Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay San Diego (formerly Islandia) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay San Diego (formerly Islandia) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 17, 22, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by madderlake View Post
Thanks for this! Were you there mid week or weekend? How were the crowds (presumably this is low season?)

Also, curious which restaurants you were able to walk to?

Did you happen to see anyone paddle boarding in the marina - curious if that is going on these days....

Thanks!
I was there Friday 3/11 to Sunday 3/13. There were definitely a good amount of people at the hotel. While the pools didn't get much use in the cool weather the outdoor fire pits were doing a brisk business both nights I was there.

I did indeed notice paddle boarding and you can walk to a coffee shop called Mission Market, seafood place called Sportsmen's or another cafe called Royal Rooster.
Old Mar 17, 22, 2:34 pm

Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 22, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by JJ804 View Post
Does anyone know what is going on with limited award availability at this hotel? I couldn't get anything last weekend, and don't see anything for at least next Sun-Tue (21st-23rd). Is it just a small number of base rooms? Does anyone have experience with them opening inventory for a Globalist?
I picked about ten random dates over the next 6 months and can not find a single night of availability. What is this ridiculousness.
Old Apr 10, 22, 7:51 pm

Seems to be same for Manchester or Andaz - nothing on points!
Old Apr 10, 22, 8:31 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

My Thoughts are we are coming into high season here in San Diego and pent up demand may be at work.
Historically the hotel was very fair.July 4th weekend you needed to book a half year out or more typically.
But watching a number of Hyatt Hotels game standard award inventory like petty thieves not mentioning any names here
(hello Hyatt Centric Honolulu and some others) That too may be at play especially as hotels are ready to take every wooden nickle
they can to try and recover anything from pandemic losses

I was thinking of canceling my stay at a non Hyatt in NYC where I have the 4th night free but every award night is sold out for the
week so not giving up the booking this month.
Got a great deal as demand was soft many months ago when I booked and they use dynamic pricing for redemption
Demand seems to be skyrocketing in many markets.Easter is usually slow!!!
Even in scuzzy Downtown LA from my 55th floor suite last week the hotel was jammed and had packed elevators.
Had a reservation for breakfast and as an Ambassador
with a confirmed booking they said a 30 min wait for a table.
Luckily I was recognized by a long time thoughtful hospitable server who got us seated in a private dining area as we were hungry!
Return loyalty has its rewards well sometimes
Old Apr 18, 22, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by myb821 View Post
I picked about ten random dates over the next 6 months and can not find a single night of availability. What is this ridiculousness.
what is the standard room?
Old Apr 18, 22, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B View Post
Seems to be same for Manchester or Andaz - nothing on points!
Minimum stay requirements?

Ironic, I'm getting fantastic value on two one-night Marriott award stays in Manhattan this week (but likely no upgrades or breakfast ).
Old Apr 19, 22, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Minimum stay requirements?

Ironic, I'm getting fantastic value on two one-night Marriott award stays in Manhattan this week (but likely no upgrades or breakfast ).
New York is jam packed this week and I’ve gotten great value on IHg reward points far less than any Hyatt redemption
with 4th night free and a 10% IHG echase credit card rebate
They upgraded me into a studio suite on the 34th floor far above the 1 category upgrade promise.Private sit down check in for Ambassadors
Sparkling and still water daily from the mini bar complimentary and a 20 credit for breakfast a long as well as welcome amenity points

I considered the Grand Hyatt but said no to closed restaurants & lounge.Andaz 5th to expensive and Centric Wall Street to many
complaints from others here
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Apr 19, 22, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by myb821 View Post
Either demand is through the roof or someone may be gaming the system.There are ways to research this
Ive blacklisted hotels for life if I see a pattern of deception in any program I stay loyal too
Hello Hyatt Centric Honolulu
Old Apr 30, 22, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
Either demand is through the roof or someone may be gaming the system.There are ways to research this
Ive blacklisted hotels for life if I see a pattern of deception in any program I stay loyal too
Hello Hyatt Centric Honolulu

same. No availability across any dates.

does anyone know what the standard room type is?
Old Jul 7, 22, 4:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by coltonatx View Post
same. No availability across any dates.

does anyone know what the standard room type is?
I saw some a few weeks ago but now also see nothing across various dates..

Search this Thread