Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency-Milwaukee REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency-Milwaukee REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2004, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I stayed at the HY MKE in June '03 and agree with the previous assessments. The staff was friendly and my room, although small, was recently redone.

If you like sports, take a few minutes and walk a block or so from the hotel to the outdoor plaque display of the Wisconsin Sports Hall of Fame - it was interesting to see how many famous athletes hailed from Wisconsin. a

http://www.sportsinwisconsin.com/wahf/index.php

If you drive to Chicago, another Frank Lloyd Wright gem is on the way, in Racine - the S.C. Johnson Wax headquarters:

http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildi..._Building.html

http://www.racinecounty.com/golden/schedule.htm
Old Aug 24, 2004, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1P emeritus; Hhonors Silver; Marriott Rewards Silver
Does the Milwaukee Hyatt suck that bad?

I haven't found a single good review of this place. Is it really that bad?

What's a better option downtown? Sounds like the Hilton also bites. And the Metro sounds far too full of itself.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 12:14 pm

I haven't found a single good review of this place. Is it really that bad?
No.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 12:53 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I haven't stayed at the Hyatt, but I have stayed at the Hilton and didn't think it bit too bad ...
Old Aug 24, 2004, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1P emeritus; Hhonors Silver; Marriott Rewards Silver
OK. Maybe the posts I read about Hyatt (and Hilton) were old, or the posters were fussy.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
The Pfister is always the best choice, but the Hya isn't all that bad...
Old Aug 24, 2004, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Was Just there last night...

...and NO, it does not suck that bad. It is clean, and a little dated, the rooms small, and the hotel kind of "groovy", but for Milwaukee...it's not bad.
The Pfister is the best in town if you like that type of decor, which I do not.
I would stay at the Hyatt again in a heartbeat.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 3:06 pm

BUMP - Anyone been there recently? We have 2 rooms 2 nights on points - seems like a waste as the avg rate is $100, but better than shelling out cash (I think). What do they do for Diamonds? Is there any chance of getting upgraded & to what? Anyone tried Polaris recently? Usually those spinning roof-tops are all about the view, so I'm not hoping for much...
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:44 pm

Milwaukee Update - Please???!!!

We've gotta stay there - any recent visits / Diamonds experiences - I imagine not too many have used pointsd to stay here, but I'm beyond paying $$ when I don't have to...
Old Nov 17, 2005, 11:16 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Originally Posted by brendamc
We've gotta stay there - any recent visits / Diamonds experiences - I imagine not too many have used pointsd to stay here, but I'm beyond paying $$ when I don't have to...
I just stayed there Oct. 22--24 for the Paul McCartney concert ^!
I recommend a revenue stay to earn a FFN.
It was a nice hotel--not fabulous. Good solid business Hyatt. No Regency Club. Convenient location. Check out the Safe House while in Milwaukee.
I have a $100 off a 2-night stay coupon which I can trade U.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 12:30 pm

Hyatt Milwaukee - We Stayed & We Survived quite well, actually...

Spent a weekend here early December - 2 rooms on points. No valet service & separate parking structure / operated by another company. I believe $12/day. Huge 70's style atrium hotel - check-in was easy (although I saw some long lines at other times). We received a king room (very comfotable bed!) with attached large room with loveseat, chairs, coffee table, TV & Murphy bed. Kids received a double double on the top floor - bit of vertigo looking down! In room complimentary coffee & coffee machine FOC on our floor til 11:30am I think. Sports Bar was fun. Portico ginger products, which I like much better than the old plain stuff. Kids had rooms service & were pretty happy with it, although hours are limited. Front desk was sortof clueless when asked about a local doctor, emergency walk-in (emergency turned out to be false alarm thank goodness!) Walked up to Mader's & Usinger's & a Starbucks, as the coffee vendor in the hotel was closed. Paid daily fee for internet access, although also a business center that also charges for same. All in all, it was much better than I expected, we had a good time and wouldn't have qualms about staying there again. It's not the Pfister, but we were happy.

Last edited by brendamc; Jan 3, 2006 at 1:05 pm
Old Aug 17, 2006, 4:24 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Okay, lala and joanek are heading to MKE to play drunken midnight croquet on Saturday and are paying an outrageous 199 bucks a night for this hotel. We're both diamantes and sharing a room, so I don't expect a suite, unless it is has adjoining bedrooms.

I believe its some car rally and Irish Fest that are causing every room in MKE to be filled.

Sigh.

Can you give us any updates on the MKE hyatt?

lala
Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:45 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Hotel - fine for a few nights, close to the 3rd ward historic district and the river stuff. Rooms are updated with new beds and comfortable, but overall, the hotel wasn't so hot.

I will say to its credit they moved us from one room that was a non smoking that smelled awful (stale cigarette smoke) to another in about 3 seconds after we called down to the front desk.

Didn't take an amenity, breakfast was good, hotel parking is not an eligible charge and there is no tmobile in the hotel.

Hotel was chock a block full of Irish fest participants and miss hawaiian tropic contest judges in various states of undress.

I was however, it was very quiet which amazed me.

lala

edited to add a verb

Last edited by lalala; Aug 23, 2006 at 11:01 am
Old Aug 23, 2006, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont
Originally Posted by lalala
Hotel - fine for a few nights, close to the 3rd ward historic district and the river stuff. Rooms are updated with new beds and comfortable, but overall, the hotel wasn't so hot.

I was however, it was very quiet which amazed me.

lala
I just found this thread. I wish I would have noticed last week. We could have arranged to meet. I live east of GRB. I actually went to MAD last Fri for a meeting and could have went home thru MKE. :-:

My daughter and son-in-law live near downtown. I am Hyatt Diamond this year, have stayed at the hotel and have not been impressed either.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:17 pm

As a Diamond, they always upgrade us to a suite, which is just 2 adjoining rooms - one with a Murphy bed & bigger sofa - it's not bad & Milwaukee is fun, so who cares? The Velvet Room is around the corner - great Key Lime Pie Martinis!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.