Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bellevue REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bellevue REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:50 pm

Also just FYI, the lounge is still not open.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 12:52 pm

Stellar stay at HR Bellevue

Context:
Had 2 Chase certificate expiring end of this month and we were looking for a place to spend it near where we live. We looked at HR Seattle - which is much newer - and much more glitzy looking, but I needed to come to the office in Redmond, so we picked this Bellevue property.

Pre-check in:
We got an email from an FO manager, standard email greeting. I asked for slippers, dental kit and mouthwash to be prepared, in addition asking if there are comp upgrade for Globalist. Within minutes, got a reply back that we've been upgraded to a studio and confirming all requests. I did not see studio as room type but I figured it is a corner room with sitting area.

Room:
Just like I thought, the room is a corner room with a sitting area. Very large, and lots of space. I am guessing upwards of 500 sq feet easy. In their website I think they are displaying this as corner suite. The difference is the open up the wall between bedroom and sitting area, and keeping it open. Two wall sized window sections, with partial view of Lake Washington. The bathroom is the renovated one with walk in shower, no tub (our preference), with Pharmacopia amenities. There is a couch/sofabed with additional lounge chair, and work desk in the sitting area. One big cloth closet next to the entry, and another closet for coat in the sitting area. Room has standard mini bar and coffee machine.

Breakfast:
At Eques - the hotel restaurant at the 2nd floor. We ordered ala carte and Globalist got comp everything. Everything from the kitchen were great. Throughout the stay, we had crab and salmon bennies, tiramisu pancake, waffle with duck confit, fruit plate and smoothies. We ordered from the room (no room service) and picked up at the restaurant for us to eat in the room. On weekends, breakfast has buffet option.

Vicinity:
The hotel is part of the Bellevue/Lincoln Square - Bellevue Collection mall with skybridges connecting various buildings. There are plenty of restaurant options nearby, from fast food to sit-downs. Hotel is in the middle downtown Bellevue, with walking distance to library, Art Museum and a few city parks. Lake Washington is about 1.1 mile away, certainly walkable.

Others:
Parking is in underground garage with valet or self park. Self park is $32/day and free on weekends. Valet is slightly higher. We did self park and since we have Globalist status, it is comped for us.

Overall:
Really pleasant staycation. We stayed at newer HR Seattle once and HR Bellevue beats it by a mile due to upgrades, much better breakfast and overall services. This will be our go-to local Hyatt for staycation. We have a few other options (HR Seattle, Hyatt at Olive 8 - also very nice, Grand Hyatt and HR at Lake Washington - relatively new).
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
One Night Stay 4th of July Weekend

Had an expiring certificate so wife and I booked a 1 night stay for our anniversary. This was our 2nd time staying here. Checked in at 3 pm and had previously been upgraded to a high floor king (no view). Had looked morning of and no suites for sale. Looked like two big wedding events for the weekend. Check in was smooth and offered a bottle of wine when we told her it was our anniversary. Hess Chardonnay. She said she would send glasses to the room and offered to make restaurant reservations for breakfast, both of which didn’t happen.

Room was fine, nothing spectacular, nor was I expecting much. View looked east just over to I-405 and the hills beyond.

Woke up and used the fitness center in the AM. Not very crowded and seemed to have decent equipment. We got cleaned up and headed down to Eques for breakfast. No sign of our reservations but not a problem as we got seated right away. Service was great and food pretty good. Wife got Eggs Benedict and I got the buffet. They had a wide variety of offerings including an omelet bar. No charge on our bill, including the tip we left for the server.

We had asked for 1 pm checkout but someone knocking on door at 12. Checkout was smooth and they took off the $42 valet charge proactively.

Overall a good stay and great location if you want to take advantage of downtown Bellevue. Wouldn’t rush to stay here again but I would in the future.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:55 pm

Context:
Family is visiting for the summer (brother in law and his fam – wife, 2 girls ~ 9 and 12 yrs old) and for the first time in the US as well. The hotel is next to the mall building where city of Bellevue setup the 4th of July fireworks, so we decided to treat them on a stay-cay.

Pre-check in:
Got an email from an FO manager. I asked proactively for slippers, dental kits, mouth wash, comb and possible upgrade. Followed that up with a phone call. FO agent (Gabriella) was super helpful – she upgraded us on corner suites with view on the renovated (Cascade) tower. One room was on 18th floor, the other (ours) on 22nd. View is Lake Washington and downtown Seattle (in the distance). At check in, Chisato helped with check in and confirmed all the amenities. We also get a comp snack basket with chips, Chukar cherries (local delicacies) and some candy bars.

Room:
Corner suite – per the door map, the room is the largest on each floor. Living room has a sofa bed, working desk, chair, and ledge that can double as sitting/shelf space. Our living room has a 55” tv, while the other on the 18th floor has 65”. The minibar cabinet on ours has track lighting but the one on 18th floor does not.

Breakfast:
Excellent. As a globalist – and the other room has guest of honor status – we could choose buffer or ala carte. Our server on the 1st day – Ruth – told us – that if we prefer ala carte, we could choose to pick some items from the buffet and they’ll get those comped. We picked some sausages, French toast and muffin for our youngest nieces, and she got a nice hot coco as well – all comped.

Crab and salmon bennies are good. Tiramisu pancakes and corned beef hash are excellent. However their duck duck waffle takes the cake. It consists of waffles, poached duck egg, candied almonds, cream sauce, and duck confit. It’s to die for.

Vicinity:

See my review above – basically connected to Bellevue Collection complex. It is one of the anchor hotels in downtown Bellevue, and direct view to the 4th of July fireworks.

Parking:
Comped as globalist, and it is underground.

Overall:
Excellent stay overall. Staff is awesome – special shout out to Ruth at Eques, Gabriella and Chisato at the front desk. Hotel is not new, but renovations help the overall state, and breakfast is among the best ones we’ve had at any Hyatts – not just Hyatt Regencies.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:33 am

Had yet another comfortable 3 night stay here while in Bellevue for work. I was upgraded to a suite a full 2 business days ahead of my stay. That's the first time that's happened to me, as usually I only get a day-of-check-in notification about the upgrades. However, the only way I could tell was by clicking into the reservation details on the app (ie, it didn't have the little star that says "You've been upgraded!" next to it), and then it showed that my room type was the suite. They had all the local snacks waiting for me in my room which is a nice touch. Great staff and service as always. Breakfast had a couple new options (or maybe I just forgot about them)? Specifically, the quinoa porridge was fantastic and the green smoothie was amazing and a perfect hangover cure (yes, I may have had a few too many the night before with my work friends). Great stay as always.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 7:28 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Stayed here this week on a business trip and very happy with it.

Was upgraded only to a high floor room, but the room is in good condition and reasonably modern (other than a somewhat outdated shower/tub combo). Essentially exactly what you would expect from any decent HR/Marriott/Sheraton etc in the US suburbs.

Gym is excellent, with two full squat racks (rare in a hotel gym) and a selection of barbells and weight plates up to 55lbs (unheard of in a hotel gym), plus the usual set of cardio machines, some single-purpose weight machines, dumbbells up to 50lbs and a cable station. It does get busy though; I had it to myself for a while at 4am (thanks jetlag!) but there were commonly 5-10 others there with me by not long after 5.

Breakfast is in the restaurant, buffet or a la carte Friday-Monday and a la carte only Tue-Wed-Thu. (Not sure I totally understand that split for a presumably business traveler-oriented hotel, especially Monday which isn't usually a busy morning for any city hotel, but that was what the menu said.) Buffet is straight-down-the-middle standard for a hotel of this class in the US, other than perhaps the inclusion of smoked salmon which isn't always guaranteed to be on offer.

Hotel is part of a larger complex with some offices, so there are a few quick serve and sit-down restaurants in the same building, plus sky bridges to a few other nearby buildings (including the Westin and W). Downtown Bellevue is also booming in general with busy sidewalks, at least during the week, and lots of new construction, and light rail access to Seattle coming soon. That said, prices (and for that matter even availability at all) for this and the other nearby hotels reflect that.

Last edited by bgriff; May 26, 2023 at 5:27 pm
Old Jul 8, 2023, 1:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
What's the parking situation here? I'm only Discoverist, and considering using my Cat 1-4 free night for a staycation but we're cheap and having to spend $25 for parking might be a minor deterrent
Old Jul 24, 2023, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Moved a stay from the Hyatt Lake Washington to this for next month to be closer to friends during the trip and just now learning the lounge is closed. It also doesn't appear to have the fun activities that lake washington had with their destination fee on the website. Anyone know if they offer anything or will this just be a regular hotel experience with a good breakfast?

Edit: Any preference for which tower I should aim for? Will have 2 corner view suites as friends are coming as well. I know one tower is newer but the older one has received the renovations. Thanks!

Last edited by Warriorconcept; Jul 24, 2023 at 7:39 am
Old Jul 24, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Moved a stay from the Hyatt Lake Washington to this for next month to be closer to friends during the trip and just now learning the lounge is closed. It also doesn't appear to have the fun activities that lake washington had with their destination fee on the website. Anyone know if they offer anything or will this just be a regular hotel experience with a good breakfast?

Edit: Any preference for which tower I should aim for? Will have 2 corner view suites as friends are coming as well. I know one tower is newer but the older one has received the renovations. Thanks!
Regular hotel experience with a very good breakfast. You are in downtown Bellevue so more vibrant. We stay at both properties and like both. Cascade tower is our preference as it was the only tower updated. We like the elevator location better in the Cascade tower as the Olympia tower elevators are over by the ballrooms. Our last three stays have been at Lake Washington and the property is great! We do miss the dining options in Bellevue as we love Seastar, John Howie Steak and Daniel's Broiler.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by macmedic
Regular hotel experience with a very good breakfast. You are in downtown Bellevue so more vibrant. We stay at both properties and like both. Cascade tower is our preference as it was the only tower updated. We like the elevator location better in the Cascade tower as the Olympia tower elevators are over by the ballrooms. Our last three stays have been at Lake Washington and the property is great! We do miss the dining options in Bellevue as we love Seastar, John Howie Steak and Daniel's Broiler.
Thanks so much, would definitely have preferred lake washington but they did not have suites available during my dates. I will pass along to the concierge to see if they can note with the hotel a preference for the cascade tower.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 6:44 pm

Did they reopen the regency club lounge? Or maybe planning to reopen it? It remains closed for 3.5 years now
Old Aug 22, 2023, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Kostya
Did they reopen the regency club lounge? Or maybe planning to reopen it? It remains closed for 3.5 years now
They told me it won't be open this summer and no ETA on it opening
Old Aug 23, 2023, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Kostya
Which means Globalists still get restaurant breakfast. May it remain forever closed.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 7:52 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Can anyone confirm if the View Rooms here are better than the suites? I’m staying tonight and see an upgrade to a View King despite suites being available. However, upon checking the room descriptions, the View rooms mention being (and look) newly renovated, but the suites seem to not be?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 7:56 am

The suites are nothing special. The view rooms are modern
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.