Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency-Milwaukee REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency-Milwaukee REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 6:29 am

Programs: DL, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont
Originally Posted by brendamc
As a Diamond, they always upgrade us to a suite, which is just 2 adjoining rooms - one with a Murphy bed & bigger sofa - it's not bad & Milwaukee is fun, so who cares? The Velvet Room is around the corner - great Key Lime Pie Martinis!
I have stayed in MKE many times this last year. As a Diamond, I have not been upgraded once. I always ask and they change floors and tell me it is a better room. I know the difference and was beginning to wonder if they had suites. It is close to my children so I continue to stay there. We don't spend much time at the hotel but it would be nice to be recognized as a Diamond. I prefer the Hilton's in MKE for upgrades and extras.

Last edited by abelscc; Aug 26, 2006 at 6:35 am
Old Aug 26, 2006, 6:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Originally Posted by abelscc
I have stayed in MKE many times this last year. As a Diamond, I have not been upgraded once. I always ask and they change floors and tell me it is a better room. I know the difference and was beginning to wonder if they had suites. It is close to my children so I continue to stay there. We don't spend much time at the hotel but it would be nice to be recognized as a Diamond. I prefer the Hilton's in MKE for upgrades and extras.
I admit, we did have to ask once, but they came up with one - the other times, it was just given to us without request. Sometimes the front desk staff there can be a little 'thick' - I asked for a manager the time they hadn't upgraded us.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:33 pm

Programs: Conti Plat/1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Recent Stay/Renovation

I stayed at the property a few weeks back.

As I approached the building I was thinking to myself, what did I get myself into. (My experiences with many of the mid-west Hyatt Regency's built in the ~70's have been lackluster). I was pleasantly surprised.

The property had just completed a major renovation. The rooms now look like a hybrid of the class of ~2008 Westins, with a small touch of W.

I ate dinner at the Bar 33 - the bar in the lobby. I was impressed. Everything I had was great. Nice presentation.

The Regency Club Lounge was typical, but there was a good selection and it was nicer than some of the other properties I have stayed at recently.

Overall a great stay. ^ Good job on the Renovation
Old Jun 21, 2009, 7:21 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Any other recent reviews? Is the Regency lounge open on weekends? Already stayed at Intecontinental (aka Wyndham "Grand") and wanted to try something new.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 7:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; UA Golod; SPG; Hyatt Diamond; AA PLAT; MR gold
Originally Posted by idealflyer
Any other recent reviews? Is the Regency lounge open on weekends? Already stayed at Intecontinental (aka Wyndham "Grand") and wanted to try something new.
Approx 20 nights in the hotel this year. The lounge is nice - decent breakfast (as diamond I have generally received a full breakfast coupon), gym is pretty good, location is nice - the upgrade is phenomenal in terms of quality improvement since the renovation. Hotel has run G promos all year so the stays are particularly valuable.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:06 am

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Stayed at this hotel last week for an night. Looks older on the outside, but it's a nicely renovated hotel inside. The club lounge is closed on weekends, but that nets the 2,500 point bonus and the restaurant downstairs has a good breakfast buffet to use the coupon.

Last edited by bschaff1; Oct 19, 2009 at 10:44 am
Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by bschaff1
Stayed at this hotel last week for an night. Looks older on the outside, but it's a nicely renovated hotel inside. The club lounge is closed on weekends, but that nets the 2,500 point bonus and the restaurant downstairs has a good breakfast buffet to use the coupon.
What 2,500 bonus are you referring to?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
The Hyatt Regency Milwaukee Gives Thanks

Just received this offer in my email:
For you this Holiday Season, a $75 present wrapped in a $19 million dollar renovation!

The Newly Renovated Hyatt Regency Milwaukee thanks each and every one of you this holiday season for staying with us over the last year. To show our appreciation, we are extending our $75 employee rate to you, our very special guest!

It's a great time to getaway and see all Milwaukee has to offer: cultural events, sporting events, shopping, or just old fashioned rest and relaxation with family and friends.

Book now through December 30, 2009 using the links below.

Click https://resweb.passkey.com/go/NOV2009 for a stay in November.

Click https://resweb.passkey.com/go/DEC2009 for a stay in December.

Offer valid at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee. All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Rate is per room, per night, valid for deluxe king or double/double guestroom. Additional charges apply to room-type upgrades. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. The trademarks Hyatt(R), Hyatt Regency(R) and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. (c) 2009 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

If you have questions or comments about this email, please contact [email protected]. Please do not reply to this email. For your convenience, to manage your Hyatt email subscriptions or to opt-out of communications from Hyatt you may:

1. Use the opt-out function on this email
or
2. Write to: Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, 333 West Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53203

Pretty sweet deal, especially if it can be combined with the Gx bonus!^
Old Dec 17, 2009, 2:01 am

Programs: UA *G
Just stayed here on a priceline stay, no issues whatsoever, friendly service, nice refurbished rooms. Only complaint would be their elevators. Budget an extra 3-5 minutes to get up or downstairs, since they stop randomly and don't show up very often. Hopefully they fix that - cause otherwise it'd be a perfect property.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: SPG Gold-no diff than Plat, so who cares; Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, US CP
I'm at the hotel as I type. I'm impressed. I'm here for business (yes, on a Friday night, don't ask), and a lowly GP Platinum. Nice, spacious, very clean (and I do a search and sweep) room with a nice view of downtown. Booked $129 w/$50 f&b credit...Bistro bar had slow, but attentive service and restaurant had great service, and a good dinner. Friendly, good service at check in (but not fast...no desk clerk was there when I arrived at 4:30pm), and good valet service. I'd definitely stay here again...
Old Dec 18, 2009, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by bsdstone
What 2,500 bonus are you referring to?
If there is a CLub lounge in a property, and the Diamond member is not given access -- either if the Club floor rooms are fully booked or the lounge is actually closed (on weekends) -- we are supposed to receive 2,500 plus the normal breakfast voucher.

At the ORD Hyatt back in November, the lounge was closed on the weekend but I was given a bar credit for two drinks and an hors d'oeuvre selection, plus the breakfast voucher. Just realized I never asked for the 2,500 pts because the bar offering was so good.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Does anyone know of any special offer codes for this property? I'm seeing rates around $99, but wanted to see if there's anything better out there like the $49 rate at the Hyatt Regency ORD.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bschaff1
Does anyone know of any special offer codes for this property? I'm seeing rates around $99, but wanted to see if there's anything better out there like the $49 rate at the Hyatt Regency ORD.
$49 at ORD? Where did you find this?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:28 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by bsdstone
$49 at ORD? Where did you find this?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...torm-rate.html
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: status-less.
Hyatt Deerfield just tonight tweeted a similar routine:

Stay at the Hyatt Deerfield for $59!! Go to deerfield.hyatt.com and use special offer code SNW1.
However, when I tried playing with dates on the website using that code, didn't find the rate - may need to call them directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.