Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Baltimore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Baltimore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 3:16 pm
K79

Originally Posted by 4aks

It seems they are following Hyatt-wide plan to no longer offer complementary toothpaste
What do you mean? All Hyatt hotels will not offer toothpaste? Can guests request such item without being charge?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by K79
What do you mean? All Hyatt hotels will not offer toothpaste? Can guests request such item without being charge?
There is another toothpaste thread, it seems the Aquafresh contract is over, and properties with low inventories no longer place it in each room - however, it's available free on request at front desk
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:33 am

I made a stay a few weekends ago. The property was the same it's been for the past few years.

The bistro 300 and the regency club both had an annoying presence of fruit flies milling around the food

I did point it out in the club room on Friday evening, the staff said they would be taken care of , but they were still there on Sunday morning

Maybe they live in the kitchen and travel with the food

I got a NOR1 $99/nt upgrade to a nice suite, attached to a 2-bed room. Well kept and a good entertainment system, full fridge, bar, and microwave
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:59 pm

Does anyone know if non-guests can go up to the pool bar? How about the pool? Going to be in Baltimore this weekend and it seems like a great place to hang out during the afternoon, but sadly the hotel is sold out.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by berto714
Does anyone know if non-guests can go up to the pool bar? How about the pool? Going to be in Baltimore this weekend and it seems like a great place to hang out during the afternoon, but sadly the hotel is sold out.
It's off the 6th floor on a roof - need a keycard to use the elevator

This hotel pool is rather dumpy, so you'd be better off looking at a different property
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Diamond
Not Worth the $$$

From check-in to check-out, this hotel seemed to be quite consistent in their ability to miss all the marks.

We booked two rooms, one of which we applied a DSU to book into a suite. For the second room, they insisted upon a $30/night up-charge in order to be upgraded to a harbor view king. When we pushed back stating that should be complimentary for Diamond members, the front desk supervisor's response was that the up-charge would normally $60/night, so the Diamond benefit was a discount. They finally relented after acknowledging the room was not a suite, and therefore should be classified as a "best available room", but insisted this would be a "one-time exception."

As we arrived late, we requested that the Diamond amenity be sent up the next day at 500pm. We called at that exact time the next day to double-check, and were told that it was in route. After four calls, it finally arrived a little after 600pm.

The Regency Club is possibly one of the saddest in the system. Understand that Baltimore likely doesn't drive margins high enough to warrant investing above the bare minimum, but when your granola selection is crushed Nature Valley bars and the fruit selection is next to none, it is clear they are not even trying to that degree.

As the suite had two entry doors, we were surprised both mornings by the Cleaning Service bursting in the parlor room door unannounced. Common occurrence across the system, but still aggravating.

Safe to say, of all the Hyatt's I have stayed at year-to-date, this one unfortunately left the worst impression. With all the competition on the east and north sides of the Harbor, I'd say that this hotel needs to step up their game significantly, if they want to justify any sort of premium on their rates.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 9:10 am

So, they managed to rid the swarm of fruit flies out of the regency club buffet area?

I think there is a new Hyatt property a few blocks over ... I don't plan on visiting Baltimore anytime soon, but that new place is where I'd look to stay

Originally Posted by e53nyc
From check-in to check-out, this hotel seemed to be quite consistent in their ability to miss all the marks.

We booked two rooms, one of which we applied a DSU to book into a suite. For the second room, they insisted upon a $30/night up-charge in order to be upgraded to a harbor view king. When we pushed back stating that should be complimentary for Diamond members, the front desk supervisor's response was that the up-charge would normally $60/night, so the Diamond benefit was a discount. They finally relented after acknowledging the room was not a suite, and therefore should be classified as a "best available room", but insisted this would be a "one-time exception."

As we arrived late, we requested that the Diamond amenity be sent up the next day at 500pm. We called at that exact time the next day to double-check, and were told that it was in route. After four calls, it finally arrived a little after 600pm.

The Regency Club is possibly one of the saddest in the system. Understand that Baltimore likely doesn't drive margins high enough to warrant investing above the bare minimum, but when your granola selection is crushed Nature Valley bars and the fruit selection is next to none, it is clear they are not even trying to that degree.

As the suite had two entry doors, we were surprised both mornings by the Cleaning Service bursting in the parlor room door unannounced. Common occurrence across the system, but still aggravating.

Safe to say, of all the Hyatt's I have stayed at year-to-date, this one unfortunately left the worst impression. With all the competition on the east and north sides of the Harbor, I'd say that this hotel needs to step up their game significantly, if they want to justify any sort of premium on their rates.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:30 pm

Has anyone stayed here recently? Has the property gotten any better?

I booked it for a conference that is at the connected Convention Center this May. I booked it just before the hotel sold out. I guess besides the conference there is a White Socks game followed by a Yankees game.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Dec 2015 Stay

I stayed here for the first time in December 2015 as a Diamond member. The hotel was close to sold out and management was very helpful and responsive in securing me two upgraded rooms with short notice.

Both were upper level suites and very spacious, consisting of a large parlor area with a standard connecting bedroom. Each room had a full bathroom and the parlor area had plenty of seating, a desk space, dining table, and living area with large flat screen.

They were doing construction/updating of rooms and the Regency Club so it seems improvements are being made. I was happy to take the 2500 points and breakfast at Bistro 300 as the RC was closed. The buffet was pretty standard and good as it is at most Hyatt Regency's. I ordered ala carte and that was very good as well.

Service was fine in the restaurant and our in room diamond amenity showed up promptly. We didn't experience any issues with housekeeping, but we're also conditioned to hang DND tags on the doors upon arrival.

This hotel had great views overlooking the inner harbor/city and is very convenient to the aquarium and other museums. There are many activities and restaurants within walking distance. Paid parking with full in/out privileges is connected to the property.
Attached Images     

Last edited by gunksny; Feb 23, 2016 at 8:00 am
Old Mar 14, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Has anyone stayed here recently? Has the property gotten any better?

I booked it for a conference that is at the connected Convention Center this May. I booked it just before the hotel sold out. I guess besides the conference there is a White Socks game followed by a Yankees game.
I would avoid this place. The lounge is just pathetic, nothing to eat after 8:30PM. The breakfast in the lounge is awful, with salmon and bunch of pastries. That is all. No eggs, bacon etc. The wifi is pretty bad and my connection always drops.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:23 pm

Does anyone know if there is street parking around the hotel?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
We have stayed here a few times. Glad to hear they are improving the Regency Club - I agree that was needed. Otherwise it fits our needs - close to everything, good views, rates can be very good.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:23 am

I just stayed here last weekend. I recently got downgraded from Plat to Gold, so I can't comment on the Diamond amenities. But I was upgraded from the standard room to a full harbor view. Again no Lounge access, but I did eat breakfast in the restaurant. I paid $18 for a blue crab omelet, so pricey but good quality. Location was awesome. I didn't hunt for street parking, but you might have been able to find some a few blocks south.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Peridot83
I just stayed here last weekend. I recently got downgraded from Plat to Gold, so I can't comment on the Diamond amenities. But I was upgraded from the standard room to a full harbor view. Again no Lounge access, but I did eat breakfast in the restaurant. I paid $18 for a blue crab omelet, so pricey but good quality. Location was awesome. I didn't hunt for street parking, but you might have been able to find some a few blocks south.
Thanks! Do you know if the area is safe parking/walking wise? Or does it look safe?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by ang2383
Thanks! Do you know if the area is safe parking/walking wise? Or does it look safe?
We walked to a bar down the way, I'm thinking of. Very safe, and lots of restaurants and people out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.