Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bellevue REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bellevue REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2020, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
They're offering breakfast in the restaurant.

Some of the rooms here have been renovated, but the renovation was unfortunately low budget - carpets and furniture look/feel very cheap.
Actual breakfast in the restaurant sounds much better than options I've come across at other properties using that rate! I'm okay with the renovations not being the best, but that does sound disappointing that they didn't put more into it. I typically stay at the Hyatt House in Bellevue for most of my trips to the area, but since all of my appointments are in downtown Bellevue this time, this property is within walking distance of everywhere I need to be at. Plus, it's been a couple of years since I've stayed there. We'll see how it goes.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 5:39 pm

FYI - I just called the property. The hotel restaurant is only open on Saturday and Sunday right now. Pool (and obviously Regency Club) are closed.

They do have a good Shop Dine Play package where you can get $100 gift certificate for Bellevue Square Mall for each night you stay. The rate is about $50 more but there is a lot you can buy at the mall.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 11:34 pm

Staying at the property now. I am in a newly renovated room in the Cascade Tower. I like the decor.

tetudc likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
FYI - I just called the property. The hotel restaurant is only open on Saturday and Sunday right now. Pool (and obviously Regency Club) are closed.

They do have a good Shop Dine Play package where you can get $100 gift certificate for Bellevue Square Mall for each night you stay. The rate is about $50 more but there is a lot you can buy at the mall.
Good to know! I noticed that rate as well, and it seemed like a pretty good deal considering all the options available around there.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:46 pm

Has anyone stayed recently? Is the Club open? What are they offering for Globalist breakfast? Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2021, 7:29 pm

Has anyone stayed recently? Is the Club open? What are they offering for Globalist breakfast? Thanks!
I was there late June and the club was closed. For Globalist breakfast, I was able to eat at the restaurant. My bill for the breakfast was about $80. They took it off at the checkout.
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I was there late June and the club was closed. For Globalist breakfast, I was able to eat at the restaurant. My bill for the breakfast was about $80. They took it off at the checkout.
Thanks. I assume the restaurant is Eques?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Yes. We were there a month ago and they have no time frame for reopening the club. As an aside Seastar is an excellent restaurant and Zekes Pizza has great pizza.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:04 pm

Thanks. I assume the restaurant is Eques?
Yes, the restaurant is Eques and they have great food made from locally sourced ingredients.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Globalist Award Stay in August

Stayed one night on a cat 1-4 award. Booked standard room and was assigned a "club level" standard room as a Globalist in the Cascade Tower (the club is still closed). I messaged the hotel after mobile check-in and asked about upgrades and was moved to a junior suite on the 16th floor of the Cascade Tower. Room felt like a standard corner suite as the bedroom was separated by a proper door. Did hear considerable noise from the adjacent room through the connecting door, but once in the bedroom with the door closed, was pretty quiet except for some construction noise outside in the morning.

Asked about the Globalist breakfast, and was told no room service available but I could order takeout from Eques, which I did. I was told I could order anything I wanted and it would all be credited off.

I also asked about waived parking for Globalist award stays and was told I could either valet or self-park and they would waive it (pretty generous). Decided to self-park anyway as I didn't want to sanitize my car every time. There's a lot of construction going on and the only way to access the self-park lot is from NE 10th Street (on the north side of the hotel) but you have to approach from 106th Ave as you cannot come in from Bellevue Way.
Single_Flyer and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 7:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK Hyatt current policy is that free parking on Glob aware stays can be either valet or self park, at the customer's choice, if the hotel offers both. Hence the HR Bellevue wasn't being especially generous here, just following the T&Cs.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:19 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by rl508
I was told I could order anything I wanted and it would all be credited off.
Booked Guest of Honor for 4 adults using the Cat 4 cert 2 weeks ago. Eques was available for dine-in (club still closed) and my family was able to order anything they wanted unlike some locations limited to just 2 breakfasts or 2A+2 happy meals.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 7:58 am

Just finished a stay on a cat 1-4 cert. No upgrade was available, but moved to higher floor with view of Snowflake Lane. Club still closed. No bell service, no room service. Place feels very understaffed.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I'm going to be there for a conference in April. It would be nice if the club had reopened by then since I don't really stay at full service Hyatts enough to use the club certificates up, and this conference has a fair amount of downtime.

I won't have a car while staying there, but from what I remember the last time I was there maybe 10 years ago during my FFN days the mall has enough to make three days of conferencing tolerable.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:49 pm

Solid Stay

Hyatt Regency Bellevue

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hyatt Regency Bellevue

900 Bellevue Way Ne Bellevue, WA US 98004

Solid Stay (0 Photo)

Hyatt Regency Bellevue

Check In

I tried the entirely in-app check in process complete with digital key, and it was all fairly seamless. No complains there, but I don't know, I still like talking to someone at check-in just to make sure everything is in order. Which brings me to my next point. 

Room

I had a TSU to burn so I upgraded myself to a junior suite. The junior suites here are actually true suites with doors seperating the bedroom and living, so that's nice. 

I was upgraded to the more newly renovated tower (can't remember what it's called, but it's the building closer to 8th ave and above the fitness area), but these junior suites DO NOT have bathtubs. Although the furniture is more modern and the views nicer, I wanted a bath tub to relax in for my 4 night stay by myself. 

To that extent, I went to the front desk and told them of my plight. They checked in on their system and it took a decent amount of time, but they were finally able to put me in a junior suite on the older tower, 18th floor for sweet suite views, and a full on bath tub. 

Really excellent room. They remembered that I like a humidifier from my stay 2 years prior. Comfy bed, both firm and soft pillows, two large, smoothly functioning TVs, plenty of plugs, a desk with comfortable chair for working, a decent couch, two chairs, another chair in the bedroom, and as a globalist they gave me a whole bunch of local snacks. Woohoo! 

Pharmacopia amenities as to be expected in an HR with the shampoo, conditioner, and wash in locked big bottles, and the hand/facial soap individually wrapped. 

No complaints on the room whatsoever.

Service

Housekeeping came daily and promptly to the schedule I gave them (as I was working, I had virtual meetings I needed housekeeping to work around). Thorough and efficient.

The service at Eques was fine. No complaints.

If I needed anything, I'd call or use the app and items were brought promptly.

Great service all around. 

Dining

I had 4 breakfasts at Eques, including 2 buffets (Friday and Saturday). A La Carte essentially allows globalists to order whatever they want. I was told one entree and one drink, but when I ordered sides, an extra OJ, etc., everything was wiped out completely. Didn't even show up on my charges screen in app.

The buffet was great, as well. I was too hungover to eat one day (oops), but Saturday was great. Tons of options. Great globalist breakfast.

I believe the rest of the restaurants in the hotel are not actually a part of the Hyatt, and thus you can't get points for eating there. Not 100% sure, but pretty sure.

Easy access off the highway. Great location if you work in the area. Connected to the malls with tons of easy, covered access to anything you could possibly want to eat, drink, or buy. 

Overall

Great hotel. I love that my company's HQ is right here and I get to stay at this hotel when business calls. Look forward to staying there again.

Solid Stay

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Regency Bellevue?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.