Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bellevue REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bellevue REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:28 pm

Back from spending most of the week at GH Bellevue. Hi Mervat, you are AWESOME! Great finally meeting you! Also kudos to Jaime @ the front desk. Called the night before arrival to check availability of a Suite, and even though they were sold out, she made it happen. Quick note to Rolf (GM) praising both responded to promptly.

Minor issues this stay included Cordless Phone didn't work (same as Chicago earlier in the month, speakerphone works great, just not the wireless handset) and the backlight on the ihome did not work either (also experienced same in Chicago.) Lightbulb burnt out over shower, call placed and was fixed when I returned. Only recieved paper 1 of the 3 nights I was there. Sink stopper was broken (would not close), called, looked fixed, but was actually worse ( wouldn't stay open). This all in the new Olympia tower.

Still a very good stay overall. Favorite feature of the rooms = Thermostats that go all the way down to "Ice Box" without having to use the VIP trick.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Recent stay(s) - Thanks giving Day

First of all, I want to say Thank You to Hyatt Hotel Corporation especially Hyatt at Bellevue to make my Lonely Thanksgiving Day to Magical Thanks giving Day .

I will give credit to Shaina Philips and Alexis ^^. Alexis, she checked me in on the Thanksgiving day with a nice smile and warm welcome ^ - Hyatt's Classical Style. And I am thankful that there is still consistency in Hyatt Corporation especially in the Front Line/Desk Services. It is indeed not easy for a person like me to spend 2 days alone in the hotel in Thanksgiving Day, but how they treated their loyalty members is the one which is matters for me. I really feel like at home instead the hotel from the moment I checked in to my room.

My Room: Located on 19 Floor, has really nice view of Lake Washington and Downtown Seattle. More importantly, it is very clean, good amenity kits (soap, shampoo, conditioner and toothbrushes) and this time the internet working very well (i.e. had no problem with it). The Room Dining provides a good food, even though it is not better than Hyatt at Olive 8 and Grand Hyatt Seattle Food Services.

Again, I sincerely wanna say Thank you to Alexis and and Shaina Philips for their attention and for being very helpful. Best Regards, Haryo Sutanto
Old Nov 29, 2010, 3:57 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I was here Thanksgiving night too. The staff, as described several times here was very nice and extremely helpful.

But my overall room impression was just meh.

We used a confirmed upgrade, and got a suite on the 21st floor. While it had a nice view, it seemed odd to me that the bathroom and the closet were in the living room portion, and not the bedroom portion.

I hadn't stayed there in quite a while, and wandered around the top floor looking for the Regency Club before calling down and being told they had moved it to the 2nd floor (oops on my part). The club wasnt staffed when I arrived, and while there were snacks and sodas sitting out and accessible, the Perrier was in the refrigerator which was chained shut (although not chained quite enough and I was able to sneak one out). The club is much larger now, but I really enjoyed the view from the outside deck in the old lounge, so I'm a little disappointed about the move.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by ldsant
Stayed at this property over the weekend. Upgraded to a nice suite on the 15th floor. They have changed out the white towels to gorgeous fluffy brown cotton (Egyptian/Turkish type) of towels and brown soft robes. Everything about this stay was perfect. Just perfect.
We were there in early Dec and didn't notice the brown towels in 1852 executive suite of the new tower. Just came back for another weekend stay and saw those brown towels in 1252 & 1352 suites also in the new tower. I can see they want to match decor with brown towels, but I for one sure missed the white Hyatt towels.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: British Air, Virgin, Alaska, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by wth
I stayed at this hotel five times in July-August (all but one were at the $73/nite special commemorating the opening of their new tower) and always received a regular (standard or deluxe, not sure) room usually w/i a couple floors of the RC. Two or three of those times, they didn't even give me a view of Meydenbauer Bay. The rate paid may have place me low in the pecking order.
I've stayed five times the past year as a Diamond. I pay the Govt. rate each time ($139), which is low compared to the average daily (weekday) rate. But I've been upgraded 3 of 5 times to a suite, and of course always provided free internet and RC access. The only thing that kept me from being upgraded during my last stay was that a sports team was there and had taken the suites.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:30 pm

I'm staying at the Hyatt in Bellevue right now. Is it normal for the TVs in the Gym to get something like only 10 channels? The only news channels are Fox local or Fox News....
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Any free street parking available in the area? I am staying Labor Day weekend and I see free weekend hotel parking ends at the end of Sunday (at midnight). I leave Monday morning.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 6:25 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Any free street parking available in the area? I am staying Labor Day weekend and I see free weekend hotel parking ends at the end of Sunday (at midnight). I leave Monday morning.
I'd contact the hotel directly to confirm this, but I suspect that free parking will extend into Labor Day as it is not a business day.

Last edited by peteropny; Dec 8, 2011 at 8:51 am
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Thanks, wth. Will report back.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:30 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Seeing rates of $119 ($136.13 a/i) here for various dates in December, which is $40 off the normal daily rate and just about the lowest I've ever seen this property at. Prepaid hyatt.com rate only, 1 day advance purchase required. If you're just looking for an end of the year mattress run, either of the two nearby Hotel Sierra properties will be cheaper, but this is a good rate for a FS property.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by baliktad
Seeing rates of $119 ($136.13 a/i) here for various dates in December, which is $40 off the normal daily rate and just about the lowest I've ever seen this property at.
If you still have some shopping to do...might want to consider shopper package at $149 that comes with $50 gift cert at the mall. Sure, you are paying the additional tax on that $50, but this drop your room rate by $20. If you don't have shopping to do, buy a small drink at the mall and get your change back in cash.

2 weekend ago, Regency club was closed, so additional GP points for diamond and our entire breakfast buffet was comp'ed. They are in the process of moving RC from 2nd floor courtyard location back to the tower.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 1:02 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by 168
If you still have some shopping to do...might want to consider shopper package at $149 that comes with $50 gift cert at the mall. Sure, you are paying the additional tax on that $50, but this drop your room rate by $20. If you don't have shopping to do, buy a small drink at the mall and get your change back in cash.
Good find! Have you been able to actually recover most of the gift certificate in cash? I would prefer cash but if it's good at any store in the mall I may just use it anyway. I rarely find packages like this compelling but I actually do have shopping to do. The rate even includes parking to boot!

Originally Posted by 168
2 weekend ago, Regency club was closed, so additional GP points for diamond and our entire breakfast buffet was comp'ed. They are in the process of moving RC from 2nd floor courtyard location back to the tower.
Only ever been in the 2nd floor location. No view but it was spacious, unlike many top-floor RC's that are squished into guestroom-sized areas. Hopefully this turns out for the better.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: hyatt diamond, hilton gold
Good find! Have you been able to actually recover most of the gift certificate in cash? I would prefer cash but if it's good at any store in the mall I may just use it anyway. I rarely find packages like this compelling but I actually do have shopping to do. The rate even includes parking to boot!

I have used this 50$ Bellevue collection cert every year at checkout towards the cost of the room. The first time I did this because the front desk manager told me when I checked in that if I didn't use it shopping I could use it towards the room at checkout!

Last edited by Markie; Dec 8, 2011 at 8:45 am
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by mel14
I have used this 50$ Bellevue collection cert every year at checkout towards the cost of the room. The first time I did this because the front desk manager told me when I checked in that if I didn't use it shopping I could use it towards the room at checkout!
Oh yes, I was told the same. Slightly off topic, if you never had Chinese soup dumpling, spend the cert across the sky bridge in Ding Tai Fong.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:13 pm

Only ever been in the 2nd floor location. No view but it was spacious, unlike many top-floor RC's that are squished into guestroom-sized areas. Hopefully this turns out for the better.
They can take their time......without FFN, G1, G2....promos, sure is nice getting additional RC closure bonus points and $60+tax buffet bill (2A & 2 kids) waived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.