Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina (San Diego) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina (San Diego) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:05 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by stvr
Propose renaming the thread as this hotel hasn't been Islandia for 18 years.
Why rush into something? in another 18 years they may rename it Hyatt Islandia Mission Bay😉
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:17 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by famd
Dining: The breakfast was the Red Marlin, a restaurant on the property. I had the Crab Benedict, which was meh. I also got a juice which didn't show up on the folio. I wouldn't eat here again if breakfast wasn't covered.
Sadly The once proud Red Marlin breakfast has sunk in quality so badly I reached out to Hyatt
Hyatt rep generally seemed to care and to my surprise the chef called me and we spoke requesting more information and photos of their past which I saved
My breakfast didn’t even make meh it was poor with out of season produce
I spent a few hours emailing all the beautiful photos of excellent past Red Marlin breakfasts to him and no response or follow up.After twenty four years of dining and staying there I will likely never return unless new ownership and management
steps in. I truly will miss their kind professional service team who treated me like family
Breakfast wise The Manchester is better but it is limited to the Club

Last edited by Zorak; Jan 27, 2024 at 5:24 am Reason: trim quoted text
Old Jan 27, 2024, 1:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Sadly The once proud Red Marlin breakfast has sunk in quality so badly I reached out to Hyatt
Hyatt rep generally seemed to care and to my surprise the chef called me and we spoke requesting more information and photos of their past which I saved
My breakfast didn’t even make meh it was poor with out of season produce
I spent a few hours emailing all the beautiful photos of excellent past Red Marlin breakfasts to him and no response or follow up.After twenty four years of dining and staying there I will likely never return unless new ownership and management
steps in. I truly will miss their kind professional service team who treated me like family
Breakfast wise The Manchester is better but it is limited to the Club
I’ve read a few reviews where the FD added the ability for Globalists to try the restaurant at Manchester. I believe they were fairly recent too either they got a nice FD or just their VIP team going the extra mile as they have for years.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 5:27 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by stvr
Propose renaming the thread as this hotel hasn't been Islandia for 18 years.
Done. For what it's worth, you can also use the triangle icon on each post to alert the mods for housekeeping requests (it's not just for bad posts )

And a generic reminder to all members to please trim the text you are quoting down to the relevant bits, so that readers do not have to scroll past a wall of text and/or images twice.

Thanks,
Mods
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 6:29 am

Would have to agree on the Red Marlin. I stayed here recently and while I got a really nice room upgrade, the food at the Red Marlin was terrible. It's a shame because the staff there was really nice. I had dinner there and I'm pretty sure I got a bit sick from it.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I have my own F&B complaint. The hotel up until yesterday was advertising an average but unexceptional printed menu at Red Marlin for breakfast. I looked it over and picked out avocado toast and a crab cake for breakfast. I woke up the first morning to discover that the hotel had phased out a la carte F&B at Red Marlin in favor of a quite modest breakfast buffet with low quality ingredients. My first preference is in room dining typically but I will settle for a grab and go bag of pick up order type food. In this instance, I was offered a to go box and a hack at the buffet. This is a huge, huge devaluation from before and not what was being advertised on the hotel's website, its welcome letter, its in-room QR, its in-elevator QR, or its in-lobby QR. I alerted the property and they are slowly fixing all the links to the menu. Shocking that it's been a few weeks and I was the first person to pick up on this issue. I am going to solicit a refund of 1 of my 3 award nights for the bait and switch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.