Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:23 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Official hotel website now says:

"Grand Hyatt Singapore embarked on a multi-year transformation in October 2021 to herald a bold future filled with more iconic moments. The hotel is completely closed from 19 September 2022. Terrace Wing and its facilities will re-open in Q2 2024 while guestrooms in Grand Wing will open in 2025. Accommodation bookings will be available once the hotel’s reopening date has been confirmed. The hotel is currently accepting enquiries for groups and events for 2024."

Despite it already being Q2, there are no rooms to be booked anytime in 2024.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Despite it already being Q2, there are no rooms to be booked anytime in 2024.
They are still committed to an end of June opening but this might be slightly postponed to July (and technically Q3). Announcements and ability to book should follow soon.
Old May 8, 2024, 10:18 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Will the initial opening include the club lounge?

From what I recall the lounge will be located in the Grand Wing, which might only open in 2025, however, I can't find the relevant information anymore.
Old May 10, 2024, 5:28 am

I just walked past the hotel.

Front facade works seems to be done. Interiors are still bare bones.

lobby doesn’t seem to have changed much at front.

the rooms structure can be seen bare but I think fitting out should commence shortly. To note also I think they’ve already done up a suite or a room upstairs on the club floor as you can see from one of the photos.

Old May 13, 2024, 12:42 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
They still do not announce a reopening date, when asking.

So I guess it will be still months before that will happen.

Last edited by peter42; May 15, 2024 at 10:59 am
Old May 24, 2024, 4:29 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
https://theshutterwhale.com/blog/202...reopening-soon
Old May 24, 2024, 11:06 am
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Marriott Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
As a courtesy to other readers, and also keeping in mind FlyerTalk rule 7, please include a summary when linking to external sources

The post linked above is titled "First Look at the Newly-Renovated Rooms and Spaces of the Grand Hyatt Singapore - Reopening Soon?"

The Grand Hyatt Singapore has been closed since 19 September 2022 for renovation and it appears that it will be reopening soon - photos of the newly-renovated rooms as well as restaurants have surfaced on the official hotel website and it looks drastically different from what it used to be.
My only stay here was during the days of the Vaccinated Travel Lane, but from the photos shown here the interiors definitely seem updated and fresh!
Old May 24, 2024, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
While I’m sure the rooms will look updated and refreshed, all those photos in the blog post appear to be renderings and not real photos.
Zorak likes this.
Old May 24, 2024, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Marriott Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
While I’m sure the rooms will look updated and refreshed, all those photos in the blog post appear to be renderings and not real photos.
Good point, I didn't look closely enough
Old May 26, 2024, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
The lobby looks ready. I can see inside it from an angle every time I walk past it. (On an almost daily scale)
Old May 26, 2024, 8:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
So, where's the work desk? I guess it doesn't have to be glass, but the old layout was pretty much perfection in my book. The deluxe room is/was a satisfactory upgrade.
Old May 26, 2024, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
Gary Leff also linked to the same story in his blog. So you are not alone to have been fooled
Old Jun 9, 2024, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA -PLT
I see reservations are now bookable over the dates I was looking for over New Year's.

Just in case anyone was looking to book!
Old Jun 10, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Just checked their website since I'm starting to plan out a winter trip to SEA. Looks like the Grand Club will not be open until 2025. There is a note on the 10 Scotts page (under dining) that says that club services will be provided at 10 Scotts in the meantime. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, so I'm going to hold off and see what kind of reviews show up. I've stayed at the IC Bugis last couple of trips due to the reno at GH, and while I like the location and the hotel is OK, the lounge offerings have become rather skimpy there so it wouldn't take me much to move over to the GH.

Old Jun 10, 2024, 2:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The GH Club offerings were so generous before closure, they’d be making a major faux pas to their returning customers if it’s not immediately at a pretty high level, even if in a temporary space.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.