Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Old Sep 5, 2022, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by clearedforlanding
I've stayed here a number of times in the last few months and it could really do with being refurbed. It's just old and meh at this point.
Didn't they completely redo the back tower a few years ago?

I stayed in the main building in 2015 (Duplex Suite), and the room felt really tired then.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro; United Premier Platinum
I forgot to post here over the summer. I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 4 nights prior to their current closing for renovations, and it was surprisingly nice. Booked through Hyatt Prive and was upgraded to a Deluxe room (which is like a suite at most other properties) that had a separate living room and bedroom. Did not notice the rooms being tired or dated. The upkeep was pretty good between 2022 and a prior stay from 2016. (The 2016 stay was part of a tour package so didnt spend much time in the hotel or room though.) The room was immaculate. Not a speck of dust anywhere. Staff was friendly. No complaints. Really enjoyed the large breakfast buffet (although did miss the bacon since they are Halal). We booked this hotel as the first of our 4 hotels in Singapore, thinking it would be nothing special, but they really surprised us. We loved our stay, only second to the Four Seasons. It far surpassed the Conrad and InterContinental. We also didnt get bothered by the construction at all other than not having a pool. Looking forward to trying the Grand Hyatt again after they reopen next year.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 11:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Note on the official website regarding re-opening dates:

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/si...ingapore/sinrs

Terrace Wing and its facilities will re-open in early Q2 2023 while guestrooms in Grand Wing will open in late 2023. Accommodation bookings for 2023 will be available once the hotel’s reopening date has been confirmed. The hotel is currently accepting enquiries for groups and events from Q3 2023.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 3:24 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Looking forward to the reopening, hopefully on schedule.

It has been a very pleasant surprise to find that many of the (excellent) Grand Club staff are currently working in Singapore Airlines' First Class lounge in T3 until the hotel reopens.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by WISEMEN
Looking forward to the reopening, hopefully on schedule.

It has been a very pleasant surprise to find that many of the (excellent) Grand Club staff are currently working in Singapore Airlines' First Class lounge in T3 until the hotel reopens.
Some of the GH staff are working at the Andaz at the moment.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 11:45 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Re-opening has been postponed to Q3 now.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 2:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by rota
Re-opening has been postponed to Q3 now.
Most unfortunately I discovered this a few weeks ago when reached out on FB. Too bad, had to move over to Andaz and it's expensive!
Old May 4, 2023, 6:50 pm

Re-opening has been postponed even further to Q4 now.
Old May 4, 2023, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by rota
Re-opening has been postponed even further to Q4 now.
Why?
Old May 4, 2023, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Why?
Obviously because the renovations take longer than expected
lsquare likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 9:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Man bummer. Was hoping to check the renovation out.
Old May 5, 2023, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by footastic
Man bummer. Was hoping to check the renovation out.
Same. Gonna be in Singapore end of September. Luckily I booked the Andaz as a safety measure from the beginning.
Old May 15, 2023, 10:57 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Official hotel website states:

Terrace Wing and its facilities will re-open in Q4 2023, while guestrooms in Grand Wing will open in 2024. Accommodation bookings will be available once the hotel’s reopening date has been confirmed. The hotel is currently accepting enquiries for groups and events for 2024.
Old May 15, 2023, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Wish it were reopening sooner. I have a stay at the Andaz next week but am worried considering all the negative reviews on it. Hopefully I'll have a good stay. Loyalty programs work - I'm still at Andaz despite the bad reviews. I also had a Westin reservation but the location not as good as Andaz
Old Jul 25, 2023, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Wish it were reopening sooner. I have a stay at the Andaz next week but am worried considering all the negative reviews on it. Hopefully I'll have a good stay. Loyalty programs work - I'm still at Andaz despite the bad reviews. I also had a Westin reservation but the location not as good as Andaz
other than no tub in the room, Andaz isnt that bad to pick Westin over Andaz.

GH re-opening has been further delayed to Q1.

I was in orchard last month. I seriously doubt it will open in Q1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.