Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Sydney Park Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Pre-Renovation 2011

Sydney Park Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Pre-Renovation 2011

Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:44 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hi All,
The suspense has gotten to me.
I booked the A380 Qantas bird in First and will be slumming it over for a stay in Mid March.
Expect a full detailed report
I offered to buy a suite for my stay but balked when they insisted no refunds once booked.
Use it or lose it
I will suffer with a mere (gasp) guest room with the hopeful expected
and appreciated Diamond treatment

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 7, 2012 at 11:42 am
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:28 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I was at Opera Bar underneath the Sydney Opera House last week. The hotel looks very unfinished.

I imagine they have left the lowest category rooms to last, then again the rooftop suites also look unfinished.

Frankly, I wouldn't want to stay there for a few months, at least. Did some search dates around Mardi Gras and the hotel looks sold out for some dates.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I was at Opera Bar underneath the Sydney Opera House last week. The hotel looks very unfinished.
Did you have a pair of binoculars?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:04 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Ummm, no, but as someone who used to work at this property, I think I can speak with some authority. It is only several hundred metres across the water, and I have been watching the construction closely since November, as you can see from my previous posts.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
The hotel only take reservation starts from March 20102 now, pretty much they cancelled all the booking before that.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I had an award booking for my parents for last week. The hotel called me sometime in late January that they would not be able to honor the booking but offered me a form of compensation which I thought was very fair.

Since my parents’ air travel had already been booked and given the short notice, I booked my parents in alternate accommodations: two nights at the Intercontinental and two nights at the Four Seasons. I will report back on which they preferred. I had considered the Shangri-La and Observatory but for some reason I can’t remember why I crossed them off my list.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by louie-m
Reopening 13 February according to this.
Now the website says february 17th

I hope they don't push back the opening further, since I have a reservation for mid march
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport: Diamond, Starwood: Starchoice, Starwood: Preferred Planner
Originally Posted by Florian79
Now the website says february 17th

I hope they don't push back the opening further, since I have a reservation for mid march
I have a reward booking 2-5 March so I hope they pull their finger out and finish up pronto!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 5:14 pm

I have an award booking for Feb. 19 thru 22, and received an email today from the hotel confirming the booking and welcoming letter.

Mod Edit: Now that the property has reopened - we have started a "new" Review Thread located at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html . Please continue further discussions there. For housekeeping purposes, I'll lock this thread.

Last edited by peteropny; Feb 20, 2012 at 10:33 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.