbursed. They'll make room for you.
JD623 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by JD623
Anyone know if this property offers free parking on Globalist award stays? If so would this also extend to a guest of honor booking? Thanks in advance.
Last year as Guest of Honor I received free parking. And was happy they let me order off the menu instead of normal buffet.
JD623 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
That property is closer to a Radisson than a Hyatt.

I generally don't have a need to be downtown and I'm driving, so if I'm going to stay at a Hyatt it'll be the also-underwhelming HP MKE. The only redeeming value of the airport property is that it's a Cat 1.
The new HP Downtown is really nice. I've stayed there and the ratty old HR and will book the HP for my next trip in March. Street parking is free 6pm-8am and plentiful. The only advantage of the HR is location and plenty of restaurants within a short walk whereas the options around the HP were at the time limited, but that was a year ago and there was a lot of work being done in the area so I'd expect more options around the HP now.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mstrbldr
Last year as Guest of Honor I received free parking. And was happy they let me order off the menu instead of normal buffet.
This HR has a really good buffet. I agree, they've always let me order off the menu if I chose, but this is one of the better domestic HR breakfast buffets I've had.

Also I absolutely second the prior poster who said that if you're staying on points, tell the valet that you need valet parking, I've had a couple instances where they said there wasn't room, but then made room.
And finally - yeah, it's an "original" Regency and definitely getting tired. The rooms are on the smaller side and it's getting shabby. On the flip side, it's hard to complain when rate are regularly just over $100 for the night.
This used to be one of my favorite Mattress Run hotels back in Gold Passport days (since it's a Regency, you'd get 1K points/stay, plus 2500 points when the lounge was closed every weekend). Quick way to rack up a bunch of points and stays cheaply.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by jameswes
Yup, they do. Just did it last week (on a free night certificate no less).

The only word of advice - do not use self park. If valet is full, tell them that valet is included for Globalists and self-park isn't/can't be reimbursed. They'll make room for you.
If you're not a Glob, and I'm not, self-park is fine. Pre-pay at the machine off the skyway entrance once then swipe your ticket at the exit. Downside is that parking deck is DIRRRRTY.

I much prefer self park vs valet in any situation.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
This hotel was going through a remodel just before Covid. Not sure where it stands now.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:24 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 10/10 to 10/11

Hotel: Currently undergoing renovations. It's most noticeable in the common areas. Valet parking is currently operating and the valet guys were very good about getting my car quickly. You can also find a lot of street parking around here. No issues with waits for elevators.

Check In: My first stay as a Globalist. No mention of an upgrade or status and no water bottles. I was asked if my companion and I wanted breakfast at least.

Room: Not bad though definitely dated. The bathroom is absolutely tiny as you can see. Beds were comfortable at least and there were no noise issues.

Breakfast: Starts at 6:30 which is really nice for weekends. Standard buffet spread with scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, bacon and cold items included cereal, pastries, yogurt etc. Staff at breakfast were really helpful.

It was Pride in Milwaukee so hotels were extremely expensive. This being a Category 2 made it a great value.
waterandwoods likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:12 pm

Anyone have experience at this hotel vs the HP Milwaukee downtown? Using points, both are cat 2. They seem relatively close to eachother. Im globalist, going in Feb for 3 nights.
Is the HR refurb done? Seems like it’s dated.
Old May 7, 2022, 8:08 pm

Same question as above. Regency location looks better but HP seems nicer?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:13 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Checked in tonight for a 7 night stay for event at Wisconsin Center and surrounding venues.

globalist recognition was good. Free valet parking. Breakfast is offered in lobby restaurant. Additionally Regency Club will be open weekdays from 10AM Monday on for 24hr refreshments and snacks. I haven’t seen it yet so can’t comment on breadth of selection.

Atrium style hotel with glass elevators. Lobby and entrance recently remodeled but guest rooms are dated and small. I’m in a two queen room which is a nice option over two doubles.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by kpott
Checked in tonight for a 7 night stay for event at Wisconsin Center and surrounding venues.

globalist recognition was good. Free valet parking. Breakfast is offered in lobby restaurant. Additionally Regency Club will be open weekdays from 10AM Monday on for 24hr refreshments and snacks. I haven’t seen it yet so can’t comment on breadth of selection.

Atrium style hotel with glass elevators. Lobby and entrance recently remodeled but guest rooms are dated and small. I’m in a two queen room which is a nice option over two doubles.
RC is usually closed Monday mornings due to weekend closing. Curious what the morning/evening spread is like in the RC as I’ve only been staying weekends for the past few years.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by kpott

Checking in soon...what is the surrounding area like? Walkable to restaurants? Lively in the evening?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
Checking in soon...what is the surrounding area like? Walkable to restaurants? Lively in the evening?

walkable to many restaurants it seems. I wouldn’t say it’s lively but I think it’s not far away from more lively areas.

there’s a convenient bike rack for the local bike share program that is across the street.

I was hoping to take advantage of the sky bridge to the Wisconsin center as I have the odd and challenging task of walking my three small kids to and from the Wisconsin center each day and the sky bridge was a huge reason for selecting this over the Hyatt place. However the skywalk is closed due to construction.

The Hyatt place is far from the convention center and other downtown gathering places but the regency is very convenient.

Also worth noting that the peloton bikes in the guys are not functioning. One won’t turn on and another will turn on but subscription is expired.

final note the breakfast is lacking. The menu online boasts made to order options and omelettes but in real life it’s a very basic buffet on par with a Hyatt place breakfast.
NJTeacher likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Does anyone have recent experience staying here as a Globalist? Is the Breakfast still in the restaurant or did this shift to the Regency club?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by gold644
Does anyone have recent experience staying here as a Globalist? Is the Breakfast still in the restaurant or did this shift to the Regency club?
i will be here first weekend of august. will let you know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.