Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by pWei
They are undergoing renovation which reduces (halves?) their capacity. Not too surprising it's sold out with SG reopening. Also makes Glob standard suites hard to get, particularly since they've been selling them at a discount to their usual.
It's also a semi-popular place for staycations
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:41 am

I think it's more likely that starting September 20th the half not currently under renovation will start going under renovation too and the entire hotel may be closed until the terrace wing (becoming wellness wing) reopens which is supposed to be Q1 2023.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Hydro88
It's also a semi-popular place for staycations
It may have changed, but I had a sense some of those staycations were rather short, given the proximity to Orchard Towers.
Hydro88 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Pickles
It may have changed, but I had a sense some of those staycations were rather short, given the proximity to Orchard Towers.
haha! there are plenty of lodging opportunities for those purposes inside Orchard Towers
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Pickles
And BRIX (currently closed) just an elevator ride away.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
The front tower closes at the beginning of September and is due to re-open on New Years Day, bizarrely. That could well slip and probably will as it sounds rather ambitious. The intention was to change Mezza9 and the Martini Bar and get rid of Brixx, although the money the latter makes, or made, may save it.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:39 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Currently at the GH Singapore.

This morning I noticed that Straits Cafe is changing their breakfast procedure. Up until yesterday there were stanchions in front of each station and the chefs would hand plated requests from behind the plexiglass barriers.
Today the stanchions were gone and the fruit bar was self service. I asked one of the staff about it and he said starting tomorrow (4/2) it would essentially be going back to self service for the rest of the stations.

The lounge has been "on order" during Evening Cocktail so it'll be interesting to see what changes there.
Old May 1, 2022, 8:03 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
FWIW, and for those who care, children are now allowed in the lounge during Evening Cocktail.
There have been some pretty eager families showing up around 5:30 saving their spot for a meal.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by mongobot
The lounge has been "on order" during Evening Cocktail so it'll be interesting to see what changes there.
Still 'on order', which is a faff (especially for the staff) and strange when they have removed the restrictions in Straits Kirchen.

Originally Posted by mongobot
FWIW, and for those who care, children are now allowed in the lounge during Evening Cocktail.
There have been some pretty eager families showing up around 5:30 saving their spot for a meal.
That's because they have no choice now that Oasis is no longer available. They used to allow families with kids anything off the menu at Oasis between 6 & 8pm. On occasions we have been here it was booked for a private event we were allowed anything in 10 Scotts between 6 & 8 but with the Martini Bar closed 10 Scotts is the only bar in the hotel, not counting Brixx, which reopened last week and was heaving at weekend.

It's very busy here at the moment, unsurprising when travel is starting up again and they have lost the back tower to refurb. I am off to Bangkok later but at one point might have been staying another night and the cheapest room for tonight is almost 1000 SGD. It was 800 for an Economy Room at the weekend. Madness.

The front tower is scheduled to close in September meaning the entire place will be shut. The hope is to re-open the back tower in January but not sure thats on track. Sadly we have seen the last of the Martini Bar as that area and the Party Room next door (that they used when the Martini Bar was being refurbed a few years ago) will be the new location for the club lounge. The current one on the 21st floor will be closing. There is also supposedly a Michelin Star Restaurant opening where Mezza9 currently is.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
There is also supposedly a Michelin Star Restaurant opening where Mezza9 currently is.
That is not possible. Restaurants aren't given Michelin ratings before they open.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
That is not possible. Restaurants aren't given Michelin ratings before they open.
Yeah, they probably mean a restaurant with a chef who previously worked at a Michelin-rated restaurant. We will have to see how great the restaurant will actually be - Michelin hands out stars in a rather inflationary manner in Singapore.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Hydro88
Yeah, they probably mean a restaurant with a chef who previously worked at a Michelin-rated restaurant.
Yes, or operated by a group that has a starred restaurant somewhere. Pretty meaningless.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Grand Hyatt Singapore is to close completely for renovation on September 19, 2022, with a planned reopening in Q1 2023.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Minor updates: breakfast seatings now 7:00-8:30AM and 9:00-10:30AM.

There is now someone at the fitness center from around 8:00AM to 6:00PM. Still no mask or distancing enforcement, but equipment is cleaned periodically. (Most guests don't. )

I got the same junior suite upgrade.

For any vegetarians or teetotalers out there, you won't find much reason to visit the Grand Club. At least I didn't. There are several wines and two beers offered.
I just called the hotel and they said breakfast is from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM, seven days a week. There was no mention of different seatings.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? What's the breakfast buffet like? Decent food spread? What about the club lounge?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lsquare
Grand Hyatt Singapore is to close completely for renovation on September 19, 2022, with a planned reopening in Q1 2023.
Much needed! Any idea what is actually being done? Is this just to upgrade the restaurants/common areas? Doesn't seem long enough to do anything substantial with guest rooms sadly.

I've stayed here a number of times in the last few months and it could really do with being refurbed. It's just old and meh at this point. Even if the rooms are pretty large. Never managed to get an upgrade to the official standard suite but the highest room categories have a separate living area. They do often offer me their last smoking suite, which I suspect is just a standard line. Find both here and the Andaz quite suss on their upgrades, especially when they tell me no suites are available while simultaneously selling them online. I tend to smile and call this out now.

Originally Posted by lsquare
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? What's the breakfast buffet like? Decent food spread? What about the club lounge?
Decent breakfast at StraitsKitchen. Everything you'd expect - egg station, noodles, indian selection, cold cuts, bakery. I think (much like the whole of the hotel at this point) it isn't high end. But it's solid.
Club lounge has a really good selection in the evening. Usually 4 hot dishes + a soup + rice. Then cold items like salads, cold cuts, sushi, cheeses etc alongside that. Substantial stuff - yesterday there were chilled scallops and prawns, for example. You can have a very reasonable meal here.

Personally I wouldn't stay here right now. I feel like they're already in shutdown mode. Recently had to switch rooms twice cause of bad smells and then had to call a cleaner to the third room to clear up sauce still on the table from a previous guest. Nice team at reception and the lounge, but I really don't think it's worth the S$500+/night they're often asking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.