Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Baltimore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Baltimore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:57 am

Programs: DL Plat, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold
We didn't have a great experience there when we did a weekend "romantic" trip a month or so ago. We booked a King Harbor View and they gave us a smoking room. When we asked to be moved, they showed us to another smoking room. Then they said they didnt' ahve any harbor views left. Finally after we had our bags ready to drive home (we live in DC) they finally offered to drop the rate and put us in a non-view room on the RC room. Granted, I'm just a Gold but STILL! We ended up staying because we REALLY needed a break away from home, but were not impressed.

Definitely stay at the Harbor Court if you have a choice.... That is a GREAT hotel.
Old May 15, 2006, 6:32 am

In the midst of a disappointing stay. Regency Club closed and noisy remodeling during the day - neither of which was disclosed on website or during check-in. I hate that.

(Website does show some outdate info on fitness center.)
Old Jul 17, 2009, 4:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
Anybody stayed here recently? How is it now?
Rooms completely remodeled. I put clients up here all the time. It's very nice, especially if you grab a harbor view room. Call the rooms exec in advance and make a special request if you're going to stay there. The Hyatt is walking distance to both stadiums in one direction, and a very short hop to the Inner Harbor attractions.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 12:05 pm

One Bedroom Junior Cityview Suite is the upgrade that can be confirmed for diamonds at the time of booking. Is it worth using the suite upgrade for that? Harbor view or superior suites are not offered.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Baltimore Inner Harbor

just recently completed a one night stay at this property

As a diamond, I was given a room on the club level overlooking the harbor. The room itself was avg but I enjoyed being close to the RC

The RC is open 24/7 although not staffed all the time; a fridge allows you access to soda, juices, milks, yogurt and other stuff; the coffee is from one of those machines (that I dislike) and the b/f was lox, bagels, cereals, (don't recall if there was any hot stuff); its a smaller sized lounge.

parking in the garage (self) as $27 and I was able to charge it to the room and get an in and out card (that never worked at raising the gate)

I didn't use the restaurant or fitness center

for those of you that use it, there are self check in kiosks.

Although the website is not showing the G1 bonus, I did ask for and its on my folio.

Internet did not show up on my bill (correctly as diamond) which was nice.
Old May 3, 2010, 7:32 am

I stayed here this weekend, using a free night after checking out relatively costly Priceline and hotwire prices. Apparently the Red Sox and Orioles have a rivalry and the Red Sox were visiting this weekend, so cheap hotel rooms were out of the question...

I used the check-in kiosk and was disappointed that I was only able to get the room I booked, a city view on a high floor with double beds.
I go to the room. The double beds are just full and not queen beds, surprising me. I can hear sirens from outside and the chime of the elevator, though I am a few doors down from it.

I read the reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor. I find out lots of Priceline folks had been upgraded harborviews in the past. I check to see if the hotel is still selling harborviews for tonight. They are. I am annoyed.

If you stay here-it's got a fantastic location-don't use the check-in kiosks, especially if your reservation doesn't already have a upgrade in it.

I had some issues getting my F & B diamond amenity, but the hotel took care of me rather generously because of it.

Last edited by artemis021; May 13, 2010 at 5:01 pm
Old Jun 11, 2010, 5:02 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
1 night stay. 2 rooms booked. Received Plat amenity for both. Booked doubles (all that was left using corp rate) FD managed to locate 2 Kings on the Harborside even though hotel was sold out. Major kudos. Forgot CL access, extremely apologetic, and new keys were delivered to the room ASAP. IMO partially my fault as my requests for room changes disrupted the check-in process/patter.

CL was a disappointment. Very small, no harbor view, and rather untidy. Access to frig 24/7 is a plus. Did not breakfast there as restaurant brekkie is included in my corp rate.

Rooms themselves are nice, but not spectacular. "City sized" with smaller sized bath. Doubles appear to have tubs, Kings have showers - normal amenities. Both have the usual desk area; flat screen TV. Instead of a chair + hassock, rooms have the chaise lounge chairs - great place to enjoy the view. And the view is spectacular - day and nite. ^

Brekkie was Hyatt buffet - but Mr Sophie wanted a waffle, and they made it for him. Another person in our party did not want the buffet scrambled eggs - they made him new ones. Pretty restaurant with fountain and pond. Server was absolutely one of the best I have ever experienced.

This may be a standard Hyatt - but what placed it in the superior range was the quality of service. Everyone was accommodating, friendly, and all requests were met. Mr. Sophie left his phone in the room - we called back and when we returned, hotel security was outside waiting for us with phone in hand. Very nice.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Quick Review: 12/13/10 Stay

Hyatt Gold Passport Status: Platinum

Arrived @ hotel after 10 PM. Reserved a 1 queen bed non-smoking room - was given 1465 - a 1 king bed non-smoking room with an adjoining room (connecting door) that had a murphy bed and a sitting area w/a couch that probably was also a bed. Both rooms had a direct view to the East and looked over the Inner Harbor. I was quite happy with this arrangement of rooms and view.

The Regency Club is closed right now - at least thru the end of December due to low occupancy in the hotel. Was given an envelope with a welcome letter and coupons to use in the Bistro 300 - which was ending dining service @ 11 PM. Coupons covered a free appetizer and 2 non-alcoholic drinks - but no appetizers on the late menu. Anyway, ordered a burger and a Mountain Dew - both of which the waiter covered with the coupons so I ordered a mixed drink so that I had something to tip him against on a room charge.

Up early for the buffet breakfast - which I had a coupon for also. In addition when I checked in, the Desk Manager gave me a card to cover my overnight parking too.

While I would have liked to have gotten into the Regency Club since I'd never stayed at this hotel before, all of the other elements that comprised my brief stay were quite enjoyable.

David
Old Oct 29, 2011, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Review: 10/27/11 (1 night)

Hyatt Gold Passport Status: (still) Platinum

Note: Do not accept a Suburban as a rental car if you're going to stay at this property. Not fun having park the vehicle in this Hyatt's lot and it _just_ cleared the lights and other hardware in the garage. Also, $27/night is a feature I could have done without and wasn't comp'd unlike my stay in December.

Meta-Note: Occupy Baltimore has set up its encampment at the southeast corner of Light and Pratt (i.e., across the street from the hotel).

Got to property by 5:30 PM. Had upgraded my 1 night reservation with a suite upgrade award from my Hyatt CC. When asked, desk clerk said I would not get Regency Club access with the 1 bed suite. Didn't press for the cost of upgrading for Regency Club access but was clearly a bit suprised and taken aback given the benefits I received when I last stayed here.

WRT parking, the clerk gave me a card independent of my room key in order to use the in/out privilege.

Was given 757. Again, this is a 1 (king) bed room with an adjoining sitting area - basically the same as the one I received in December. However, being that this room is much lower, the sound from the party in the lobby was still quite loud and came through the floor. Toward that end, _all_ of the rooms on the 4th through 6th floors all have corridors that connect into the hotel's atrium so you'll get an earful if there's anything going on in the hotel.

Had I been a bit more gregarious, I could have gone down to the Bistro 300 for the 4 to 6 PM happy hour for half price appetizers and drinks.

Also, I was thinking of going to sleep early but my downstairs neighbor kept his TV on and loud past midnight. Just about when I was going to call the Front Desk did he turn it off. So sound attenuation in that room is not great (see next comment too).

After I checked in, I decided to take the property up on the 2 PM checkout and they agreed to it. Came back from my early meeting and decided to try to nap. In some ways, this was a mistake since housekeeping staff kept opening and closing a service area right across the hall. Also, there was some drilling, hammering and other mini-construction going on which made it hard to get to sleep in the late morning/early afternoon before vacating at 2 PM.

Looking at the floor layout diagram on the back of my room's door, there appear to be 3 rooms in the bedroom+sitting room configuration on each floor. Since I didn't look at the back of the door when I stayed in December, I have no idea whether there are more suites that are larger on the 14th floor where the Regency Club resides.

Swung past the exercise room on the 4th floor - separate facility with decent machines. There are stairs that go up from there - to the pool I expect (could smell the chlorine). However, the stairs were roped off. Going to the 6th floor which shows as the access to the pool, sign on the door to the pool indicated that it is only open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Signs on the 6th floor indicated that there is a tennis court to be had but I didn't go looking for it.

Since I didn't get the coupons I received in December, went to the Perks for breakfast. Picked up a ham and brie sandwich (since I didn't want a danish or pastry) for $5. They also had egg/ham breakfast sandwiches in a warming oven that I didn't go for because for some reason the bread had rosemary as best I can recall.

Upshot: Unless I can get a better rate in the future that includes at least what I received in December 2010, I'll not be going back.

David
Old Jun 15, 2012, 5:09 am

I'm going back to the property for the first time next weekend for an O's game with the kids for my youngest birthday.

This time I'm a lowly rotten plat and my stay is on points. I've reserved a RC level room using the 3000 extra points as its worth it to me for a one night stay getting a few sodas and b/f for the kids (and coffee for me) in the a.m.

My question is are there any significant changes in 2012 (no posts since 2011) that I need to be aware of.

I presume the lounge is open (and open on the weekends) but want to make sure and double check.

Is parking still $27?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I'm going back to the property for the first time next weekend for an O's game with the kids for my youngest birthday.

This time I'm a lowly rotten plat and my stay is on points. I've reserved a RC level room using the 3000 extra points as its worth it to me for a one night stay getting a few sodas and b/f for the kids (and coffee for me) in the a.m.

My question is are there any significant changes in 2012 (no posts since 2011) that I need to be aware of.

I presume the lounge is open (and open on the weekends) but want to make sure and double check.

Is parking still $27?
Same for me, coming in mid August with my son for 1 night. Plain Gold. Is the 3K points extra work the RC?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 6:22 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Same for me, coming in mid August with my son for 1 night. Plain Gold. Is the 3K points extra work the RC?
You'd only be able to apply the upgrade if you pay the Hyatt Daily Rate - discount rates (AAA, Senior, or corporate) do not work.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Not a big fan of this hotel. Probably stay here 3 times a year for work. Noise seems to float up to all the rooms. My last stay (mid-May), the A/C was incredibly noisy all night.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by peteropny
You'd only be able to apply the upgrade if you pay the Hyatt Daily Rate - discount rates (AAA, Senior, or corporate) do not work.
Actually meant 15K or 18K with Gold Passport Points..
Old Jun 17, 2012, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Actually meant 15K or 18K with Gold Passport Points..
I'll let you know after next weekend

I look at it as access to soda, and b/f for myself and the kids in the morning which is worth it, but I"ll let you know for sure after its done

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.