Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Atlanta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveholt
Regency Club lounge hours (closed as of 4/22 due to COVID)
  • Open: Daily 6:00am-9:00pm
  • Breakfast: Daily 6:00am-9:30am
  • Evening: Daily 5:00pm-9:00pm (1 free drink during 5-7pm happy hour; otherwise alcohol for purchase)
  • Information as of 8-May-2019
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Atlanta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2003, 9:20 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Greetings all,
Regarding the Hyatt Regency Atlanta .
I have stood in defense of this property for years despite some of its minor shortcomings simply because of its management team.
They can and do take care of their Gold Passport members.
And will to the best of their ability solve problems if you are unhappy with any of your experience/accomodations.
Please bring it to there attention when in house if possible.
They can hopefully resolve the problem to your satisfaction right then and there.
They have never let me down on any concern.
Even with noisy guests next door.....
Anything that can go wrong does go wrong in a hotel this size
Sometimes the new front dek agent can assign you the wrong room for example.......
But this hotel actually cares that you are satisfied.
And as the one of the posts above stated Hyatt Corporate Services took care of the concern in a first class way when it didn't.
Including a nice goodwill gesture
They also adressed the issues honestly,with the hotel directly and the appropriate parties.
That is the Hyatt I know and respect.
And the reason Hyatt continues to get my business today and over the past decades.
Its called trust.
Each and every time I buy in confidence when staying at Hyatt Hotels.
I can't say that at many of the quality brands I stay in.
A lot of it is at your own risk today.
Let us also not forget that Hyatt is one of the only loyalty programs I can think of that pulled no nasty surprises with those so called enhancements nonsense
They remain the same great program before and after 9-11 without any negative changes I can think of.
And for Diamonds the luxury of a great breakfast all around the world.
Faster Free nites is just the icing on the cake.
For those that may be traveling for a stay to the Hyatt Regency Atlanta let me give you my personal contact there should you need to contact them.
He is one of the managers there
and a Prince of a fellow
He has a wealth of experience at the property and in dealing with guests one on one patiently and one at a time.
Many of the staff there will really go that extra mile.
During a nightmare checkout of a large group all checking out at once the conceirge desk managed to get me checked out and avoid the traffic jam at the front desk.
Speeding me on my way to the airport.
The hotel is in a great location.
And cost effective Marta can whisk you to the airport in record time.If a taxi or a shuttle is not in your budget
Upgrades are the norm at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta not the exception.
Theres no cover up here there are some rooms that could use some upgrading.
Yet I know as an elite I will still get one of the more choice rooms.
I look foward to my return there in August and see the fine staff who have assisted me for years and to more then a few along the way I consider as friends.
Have a great stay and feel free to email me if you are heading to the Hyatt Regency Atlanta.
Have a great stay !

------------------
AA & Starwood,Marriott Platinum
Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
Swissotel Club Gold
U/A 1k
Old Jun 7, 2003, 9:44 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I kind of agree with everyone's opinion here. I was at the property in early May on the hyatt.com rate, they preblocked suites (both rooms booked) for me. However, the room that I was in was rather worn (nothing major but the carpet was kind of dirty and should have been replaced or at least stretched). This was in the Main Tower - in December I had a "regular" room in the International Tower which was in much better condition. So they do try to the right thing for Hyatt Diamonds which is impressive for a property this size. Unlike the Chicago Park Hyatt
Old Jun 14, 2003, 7:29 am

Hyatt Regency Atlanta Room Problem

I am checking into the Hyatt Regency Atlanta (on Peachtree Street) tomorrow for a total of four nights.

When I first booked the room, I reserved a King room. Shortly after that, I found that someone else would be joining me, so I called the hotel to switch my room to a Double-Double. The agent said that all Double-Double rooms were already sold out. I called back yesterday and received the same response.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to remedy this situation? Are all the Double-Double rooms really full, or does the hotel hold some back? Should I call back reservations tomorrow (arrival date) and try again, or perhaps call the Front Desk Mananger or Front Office Manager? When does the hotel usually block rooms?

Thanks for any help!
Old Feb 29, 2004, 8:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
As a Diamond, a few years ago, I called the front desk a few days before my arrival. I requested a suite with RC privileges instead of being on the RC floor. My request was granted. Its worth a request.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 9:01 pm

I had one of the worst experiences -- ever -- with this hotel last week.

When I arrived, they had my reservation (I am a Diamond) but they had not blocked a room for me. They ended up NOT honoring my room type request (in spite of talking with two managers). No compensation. No Diamond welcome amenity.

When I arrived in the room, I found paper cups instead of glasses. I called the guest service line and I was told it was for "sanitary reasons." Some additional checking determined the real reason was the drought in Georgia. I asked if I could have a fee reduction for the room because of the paper cups and I was told, again by a manager, "that is not what this is about." They sent glasses instead.

The next day, valet parking lost my car. I had to spend 30 minutes walking through the bowels of the parking garage with one of the valets in an attempt to find the car. Whenever I had to get the car, it took at least 20 minutes. Calling from the room first did not help. In fact, one time they denied that I had called.

I ordered a hamburger from room service. Asked for ketchup and mustard. When the burger arrived, you guessed it...no kechup or mustard.

This was not a Priceline reservation, this was through the Hyatt web site.

No one at the hotel seemed surprised by any of this. No compensation, no sincere apology.

It is this type of performance that destroys the Hyatt brand.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 4:14 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Priority Club, Hhonors
Stayed here twice this month on the Business Plan level. Rooms are fresh and clean--just like in the hyatt.com pictures. Neat atrium. Safe location, well located for downtown.

I would recommend it, depending on the price.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: Diamond Hyatt, Delta Silver Med, Emerald Exec Elite, AAdvantage, Hhonors Sil, Mariot. Silver
Great hotel, spent a lot of time there 2006.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Checked in late in the evening on Sunday, March 9. Very nice upgrade to corner suite. Went up to the Regency Club on Monday morning and it was closed - lights out, chairs stacked on tables. I went down and asked the front desk clerk about it. She acted puzzled and said it might be because of the hotel's low occupany. I was offered a coupon for the full breakfast buffet in the cafe. All in all, a nice stay.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:46 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Entry level on most others
Just last night used a Next Big Thing night reward at this hotel and was actually upgraded to a suite with RC privileges (Room 2005 fyi). Staff was extremely nice. Much of the hotel has been refurbished lately. As with most convention hotels, it's hard to keep up just due to volume but they are doing a good job there. Have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. The Grand in Buckhead Atlanta is definitely nicer but this one is no longer the disaster mentioned in other posts.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it convenient and safe to take MARTA to/from airport at night?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum/ DL Silver
So the I check into the Hyatt Regency on 1/1/2010 after staying at the Grand Hyatt Buckhead the night before. I was a little apprehensive at first given the age of the property, but that quickly subsided once we checked in. Our rate ended up being around 104 once the estandby upgrade took effect. The hotel lobby is massive. The only other atrium that I've seen larger is at the Marriott Marquis in downtown Atlanta. The valets were friendly and even though we were early and it was a big checkout day all the first contact staff was a pleasure. Checkin was swift and prompt. She acknowledged my platinum status and said while the internet would show up on the bill it would be removed upon checkout. No worries. Got our keys and were placed in room 1955 in the international tower. Not sure if all the floors were like this, but all the doors on our floor were painted bright red with red accents on the carpet and throughout. It made me think of the Shining.
The room was bright clean and one of the walls was nothing but glass. Always a nice touch especially when the view faces north looking out to midtown and Buckhead. Also, there was a small balcony that you could stand on and close the sliding door to smoke. I didn't. I have a thing about heights and the elevators are fast enough that traveling 19 floors to smoke wasn't a time issue. A large desk with two chairs set up for it as well as another with a foot stool to lounge in. TV was a flat screen however the channels weren't in HD. I never understood that though. Since this was only my third stay at a Hyatt property I'm not sure if this is the norm. At least they had flatscreens unlike the much newer Grand Hyatt Buckhead which did not. The bed was soft and as promised a king. We hung out and had some cocktails and room service which turned out to be better than expected. Took a nap then headed out to the catch the Hawks vs Knicks game.
The game was garbage. If anyone saw the highlights you know what I'm talking about. We had dinner at a little mexican place called Jalapeńo Charlies and the food was good. Strolled back to the hotel around 11 or so and went to the bar. Ordered drinks and then we waited for at least 20 minutes to get our beverages, well one of the drinks. They were out of Peroni so instead of getting the new beer I ordered I waited another 10 minutes while he served a large party. How a group of 8 got there drinks before me even though they came after us was a mystery. I guess 30 minutes is acceptable for a initial drink. During the wait we admired the atrium some more and watched some football. While I never felt insecure there definitely were suspect characters walking around the lobby area. Halfway thru my drink a server comes by and announces last call. I think this is the first time I've ever been in a hotel where the bar closed before the law states it has to. And in Atlanta that is 230 am. Being that the service was so poor it was probably best we paid and left.
Get back shower and clean up a little. My only gripe with the room was the bathroom. While i didn't expect marble or anything else grand I didn't expect it to be the size of a closet. I don't like having to close the bathroom door to use the shower and it has to be closed to use this one. Fell asleep quickly to the twinkling lights of midtown and woke up fresh.
Called valet to tell them that we would like our car as I had a meeting in an hour. No one answered. Called back 5 minutes later still no answer. Called the front desk and was told they probably were busy and I should just go down there. I was informed there was a large checkout happening and going downstairs and waiting would be the only option at that time. The whole point of valeting was to make sure that I could access my car without having to stand in a garage where the current air temperature was 19 degrees. Hit the front desk and they were just as gracious checking out and they were checking in. Made in downstairs to the garage and they weren't busy. Two people were sitting there literally doing nothing and the actual valets retrieving cars, all four of them, were moving at anything but a hurried pace. It still took 5 minutes to find my car.
All in all the public areas of the Buckhead locations are better. The Regency wins in the room catergory though. I won't comment on the rates, but I expect to pay a premium for NYE. Staff also seemed much better even though the service in the Parasol Bar was dreadfully slow.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:47 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
has anyone ever stayed in the Radius tower rooms?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
i stayed here 5 nights to attend conference.
check-in, given a 7th floor 1 king bed without club access.
showed my diamond card and magic started...
1) suite upgrade (22nd floor)
2) club access

poor club spread (no hot item) but nice location.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 1:03 pm

Good staff

I stayed here Dec 17-19 2010 as a diamond member. The staff was great. They originally put me in a beautifully decorated/updated room. However, since my wife and son were with me I asked if a suite were available. They immediately moved me to a corner suite. Not as nicely decorated, but roomy and perfect for us. RC was small. No hot food, but all-in-all pretty nice. Staff was very helpful. International tower has the quietest/best rooms. Radius tower has very small rooms. Atrium tower has roomy rooms and nice views, but it can get loud in there.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Platnium, Hyatt GP Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Cool Updated review?

Hello everyone, I am back with a new job that allows far more travel than my last one so I am very excited about that.

I am looking at staying at the Hyatt Regency instead of the Marriott Marquis next door for a convention in August. Any word on the renovations? How is this hotel compared to the Marriott Marquis?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.