Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Atlanta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveholt
Regency Club lounge hours (closed as of 4/22 due to COVID)
  • Open: Daily 6:00am-9:00pm
  • Breakfast: Daily 6:00am-9:30am
  • Evening: Daily 5:00pm-9:00pm (1 free drink during 5-7pm happy hour; otherwise alcohol for purchase)
  • Information as of 8-May-2019
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Atlanta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 3:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
I just finished a say for CMON Expo - very small convention. So the hotel was much quieter then DragonCon. The new international tower rooms are very nice, huge tv.

It's a very nice downtown regency hotel!
Old May 17, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
excellent stay.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 2:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 12/12 - 12/13

Location: The hotel is located in the Peachtree Center part of Atlanta near some of the other large downtown hotels. Nearby are a number of restaurants you can walk to from upscale to chain sit down and chain fast food places. It's a less than 20 minute drive (or $18 Uber) from ATL if there's no traffic and you can always walk to the MARTA easily. The neighborhood can be a tad sketchy and I was panhandled while standing in the hotel driveway at 11 AM.

Hotel: A massive structure with a huge central atrium as well as a second attached tower. In the lobby are a couple of restaurants, one a standard bar/grill type and one more upscale, a store and best of all for the business traveler: a FedEx Office location which allows for 24 hour printing and copying. There's also a revolving restaurant on the roof in true Hyatt Regency style.

Check In: I was thanked for being a Discoverist member and asked if I needed my 2 PM check out. I was assigned a room in the attached International Tower which was slightly disappointing as it meant no fun scenic elevator rides.

Room: My room was very modern and obviously renovated. Large bed, large TV, work space, outlets near the bed and wifi that worked really well plus a nice view of downtown Atlanta. There was also an area near the door with a mini fridge (with two 32 ounce bottles of water) and coffee maker. The only disappointment was the tiny bathroom.

Dining: I had dinner at the bar and grill (Twenty-Two Stories) which has some good beers on tap and made a pretty good burger.

My rate was $111 and as long as it's affordable this will be my new go to Atlanta hotel.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Does this hotel offer free parking on award stay for Globs?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist -> AA Executive Platinum, BAEC Gold, Spirit Lifetime Somebody
Originally Posted by scienm
Does this hotel offer free parking on award stay for Globs?
Yes, although in my experience not automatically, I had to call them after the fact to adjust the charges.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA 1k, AA Exec Plat
Am I understanding that the Club Lounge is open on the weekends, but only has paid drinks and no snacks?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by flybyFIRE
Am I understanding that the Club Lounge is open on the weekends, but only has paid drinks and no snacks?
I'm wondering about this as well. Additionally, is breakfast available in the Club Lounge on weekends? I'm looking at booking an award stay since 8k/night sounds pretty reasonable for the location and using a Club Access Award if it will provide breakfast.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Lounge hours posted above in wiki. Unless something has changed recently, the lounge is open for breakfast daily including weekends. One free drink during happy hour daily including weekends.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Lounge hours posted above in wiki. Unless something has changed recently, the lounge is open for breakfast daily including weekends. One free drink during happy hour daily including weekends.
Thank you. I thought that sounded strange.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Stay Report - 12/12 - 12/13

Location: The hotel is located in the Peachtree Center part of Atlanta near some of the other large downtown hotels. Nearby are a number of restaurants you can walk to from upscale to chain sit down and chain fast food places. It's a less than 20 minute drive (or $18 Uber) from ATL if there's no traffic and you can always walk to the MARTA easily. The neighborhood can be a tad sketchy and I was panhandled while standing in the hotel driveway at 11 AM.

Hotel: A massive structure with a huge central atrium as well as a second attached tower. In the lobby are a couple of restaurants, one a standard bar/grill type and one more upscale, a store and best of all for the business traveler: a FedEx Office location which allows for 24 hour printing and copying. There's also a revolving restaurant on the roof in true Hyatt Regency style.

Check In: I was thanked for being a Discoverist member and asked if I needed my 2 PM check out. I was assigned a room in the attached International Tower which was slightly disappointing as it meant no fun scenic elevator rides.

Room: My room was very modern and obviously renovated. Large bed, large TV, work space, outlets near the bed and wifi that worked really well plus a nice view of downtown Atlanta. There was also an area near the door with a mini fridge (with two 32 ounce bottles of water) and coffee maker. The only disappointment was the tiny bathroom.

Dining: I had dinner at the bar and grill (Twenty-Two Stories) which has some good beers on tap and made a pretty good burger.

My rate was $111 and as long as it's affordable this will be my new go to Atlanta hotel.
It is also a STEAL at 8,000 Hyatt points. I see this hotel once a year at a convention, usually one of my friends has a room here, and they actually prefer the towers over main area during a busy weekend. The Polaris restaurant up top is also excellent.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:05 pm

I like the place if it's not crowded. But if there's a convention, then I prefer the Midtown Hyatt Centric.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:59 am

Had a one night stay here recently after a weather issue with my flight. I really love the live chat feature via the app - the hotel was super responsive and saved me a lot of time and effort from having to call or go down to the front desk. They also advertised a texting option too at the front desk/TV in the room. All interactions with the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I booked a base room and some time after I alerted them I would arrive late, they upgraded me to the standard suite. Was given 4pm checkout with no issues and was able to later extend it a little bit without a problem.

I stayed in the main Atrium tower. The suite was in the corner of the building, renovated, and had two balconies - one in the bedroom and one in the living room. Good views of the city. Table and couch in the living room/dining area were good for working. There were plenty of power outlets in the bedroom, it was a little more sparse in the living area.

The lounge is small but had carry out options for tea/coffee, which was nice. Hot options in the morning are limited to oatmeal and a warmed pastry (ham, egg and cheese in puff pastry). Otherwise there's a small spread of cold cuts/cheeses, bakery items, bagels/bread, yogurt, and a selection of canned/bottled drinks.

The negatives:
1. The bathroom is absurdly tiny in comparison to the rest of the suite - same size and look as CMK10's previous report. You had to scoot into the bathroom a bit in order to close the door, which swings close to the toilet. If I were staying longer, the small space of the bathroom makes it harder to hang up/reuse towels.
2. I'm usually ok with using the hotel coffee maker to make some hot water and will just run some tap water through a few times first to clean it. I gave up on the Keurig - it really needed a deep clean/rinse out as there were a lot of brownish particles that were floating around in the water receptacle.
3. I get there is limited occupancy during the day, which leads to limited room service options. I'm typically unable to step away for long periods of time during the normal work day, so I depend a lot on room service. There are no specific 'lunch' options, just the typical pared down '24 hour' options that they pull from their marketplace. Not sure if there are logistical limitations to leveraging their in-house restaurants which are open for sit-down lunch for room service, which is what they use for breakfast/dinner anyways. I ended up using Uber Eats for a more substantial meal.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:20 pm

Stayed four nights last week. As Explorist, booked a base king with rollaway bed, was upgraded the night before (saw it in the app) to a king deluxe corner with no rollaway. That's alright though as it's 50/50 whether the rollaway is helpful or not. Room is pretty spacious although I think a large portion of the sq ft is wasted in the foyer/hallway area. When you exclude this entryway you are really just left with a decently large, non-suite room. Nothing to sneeze at, but nothing extravagant. It was nice to have all the luggage stored away in the large hallway though so nothing extraneous took up space in the room. Bathroom was not large as previous reviews mention, but it wasn't cramped either, probably because ours was enclosed with a heavy sliding door and not an inswing. View was alright. Not amazing but not bad. My wife actually thought it was pretty nice (perhaps cause I checked in first and lowered her expectations).

Lounge seems adequate to me. First time in a Hyatt lounge and I'm sure there are worse and also plenty (outside the US) that are far nicer. Hotel wasn't too busy though...had it been then the lounge likely would feel too small/cramped. There's not much of a view up there but the food overall is decent and offerings are consistent.

I like the location, very convenient to Peachtree Station and directly across the street from White Oak Kitchen. Not too far from the Aquarium, World of Coke, or the stadiums.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 1:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 7/22 - 7/23

Hotel: Both of the restaurants are closed. Only the Market is open and its menu is obviously limited but they are selling beer, wine and some alcohol. They do also have hot options for breakfast.

Check In: Friendly agent who thanked me for being Discoverist and asked me how many keys I wanted. The check in areas now have plexiglass in front of all the desks.

Room: Still very nice. I was on the 24th floor of the International Tower without much of a view sadly but as usual the room did not disappoint. Due to lack of daily housekeeping all toiletries are doubled. Soundproofing and Wifi work very well.

This is still in my opinion the best full service property I've been to downtown of any chain, I just wish one restaurant was open.
ne0ven0m likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 12:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone been here recently? I'm wondering if the Club is open these days due to the pandemic. I have a stay in mid-May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.