Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina (San Diego) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina (San Diego) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:51 pm

Having an upcoming stay in couple of weeks. Anyone been here recently? How is Globalist treatment? Suite upgrade at check in rare? Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:00 pm

Awesome everyone.. Nice Thread
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:05 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by kishna
Having an upcoming stay in couple of weeks. Anyone been here recently? How is Globalist treatment? Suite upgrade at check in rare? Thanks!
They're remodeling the lobby. The temporary lobby is in the other (tower) building.
The last time I was there (more than a year ago), they were talking about closing the club. IMO that would be HUGE improvement. This club here is mediocre at best. Globalists would then get restaurant breakfast ... and their restaurant is quite good.
I've never had a suite upgrade. (Suites were always sold out to families taking kidlets to Sea World.) I've always had an upgrade to a room with a better view. Of course, YMMV.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
They're remodeling the lobby. The temporary lobby is in the other (tower) building.
The last time I was there (more than a year ago), they were talking about closing the club. IMO that would be HUGE improvement. This club here is mediocre at best. Globalists would then get restaurant breakfast ... and their restaurant is quite good.
I've never had a suite upgrade. (Suites were always sold out to families taking kidlets to Sea World.) I've always had an upgrade to a room with a better view. Of course, YMMV.
I've been upgraded several times to something called a Junior Suite IIRC. It's a big odd.... the bed is offset into a separate room with a light curtain.

Agree with you completely that breakfast at the restaurant is far superior to what the club used to offer. That said, the club was also open for evening treats. All in all, a great property with stunning views.

Oh, and parking was odd last time I stayed there. They give you a parking pass to put on your dash --- but there is ALSO a ticket machine and gate. That makes no sense at all. Pick one or the other.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I was here in february and absolutely loved the property. I was here on business, but I thoroughly enjoyed having free order from the menu breakfast outdoors at the Red Marlin as a globalist - felt like I was on vacation. Being able to walk ~20-25 minutes to the whole mission beach area was great at night. The pools and slides were excellent, as well as walking around the marina and the small seafood restaurant that was a 2 minute walk. I would welcome the opportunity to go back whenever
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by JackE
I've been upgraded several times to something called a Junior Suite IIRC. It's a big odd.... the bed is offset into a separate room with a light curtain.

Agree with you completely that breakfast at the restaurant is far superior to what the club used to offer. That said, the club was also open for evening treats. All in all, a great property with stunning views.

Oh, and parking was odd last time I stayed there. They give you a parking pass to put on your dash --- but there is ALSO a ticket machine and gate. That makes no sense at all. Pick one or the other.
Hey JackE,

The parking pass you are talking about is the self-parking at the hotel correct?

Gathering from this thread, the only way to overnight park is at the hotel since city street parking has no overnight parking. Are there any other suggestions at least for cheaper parking closeby if one doesn't want to pay $38 a day?

Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by standbyme
Hey JackE,

The parking pass you are talking about is the self-parking at the hotel correct?

Gathering from this thread, the only way to overnight park is at the hotel since city street parking has no overnight parking. Are there any other suggestions at least for cheaper parking closeby if one doesn't want to pay $38 a day?

Thanks.
Yes, self-parking. They had the pass system before the gate was installed, so apparently no one was smart enough to get rid of the passes once the gates went into effect. Other than free parking if you are redeeming as a Global member, we're pretty much stuck. I once checked with the non-Hyatt property close by to see if they have separate parking, but they don't.

As far as parking in a not-so-close nearby neighborhood, Lyfting or Ubering over would be less expensive.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Yes, self-parking. They had the pass system before the gate was installed, so apparently no one was smart enough to get rid of the passes once the gates went into effect. Other than free parking if you are redeeming as a Global member, we're pretty much stuck. I once checked with the non-Hyatt property close by to see if they have separate parking, but they don't.

As far as parking in a not-so-close nearby neighborhood, Lyfting or Ubering over would be less expensive.
Thanks JackE for the insight, appreciate it much.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: Globallist
Had a 2 night stay here this week.

observatios and notes:

1. Lots of construction, remodeling going on. Very noisy until 5pm. Talking to staff; 75 million dollar renovation was done 10 years ago, guests must be rough on this property.

2. Club gone for good. Globalist breakfast at Red Marlin. Club is being remodeled to 3 revenue producing rooms. I will miss the club, especially the views.

3. Great location, still one of my favorites.

4. I feel like with all the construction going on, it should be on the reservation page when booking. Rates are pretty high for all this going on.

5. Got a small upgrade, all rooms seem dated, hence the remodel.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:11 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Question Which Property at SAN?

A family of 4 passengers staying one night departing on JL 65 in business which takes off around 11:35 AM from SAN. Globalist with Hyatt and Plat Premier with Marriott (SAN-adjacent Sheraton).

Which property near SAN should we stay at?

Should we partake breakfast at hotel or at SAN's Airspace Lounge?

Thank you!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:47 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Kalboz
A family of 4 passengers staying one night departing on JL 65 in business which takes off around 11:35 AM from SAN. Globalist with Hyatt and Plat Premier with Marriott (SAN-adjacent Sheraton).

Should we partake breakfast at hotel or at SAN's Airspace Lounge?

Thank you!
I wouldn't even think of dining at the air space lounge its dreadful IMHO Great for a beverage and peace and quiet
Your not far from Mission Bay Hyatt if they have an agreeable rate
They do a very solid first class breakfast typically with great views and the more recent GM is a prince of a fellow honoring any/most requests if reasonable
I've picked up some great rates there from 119 to 145 more recently and no resort fees for Globs ^
Kalboz likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:00 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I wouldn't even think of dining at the air space lounge its dreadful IMHO Great for a beverage and peace and quiet
Your not far from Mission Bay Hyatt if they have an agreeable rate
They do a very solid first class breakfast typically with great views and the more recent GM is a prince of a fellow honoring any/most requests if reasonable
I've picked up some great rates there from 119 to 145 more recently and no resort fees for Globs ^
I have a free night from the Chase affiliated CC and can book it. We are driving from Orange County the day before our flight. We will have a rental car which we need to return before arriving at the airport.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz

Thank you!
I would stay at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. While 11:35 am isn't the crack of dawn, why risk not being close to the airport by staying in Mission Bay? True, it's not hugely far, but still....
bbbb likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I would stay at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. While 11:35 am isn't the crack of dawn, why risk not being close to the airport by staying in Mission Bay? True, it's not hugely far, but still....
Not being close to the airport? That's 6 miles!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
HRMB +1. Casual atmosphere is great for kids and it's right on the bay. 777GMH, I always listen to his advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.