Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency McCormick Place REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency McCormick Place REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:47 am

Any recent reports of globalist breakfast? Haven’t see much in the past couple years posted.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:38 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
I need a one night stay in Chicago, arriving ORD around 5pm, leaving next day out of MDW around 11 am. The McCormick is closest to MDW Airport.

I'll be for 3 nights at CAA a few weeks earlier, so don't need top touristy attractions for this 1 night stay. Simply wondering if the McCormick is a good option and if there is anything worthwhile to see/do in the close proximitiy of the hotel.

Or would the community nevertheless suggest another Chicago Hyatt. Also don't want to be out in the "nowhere".

TIA for any insights.

Last edited by 59Impala; Feb 4, 2022 at 8:44 am
Old Feb 4, 2022, 1:24 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by 59Impala
I need a one night stay in Chicago, arriving ORD around 5pm, leaving next day out of MDW around 11 am. The McCormick is closest to MDW Airport.

I'll be for 3 nights at CAA a few weeks earlier, so don't need top touristy attractions for this 1 night stay. Simply wondering if the McCormick is a good option and if there is anything worthwhile to see/do in the close proximitiy of the hotel.

Or would the community nevertheless suggest another Chicago Hyatt. Also don't want to be out in the "nowhere".

TIA for any insights.
Fantastic hotel, outstanding Globalist recognition historically.Much better than Regency (rooms not aging well @ Regency)
This is winter now. Taxi or ride share wherever you wish to go.Chicago can be dangerous like any city.And the neighborhood nearby
is not something I would stroll around in even on a beautiful day.Its not Michigan Avenue
I haven't booked here in years as their restaurant has been closed for a long time.Perhaps that may have changed
Like the hotel so much I go out of my way to stay here sometimes
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 2:26 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Fantastic hotel, outstanding Globalist recognition historically.Much better than Regency (rooms not aging well @ Regency)
This is winter now. Taxi or ride share wherever you wish to go.Chicago can be dangerous like any city.And the neighborhood nearby
is not something I would stroll around in even on a beautiful day.Its not Michigan Avenue
I haven't booked here in years as their restaurant has been closed for a long time.Perhaps that may have changed
Like the hotel so much I go out of my way to stay here sometimes

thank you, sounds very promising
Old Feb 4, 2022, 3:31 pm

I live 2 blocks away from this hotel. The neighborhood to the north is great. South can get a little sketchy. It’s a quiet area without a ton going on, definitely nothing touristy. Some decent restaurants but that’s about it. If you’re looking for something to do fairly close by maybe checkout Pilsen.

agree that the rooms here are nicer than regency downtown. They usually give me a jr suite with a good view. Restaurant is not open as far as I know. Breakfast benefit is money for the market
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by 59Impala

TIA for any insights.
It's a nicer hotel than the HR on Wacker. That being said, there's not much around it vs. the HR on Wacker.

David
59Impala likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: US Air Silver, UA, WN CP, PC Plat, Hilton Gold, BW Diamond
One night stay with the family to watch the McDonald’s All-American high school basketball games. The Hyatt, Marriott and Hilton are all connected by skywalk to the McCormick Place Convention Center and the Wintrust Area. The hotel is nice, but food selections were limited. Stayed on points and upgraded to the top floor with a view of the city. Globalist breakfast was supposed to be at Sixes & Eights, but they were working on a equipment problem. We were told we could grab breakfast at the market. Everyone at the hotel was great and made us feel welcome.

ceebee100 likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Globalist Breakfast

Just called the hotel and they said they do nothing for the globalist breakfast? Is that true or do I just have a miss informed operator? Seems really poor for a hotel to offer nothing?
Old May 29, 2022, 5:32 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Jay00848
Just called the hotel and they said they do nothing for the globalist breakfast? Is that true or do I just have a miss informed operator? Seems really poor for a hotel to offer nothing?
I haven’t stayed here in years because of the closed restaurant and it’s to far to go looking for breakfast elsewhere
Seems as if they would likely have some grab and Go options at the very least from the Market
I’d call the Hyatt. Conceirge or call back and speak to a front office manager or desk manager for further clarification
Hyatt Regency Chicago and Park Hyatt restaurants were fully open for breakfast when I was there last year so this is deeply disappointing
to hear if still closed.I would want to see a menu before I’d go back
It worked well enough for me with grab and go @ Hyatt Regency Seattle but still not preferable
Old May 30, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I haven’t stayed here in years because of the closed restaurant and it’s to far to go looking for breakfast elsewhere
Seems as if they would likely have some grab and Go options at the very least from the Market
I’d call the Hyatt. Conceirge or call back and speak to a front office manager or desk manager for further clarification
Hyatt Regency Chicago and Park Hyatt restaurants were fully open for breakfast when I was there last year so this is deeply disappointing
to hear if still closed.I would want to see a menu before I’d go back
It worked well enough for me with grab and go @ Hyatt Regency Seattle but still not preferable
Spoke with concierge and they said they can try to find me a new hotel that offers breakfast. I am really amazed that a Hyatt this large can not offer some breakfast for globalist… but what is more amazing that corporate Hyatt allows it to happen!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.